Coryell Cove Resident

Stephenville, TX

#122 Sep 12, 2011
ritabee wrote:
Had friends that were in the restaurant and had fried green tomatoes and was raving about it. What happened?? No longer available?????
Fried green tomatos are good but I think maybe you were able to get them because they were locally produced/grown? Tomatos in Texas did not fare well this year because it got really hot really early...I bet you will see them pop up on the menu when locally grown tomatos are available....
Sir eat alot

Waco, TX

#123 Jan 26, 2012
First time at Black Meg 43 today. I drove by for the last 6 months and wanted to stop by but was sure if it is good or not. I should have stopped by 6 months ago. Best burger in town. Almost a pound of angus burger for $5.25, best deal anywhere. Great food and fast service. Only had one suggestion, if they make the building colorful bright with neon lights, I would have stopped by 6 months ago and did not have to eat all the nasty burgers from the other place in town.
Meg Question

Waco, TX

#124 Feb 6, 2012
Black Meg is a great burger at a great price. Is this really the same folks running the concessions at the golf course now? If so can you get the same good hamburger, fries and meg sauce out there also?
In The Know

Killeen, TX

#125 Feb 6, 2012
This is the same family and yes they have the same great meals at the golf course. Please spread the word.
Meg Question wrote:
Black Meg is a great burger at a great price. Is this really the same folks running the concessions at the golf course now? If so can you get the same good hamburger, fries and meg sauce out there also?
Meg Question

Frisco, TX

#126 Feb 6, 2012
In The Know wrote:
<quoted text>This is the same family and yes they have the same great meals at the golf course. Please spread the word.
Great news!
Johnny B

United States

#127 Feb 19, 2012
Black Megs is easily the best burger joint in town. I love the cowboy and the wife loves the El Diablo. Great food at good prices. Kids menu is excellent as well. Friendly staff and quick service. The interesting drive thru set up works pretty well too. Keep up the good work guys.
Unfortunately

Waco, TX

#128 Feb 19, 2012
Unfortunately you cannot get Meg Sauce at Golf Course & the entire operation out there needs some work. Equipment piled up, looking like its not even open for business. Food tastes good just need to straighten up the facility & disappointed that you can't get the Meg Sauce :(
Sandreah2010

United States

#129 Feb 26, 2012
My husband took us to lunch at Black Meg because the guys he works with swore by the place. The burger was delicious, loaded with veggies and I loved the fries in the little brown paper bags. My son tore the fries up...LOL I plan on going back to the one in Killeen in a few days. The only thing I ask is to cook the fries a little longer. Other than that, I will continue to eat there and try different items on your menu. The young lady who took our order was very friendly and the young man who had just came in to work, asked us if everything was good. I love good customer service!! I hope you guys stay around for a long time. Good LUCK!
plackers

Killeen, TX

#130 Apr 19, 2012
packisback wrote:
what is up with Black Meg - they are slow in remodeling a hamburger joint how much difference is there to replace equipment.


its alot harder than you yhink remember they didnt have milliones of dollars to have someone else do it so they did it there selves and when you have only a couple of guys rebuilding a restuarant its not that easy. so please be courteous.
BurgerBurgerBaby

Haslet, TX

#131 Aug 2, 2012
This is kind of an old thread but I wanted to add my 2¢. Black Meg 43 is *amazing*.

I've been to the one in Belton & the one in Killeen. I'd never heard of it until I saw the one in Killeen and, admittedly, was wary of it considering the neighborhood & the name. Pure ignorance on my part, but I didn't know the story until I read it in the restaurant.

The burger is *to. die. for*. The very best in the area, by a long shot.(Take that Billy Bob's, B Town & Five Guys!! Just to name a few.) Pair that with the ridiculously low price of $5 for a FULL MEAL & ding! ding! ding! you have a WINNER!

The fry seasoning is top notch but I can take or leave the fries because I prefer them thinner & super crispy. That being said, Black Meg's are *always* fresh though & if you like a regular-to-thickish cut fry you will love their's.

The burger is SO juicy & flavorful. It is not the same kind of greasy that you'd find at Five Guys, this is bonafide juiciness. Their burger spread is delicious & I love everything about the burger.

I went to the one in Killeen at 11am & the place was already packed. The service was fast & the food was perfect. In Belton, I went around 3pm. My burger was out in 3 minutes tops. AND it was just-off-the-grill fresh.

You simply can't get a better burger for a better price in the area.

Black Meg, want a tip from a native Killeenite? Open a new location at the corner of Elms & Trimmier. You will make a KILLING.

