First Prev
of 2
Next Last
iluvit73

Waco, TX

#1 Aug 28, 2010
Cove wins 35 to 14 against Southlake Carroll. Good crowd tonight from both sides. Carroll fans travel nice to support there football team. The Dawgs need to improve on coverage, but overall they did ok. They made some big plays that helped them win the game. I know some people think we are in trouble with our offense, but our main quarterback was not in the game due to injury someone said. So when Nic Green comes back we will see how the offense will work then. I was a little disappointed on our play calling with the same running plays. Why can't we do more screens or short passes that worked for us. Nickle and dime teams. Who knows. Can't wait to play Carroll next year if we get too. I am sure Southlake will be fine. There rebuilding in there first year and were in our second year of rebuilding. So that can make a difference sometimes. Good luck to both teams and good luck to my Copperas Cove Bulldawgs. Next up Waco. Well someone is going to be 2-0 and someone is going to be 1-1. So if our Dawgs play well we should be able to win. The fans travel well with Waco when they come to Cove. I always have to hear the Waco crowd say WACOOOOOO, WACOOOOO, lol. Can't wait to see the game. Should be a good one.
iluvit73

Waco, TX

#2 Aug 28, 2010
Does anyone agrees with me that they shouldn't be playing commercials when a player is injured on the field?
iluvit73

Waco, TX

#3 Aug 28, 2010
on the video screen at the stadium
DawgDave

Waco, TX

#4 Aug 28, 2010
iluvit73: Nic Green graduated last year. He is not our QB.
Orlando Thomas did great at QB. And how you can state some people think our offense is in trouble when rushing for almost 400 yards against this perennial state powerhouse is beyond me.
Retired 1SG

Waco, TX

#5 Aug 28, 2010
I think you mean Austin Greene. He was injured and didn't play. Orlando Thomas did an outstanding job at QB last night. We didn't pass because we didn't have to. Why put a new QB in that situation if you don't have to? All the hype was about Southlake Carroll's QB who didn't play, but everyone overlooked ours was out also. The one thing that hit me square in the eyes was we held them to something like 18 total yards of offense in the second half.
iluvit73

Waco, TX

#6 Aug 28, 2010
Retired 1SG wrote:
I think you mean Austin Greene. He was injured and didn't play. Orlando Thomas did an outstanding job at QB last night. We didn't pass because we didn't have to. Why put a new QB in that situation if you don't have to? All the hype was about Southlake Carroll's QB who didn't play, but everyone overlooked ours was out also. The one thing that hit me square in the eyes was we held them to something like 18 total yards of offense in the second half.
Yes Austin Green. Got them confused. Thanks
iluvit73

Waco, TX

#7 Aug 28, 2010
DawgDave wrote:
iluvit73: Nic Green graduated last year. He is not our QB.
Orlando Thomas did great at QB. And how you can state some people think our offense is in trouble when rushing for almost 400 yards against this perennial state powerhouse is beyond me.
Got the QB confused. Yes Thomas did great last night. I was just making a statement on what people said about our offense. It might have worked last night, but you can't run on every team we face this year and I would like to see a little passing, but we didn't have to last night cause the running was working for us.
mikec

Waco, TX

#8 Aug 28, 2010
It is amazing. Never will acoach or team satisfy everybody. Winning is not good enough. Need more pass plays, better defense, and on and on. It is halarious. Go Dawgs, keep on doing great.
laura

Belton, TX

#9 Aug 29, 2010
In my opinion, that was a great victory for the team, school and this community. But it is really something to see the critisms of not enough passing or enough yards for this or that or too much of this or that. Just keep doing your best Dawgs. The real fans are with you through thick and thin.
test123

Belton, TX

#10 Aug 29, 2010
laura wrote:
In my opinion, that was a great victory for the team, school and this community. But it is really something to see the critisms of not enough passing or enough yards for this or that or too much of this or that. Just keep doing your best Dawgs. The real fans are with you through thick and thin.
I sort of agree... I think that most football fans (not just High School) understand that there is only so many running plays you can go before the other team seem to pick you apart on it. This is the first game and it worked. But go to game 5 and 6 and and never pass the ball will cause teams to stack the line on you. Throwing the ball keeps the other team honest.

