First Prev
of 2
Next Last
laura

Belton, TX

#21 Sep 8, 2010
I agree. Instead of cutting down one group why don't you praise the group you want to highlight. Or is it more fun just to sling harsh words. Go 'Dawgs
Wandering

Waco, TX

#22 Sep 8, 2010
Does anyone find it odd that Welch had to get a team from a foreign country to play for the Cove Homecoming?
Like he couldn't get a team from Texas, he had to get a team from out of the country to play?
Maybe that is why our schools taxes are going up, they have to pay the travel, board, feed and shopping trip for a bunch of foreigners to come here.

If that is the best I could do I would start looking on hanging my cleats up and calling it quits. With all the contraversy over illegals and he goes looking for Mexicans to play?

Does the ICL endorse this as I believe that you cannot even play a team from outside the state, much less outside the country.
Cove Oldie

Copperas Cove, TX

#23 Sep 8, 2010
Wandering wrote:
Does anyone find it odd that Welch had to get a team from a foreign country to play for the Cove Homecoming?
Like he couldn't get a team from Texas, he had to get a team from out of the country to play?
Maybe that is why our schools taxes are going up, they have to pay the travel, board, feed and shopping trip for a bunch of foreigners to come here.
If that is the best I could do I would start looking on hanging my cleats up and calling it quits. With all the contraversy over illegals and he goes looking for Mexicans to play?
Does the ICL endorse this as I believe that you cannot even play a team from outside the state, much less outside the country.
It has nothing to do with our taxes.
Another local high school played them too. I don't remember which team, I want to say somewhere in Austin. I do remember it on one of the local sports wrapup shows.
iluvit73

Waco, TX

#24 Sep 8, 2010
Round Rock Stony Point. Mexico pays for there own trip.
Retired 1SG

Waco, TX

#25 Sep 9, 2010
This is one of the two best high school teams in Mexico. Every year they and the other team play Texas teams. We aren't paying anything.
mikec

Belton, TX

#26 Sep 9, 2010
another mud slinger making up lies. The Mexico team pays their own way to come to Copperas Cove two years in a row, pays their own motel rooms, own travel. What a great economic boost to the Copperas Cove economy and yet another person who does not know the details makes a statement and makes it sound like fact. This team was the Mexico national champions and I understand the ticket sales are going extremely well. And WElch nor Cove went after the Mexico team, the Mexico team approached many Texas high schools looking for games. That is a fact!
laura

Belton, TX

#27 Sep 9, 2010
You are exactly right mikec. I am so excited to see this game, even though it is a non-district game. We have 11 in our family going, already got tickets, see ya there. And to wandering-STAY home.
johnjoe

Belton, TX

#28 Sep 9, 2010
I just saw the team from Mexico. Wow, the Dags might have bit off more than they can chew. They are big.

Since: Nov 09

Killeen, TX

#29 Sep 9, 2010
They are a big team. They are not very fast. With the Dawg's speed, they should not have a problem with these guys. Round Rock held them on the goal line on three different occasions and the game was a lot closer than the score showed. From what I hear they love the game very much and are excellent sportsmen. They have played a lot of their pre-district games in the US over the last few years. Should be a fun game to watch.
Retired 1SG

Waco, TX

#30 Sep 9, 2010
Cove has speed to burn. RR Stony Point is a great team, but so are the Dawgs.
Prediction: Cove - 35, the other guys - 16
johnjoe

Belton, TX

#31 Sep 9, 2010
Mexico will pull a big upset in this one. Size will dominate
Retired 1SG

Waco, TX

#32 Sep 9, 2010
I don't think so. Southlake Carroll was huge also, so was Waco, and Cove's o-line dominated both of those teams. Cove's D, while not big, gang tackles and flows to the ball well.
You can't catch what you can't see. Randolph, Thomas and others will put up big numbers again.
Cove Oldie

Copperas Cove, TX

#33 Sep 10, 2010
johnjoe wrote:
Mexico will pull a big upset in this one. Size will dominate
Final Score Dawgs 49 Mexico 6.

How does that crow taste?
Cove Oldie

Copperas Cove, TX

#34 Sep 10, 2010
johnjoe wrote:
I just saw the team from Mexico. Wow, the Dags might have bit off more than they can chew. They are big.
Shame on you for doubting the home team!
Retired 1SG

Waco, TX

#35 Sep 10, 2010
Blowout at the Dawg Pound. lol
Tina

Killeen, TX

#36 Sep 11, 2010
Retired 1SG wrote:
Blowout at the Dawg Pound. lol
Those kids from Mexico showed a lot of class last night. They came over and were talking and laughing with some of the crowd after the game.(I'm sure the girls on our side might have had something to do with it!) I've been to a lot of the Cove games and never seen another team do that.

I had to laugh at Les as he changed their name throughout the night from the El Tigres to various versions. It was The Tigers in the 3rd quarter and I think the audio system went out for a portion of the end.
Retired 1SG

Waco, TX

#37 Sep 11, 2010
Les Ledger is a great asset at the Dawg Pound. Everytime when he announces "at Copperas Cove's Bulldawg Stadium we sing the National Anthem: I get shivers up my spine.
johnjoe

Belton, TX

#38 Sep 11, 2010
The crow doesn't taste good but I will accept it. the Mexico team was good and Cove is awesome. What stood out to me was the Cove coaching and the level of play from the players because Leon's line was doing a good job of opening holes. But my prediction was wrong.
Cove Oldie

Copperas Cove, TX

#39 Sep 11, 2010
johnjoe wrote:
The crow doesn't taste good but I will accept it. the Mexico team was good and Cove is awesome. What stood out to me was the Cove coaching and the level of play from the players because Leon's line was doing a good job of opening holes. But my prediction was wrong.
You're a good sport. Have a blessed day!
doll

Copperas Cove, TX

#40 Sep 15, 2010
all i have to say is ...u go dawgs!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Copperas Cove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wounded Military Dating or Wounded Warriors Dating (May '10) 13 hr tammy stanley 10
1st 13th Armor Battalion, 1st AD (May '09) Thu Smokin Joe 9
Review: Fiesta Sweepstakes LLC Oct 20 mike Goddard 2
1 st Armored Division (May '09) Oct 18 Smokin Joe 41
new goodwill store Oct 14 Retired 1SG 3
Liquor petition fails Oct 14 Retired 1SG 10
Dog Boarding (Nov '13) Oct 14 Zach 3
Copperas Cove Dating
Find my Match

Copperas Cove Jobs

Copperas Cove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Copperas Cove News, Events & Info