Keep doing what you do & don't stop, you've got a winner.
Permanent Guest

Odessa, TX

#132 Aug 6, 2012
The food is delish

Since: Jan 11

Killeen, TX

#133 Aug 6, 2012
Thank you!
BurgerBurgerBaby wrote:
This is kind of an old thread but I wanted to add my 2¢. Black Meg 43 is *amazing*.
I've been to the one in Belton & the one in Killeen. I'd never heard of it until I saw the one in Killeen and, admittedly, was wary of it considering the neighborhood & the name. Pure ignorance on my part, but I didn't know the story until I read it in the restaurant.
The burger is *to. die. for*. The very best in the area, by a long shot.(Take that Billy Bob's, B Town & Five Guys!! Just to name a few.) Pair that with the ridiculously low price of $5 for a FULL MEAL & ding! ding! ding! you have a WINNER!
The fry seasoning is top notch but I can take or leave the fries because I prefer them thinner & super crispy. That being said, Black Meg's are *always* fresh though & if you like a regular-to-thickish cut fry you will love their's.
The burger is SO juicy & flavorful. It is not the same kind of greasy that you'd find at Five Guys, this is bonafide juiciness. Their burger spread is delicious & I love everything about the burger.
I went to the one in Killeen at 11am & the place was already packed. The service was fast & the food was perfect. In Belton, I went around 3pm. My burger was out in 3 minutes tops. AND it was just-off-the-grill fresh.
You simply can't get a better burger for a better price in the area.
Black Meg, want a tip from a native Killeenite? Open a new location at the corner of Elms & Trimmier. You will make a KILLING.
Keep doing what you do & don't stop, you've got a winner.
Forest

Waco, TX

#134 Sep 30, 2012
I live in Cove and drove by this place for months before I finally stopped. What a surprise. I ordered the double Meg cheeseburger and fries. I got 2 delicious old style thick burgers and fries with more than I could eat. Now I order the $5 cheeseburger / fries combo which is always good and an ample meal which comes with a drink.

Every time I have been there I have been promptly and courteously greeted by the friendly staff and the service is super fast.

The place is not fancy ... just good ole delicious economical food. Just what I look for in a great restaurant.

Since: Jan 11

Killeen, TX

#135 Oct 4, 2012
Forest wrote:
I live in Cove and drove by this place for months before I finally stopped. What a surprise. I ordered the double Meg cheeseburger and fries. I got 2 delicious old style thick burgers and fries with more than I could eat. Now I order the $5 cheeseburger / fries combo which is always good and an ample meal which comes with a drink.
Every time I have been there I have been promptly and courteously greeted by the friendly staff and the service is super fast.
The place is not fancy ... just good ole delicious economical food. Just what I look for in a great restaurant.
Thank you.
paco

United States

#136 Nov 28, 2012
looks like we are loseing Black Megs in the Cove, some big pharmacy chain is building all the way to the fish market,If they stay in the Cove some place down around Starbucks would be nice stay out of down town please!!
Retired 1SG

Killeen, TX

#137 Nov 29, 2012
The Cove EDC is supposed to meet with Black Meg's owner to try and find them a new place in town.
Sometimes progress sucks.
abc123

Killeen, TX

#138 Dec 12, 2012
Question is who is getting the bid to build this new CVS? Is that person or persons family on the board of the EDC? Did the tax payers need a CVS or a Black Megs? Or the owners of Black Megs new money or Old money in cove?
Forest

Garland, TX

#139 Dec 13, 2012
They are moving across the street to the old Kettle location. I hope the overhead for the new location does not force them to raise the prices.

Maybe more people will come and eat inside since the dining area will be larger and more accommodating to larger crowds.
Rain

United States

#140 Dec 30, 2012
HeHu wrote:
You could have chose another name as the name implies black hang out. Sorry
Hehu- obviously you did not read the post above. One of the best places to get a burger. The ignorance in this town is sad.
Josh

Killeen, TX

#141 Oct 21, 2015
When is1 dollars burger day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Copperas Cove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Central Texas Infant Dies; Charge Against Stepf... (Jul '10) Aug 21 Anonymous 5
Cove's best baseball player ever (Jun '11) Aug 19 Deezle 30
Review: Gregory K Simmons PC (May '13) Aug 19 P Pool 4
What unit used the crest shown in my user ID ph... Aug 18 TomCatTiger 1
1st Bde, 2nd AD 1967-1969 - Organization Chart Aug 15 TomCatTiger 3
Review: Young Libersky & Holbrook (May '11) Aug 14 tamara klotz 7
News Soldier Jailed In Weekend Murder At Fort Hood (Sep '13) Aug 12 FreedomFighter 54

Copperas Cove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Copperas Cove Mortgages