I dont think anyone on this board is saying Cove dint play a great game. I think they are hoping for a more dynamic playing scheme. The fact they we kept running the ball was sort of a joke between a few folk in the section I was sitting in. Bottom line is a win is a win
Retired 1SG

Waco, TX

#11 Aug 29, 2010
I heard a commentary last season by an announcer talking about this very same thing.
It seems that about 30 years ago a young offensive coordinator at Syracuse was running the same play consecutively, over and over again with the same running back. The head coach gets on his phone and asks the offensive coordinator if he had any other plays. The O-Coordinator said "sure, but until they figure out how to stop this one we'll keep running it any pick up 8-10 yards a play".
The running back was Joe Morris, who went onto to play for the Giants and set the Giants record for rushing at the time and won a SuperBowl and was All-Pro.
The offensive coordinator? A guy named Jim Tressel.
ru stupid

AOL

#12 Aug 29, 2010
test123 wrote:
<quoted text>
I sort of agree... I think that most football fans (not just High School) understand that there is only so many running plays you can go before the other team seem to pick you apart on it. This is the first game and it worked. But go to game 5 and 6 and and never pass the ball will cause teams to stack the line on you. Throwing the ball keeps the other team honest.
I dont think anyone on this board is saying Cove dint play a great game. I think they are hoping for a more dynamic playing scheme. The fact they we kept running the ball was sort of a joke between a few folk in the section I was sitting in. Bottom line is a win is a win
We did throw one pass. We beat them by 21 points and they could not stop the run. Would you have shown all of our future competition the plays that we may have to use on them, if they can stop the run? Or would you keep them guessing? Should we have used our entire playbook and run the score up?
test123

United States

#13 Aug 30, 2010
ru stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
We did throw one pass. We beat them by 21 points and they could not stop the run. Would you have shown all of our future competition the plays that we may have to use on them, if they can stop the run? Or would you keep them guessing? Should we have used our entire playbook and run the score up?
Hey Stupid..
Cove won this won and Cove will a lot of games playing the exact same way. The running game Friday night work great. The secound half was outstanding.(couldnt help but not the "WE" in your comments as if you are playing or coaching). Jack should be doing motivational speaking, because those kids came out on fire for the secound half.
Do you honestly think that they didnt pass in this game was because it help hide the play book? This has been the way Cove has played for years, when there isnt a 100% faith in the throwing game. Keep in mind the one pass was in the first half. and at half time it was what????? 14 - 14... so your therory doesnt hold water, on why we didnt pass.

Bottom line is that we both agree it was a great game. We both believe the kids played hard and won. What we are disagreeing about is somthing neither of us can change.
test123

United States

#14 Aug 30, 2010
sorry for the numerous spelling and grammar errors.
iluvit73

Waco, TX

#15 Sep 6, 2010
Yeah my Dawgs are 2-0 and looking forward to being 3-0 against Autonoma de Nuevo Leon (Monterrey, Mexico)GO DAWGS!
Retired 1SG

Waco, TX

#16 Sep 7, 2010
A big win against a much improved Waco team. Putting up 49 against them shows everyone just how potent Cove's offense is.
This team from Mexico is good. But Cove should win and run up another huge score.
laura

Belton, TX

#17 Sep 7, 2010
I am so proud of my 'Dawgs. It irks me to see people get on here and run down the coaching or question how they operate the offense and defense. It is obvious they know something to be as good as they are year after year after year. Keep playing hard boys. We are proud of you.
lallalalla

Waco, TX

#18 Sep 7, 2010
Its a shame that more people focus on the football in this town then they do anything else. Really what would happen if all that attention and money was placed some where else. I know football is as big if not bigger then church here. Do we see picutres of UIL members on walls. Do we see photos or hear about those that make 4.0 that go on and make a real difference in life when they leave here. But really how many kids or not football players, cheerleaders or band members. Lets focus on better grades and what to do with the rest of their life after the lights go out on the field.. Lets focus on what this town needs !!!Ok start the hate.
laura

Belton, TX

#19 Sep 7, 2010
no hate here. It is just, that is why we do have activities in school to help the children stay interested, learn lessons that will help them in their life that can not be taught in a book. Yes, I think most of us agree it is the education that counts. And a good rounded education is very helpful in the process.
Cove Oldie

Copperas Cove, TX

#20 Sep 8, 2010
lallalalla wrote:
Its a shame that more people focus on the football in this town then they do anything else. Really what would happen if all that attention and money was placed some where else. I know football is as big if not bigger then church here. Do we see picutres of UIL members on walls. Do we see photos or hear about those that make 4.0 that go on and make a real difference in life when they leave here. But really how many kids or not football players, cheerleaders or band members. Lets focus on better grades and what to do with the rest of their life after the lights go out on the field.. Lets focus on what this town needs !!!Ok start the hate.
Why don't you get a thread going about all the other great groups in our schools? I will find something to add.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Copperas Cove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
south bipass 4 hr k-krush 3
this town (Dec '10) Dec 15 nate9606 11
earn 3500 in your PayPal today Dec 13 Freakman_101 2
Fort Hood 1966 (Jan '12) Dec 13 PFC Dick Towner 5
Review: Assembly Of Prayer Christian Church (Sep '12) Dec 10 tammy 57
"The" Modeling/Acting Auditions in Austin (Nov '09) Dec 9 Leachmark707 5
Judge: Ft. Hood suspect could be forcibly shaved (Jul '12) Dec 7 Native Texan 283
Copperas Cove Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Copperas Cove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Copperas Cove News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Copperas Cove

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:38 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:38PM