The Starting of the Slums along FM 116 S
Tush

Killeen, TX

#22 Aug 10, 2011
Maybe if the code enforcement was civil service things would get done???????

Seems like it fixes, in some minds, all of the issues.
Pedro wrote:
Went by the yunkyard today, still no change.
Retired 1SG

Belton, TX

#23 Aug 11, 2011
If the owner is, indeed, living out of state then I would think he/she has a property manager. But maybe not, especially if this occupant may be a family member.
Pedro

Burnet, TX

#24 Aug 11, 2011
Retired 1SG wrote:
If the owner is, indeed, living out of state then I would think he/she has a property manager. But maybe not, especially if this occupant may be a family member.
The son is living there.
BOB

Montgomery, AL

#25 Aug 13, 2011
Hey thats my back yard
Pedro

Burnet, TX

#26 Aug 13, 2011
I find one of Cove's problems is people just don't give a crap what their neighborhood looks like or what they do in it. I went by today and saw no change.
Retired 1SG

Belton, TX

#27 Aug 13, 2011
This has been going on too long with this property. I would think, at the very least, you would be due an explanation by code enforcement.
If they heehaw around about it, go to the next city council meeting and address the council during the public forum.
Pedro

Burnet, TX

#28 Aug 18, 2011
I wonder if this will ever be corrected?
HeHu

Burnet, TX

#29 Aug 28, 2011
I noticed a dumpster in the driveway, I don't know if that is added trash or if that is there to put the trash in.
Pedro

Burnet, TX

#30 Aug 29, 2011
I went by the address this afternoon, the grass in the back yard is cut and trash there is picked up.The old couches are loaded on a trailor I hope ready to go.
I can use a fake name too

Belton, TX

#31 Sep 1, 2011
Maybe its because you cant!
Seriously

Killeen, TX

#32 Sep 7, 2011
Apparently the owner does not care-if you care so much get a group together and go clean it up. I'm sure they will let you adn you can fix it up however you want. Mayby someone elderly lives there and can't get around or it could be just a lazy bum. If you want to make a change start with yourself-if you see something you don't like change it! Its your city, neighborhood, country town-if you want it to be better-make it better. Obviously nothing is changing with you taking pictures, except the people complaining along with you.
Pedro

Burnet, TX

#34 Sep 9, 2011
Seriously wrote:
Apparently the owner does not care-if you care so much get a group together and go clean it up. I'm sure they will let you adn you can fix it up however you want. Mayby someone elderly lives there and can't get around or it could be just a lazy bum. If you want to make a change start with yourself-if you see something you don't like change it! Its your city, neighborhood, country town-if you want it to be better-make it better. Obviously nothing is changing with you taking pictures, except the people complaining along with you.
No elderly person lives their, it did not floud and the owner left the state many years ago. Yes a lazy bum lives their not over welmed.Why should I change / I am abiding by all the codes and rules and expect others to do the same.
BOHICA

Harker Heights, TX

#35 Aug 20, 2012
Seems like the City does not care about the area becomeing a slum area. The yar almst looks the same as when this picture must have been taken.
charlie youngs

Belton, TX

#36 Aug 20, 2012
Pedro

Why in the heck don't you go talk to the owner of the place instead of this constant whinny crying on this web site?

Man, what a wimp you must be.

Charlie Youngs
Pedro

Harker Heights, TX

#37 Aug 24, 2012
There are things the city should take care of. Why should I put my well being out there. I don't want my place burned down or something worse.
Phantom

Killeen, TX

#38 Aug 24, 2012
Torch the dump and be done with it.
Pedro

Harker Heights, TX

#39 Aug 24, 2012
If the police.fire department and the police couldn't get it done why do you think I could get them to do anything?
HEY

Oklahoma City, OK

#40 Aug 27, 2012
WHY DONT WE RUN THEM OUT OF TOWN FOR NOT BEING LIKE US !!!! MAN I HATE SLOPPY PEOPLE. I DONT LIKE PEOPLE WITH RED HAIR EITHER. C'MON LETS GO GET EM !!!!
r

Lubbock, TX

#41 Nov 4, 2012
HEY wrote:
WHY DONT WE RUN THEM OUT OF TOWN FOR NOT BEING LIKE US !!!! MAN I HATE SLOPPY PEOPLE. I DONT LIKE PEOPLE WITH RED HAIR EITHER. C'MON LETS GO GET EM !!!!
I really hope this is a joke...
SingleLady59

Killeen, TX

#42 Jan 5, 2013
Disgusting!!! That's as nasty as that alumium place right there on 190 in Cove. Talk about an eye sore. What's funny is I have a beautiful home, the city charged me for leaving some native grass which was very attractive to our landscaped yard. Yet they let these slobs on 116 get away with all this trash. I feel bad for their neighbors. It's bringing down the value of their properties, not to mention the rats and roaches that have got to be all over that place. ick!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Copperas Cove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jonathan rhen kitten (Oct '16) 8 hr Opinion 3
News Company will implant microchips in its employees 11 hr tamara 1
Review: Armadillo Properties (Jan '09) Jul 22 Kyrak 77
1 st Armored Division (May '09) Jul 20 SmokinJoe 46
16th Engineer Battalion "Catamounts" (May '09) Jul 18 SmokinJoe 6
What is your All Time Cove team? Just for fun! (Oct '08) Jul 13 Added 85
Unfaithful Spouses (Sep '15) Jul 12 Anon 6

Copperas Cove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance