Waco teen dies after Halloween shooting

There are 20 comments on the Waco Tribune-Herald story from Nov 2, 2007, titled Waco teen dies after Halloween shooting. In it, Waco Tribune-Herald reports that:

“Right when it happened (the shooter) said 'Jonathon, man, get up, get up,' ”

A Waco teenager shot in the head Halloween night has died. Jonathon David Smith, 18, was reportedly sitting with friends on a porch in the 3500 block of Parrott Avenue Wednesday night when he was shot. via Waco Tribune-Herald

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Waco Tribune-Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shaporche Williams

Hillsboro, TX

#1 Nov 6, 2007
ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHAT REALLY HAPPENED BECAUSE ALL THESE STORIES ABOUT HOW HE DIED I MISS HIM AND WISH I COULD TURN BACK THE HANDS OF TIME..
NOT SURPRISED

Temple, TX

#2 Nov 6, 2007
Ryan Has been in ALOT of trouble. He tried to rob a student on the school campus. I remember that he was also arrested for I think stealing out of cars around the mall. I have a hard time believing it was an accident. I hope this is throughly investigated for the family of Jonathan.
shut up

Hillsboro, TX

#3 Nov 7, 2007
first off all it was an accidebt Ryan didnt mean to shoot j smith at all it was accident and if j smith wrer here he would tell you...
NOT SURPRISED

Temple, TX

#4 Nov 7, 2007
shut up wrote:
first off all it was an accidebt Ryan didnt mean to shoot j smith at all it was accident and if j smith wrer here he would tell you...
First of all why carry a GUN? If he is as innocent as you want to make him out to be, HE would have never had it!!!! I know first hand what type of student/person he is! I hope his juvenile records come out to portray what type of person he is.
Tragedy

Temple, TX

#5 Nov 7, 2007
I hope the parents of Mr. Smith get justice for their sons' death. I do not think that Ryan had a permit for that gun. Why the need to carry a gun and then witnesses say he also displayed it?
It was no accident he chose to carry a gun. I did read that he was involved in prior offenses look up Ryan Thompson, all and all years July 14th thru 16th of 2007 or Waco Tribune Herald archives. Shows evading arrest or detention. I would like to know what school campus that was that he supposedly tried to rob a student and how it was done.
I know them all

Temple, TX

#6 Nov 7, 2007
I went to school with all three students. Ryan, Johnathan and the guy that I heard Ryan tried to rob after school on campus. I saw his parents at the school with the police. I don't know what ever happened about that. I know the one Ryan tried to rob was a shy quiet guy. I want to send out love to Jonathans' family.
deedee

Hillsboro, TX

#7 Jan 23, 2008
well dis deedee and johnathan WAS MY CUDDIE but it was just time 4 him to go and ryan didn't mean it cuz he my favorite cusin but i just hope it's all at peace now and dis is what really happened they were playen and the gun went off he died like 1 hour later but just i love u always cuddie and will truely miss u
Desi

Baytown, TX

#8 Jan 23, 2008
deedee wrote:
well dis deedee and johnathan WAS MY CUDDIE but it was just time 4 him to go and ryan didn't mean it cuz he my favorite cusin but i just hope it's all at peace now and dis is what really happened they were playen and the gun went off he died like 1 hour later but just i love u always cuddie and will truely miss u
Wow ! This younger generation is in alot of trouble !
disgusted

Waco, TX

#9 Jan 24, 2008
deedee wrote:
WTF is a cuddie you ignorant a$$!! Ryan didn't mean it because he's your favorite cousin??? Maybe you should pay attention in school a little more and maybe you can actually make sense when you write something. Kids carrying guns! Are you kidding me? There are going to be alot more of you that end up shot before this is all over, I guarantee it! Breaking into peoples cars, houses, pointing guns at people to scare them. One of these times someone is going to pull their own gun out and blast you to hell...you and your "cuddies"...then the devil can torment you by teaching you english. You worthless, stupid, ignornat piece of crap.
TRUTH

Temple, TX

#10 Jan 27, 2008
Not only has Ryan took the life of his friend Johnathan but also has the blood of Johnathans' little borhter on his hands too. Ryan shoots Johnathan, poor Jonathans' mother becomes depressed and gives birth to two sons and then she tries to drown them both but one survives. It was a domino effect over a senseless shooting.
South Side Runz This

Hillsboro, TX

#11 Apr 4, 2008
disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is a cuddie you ignorant a$$!! Ryan didn't mean it because he's your favorite cousin??? Maybe you should pay attention in school a little more and maybe you can actually make sense when you write something. Kids carrying guns! Are you kidding me? There are going to be alot more of you that end up shot before this is all over, I guarantee it! Breaking into peoples cars, houses, pointing guns at people to scare them. One of these times someone is going to pull their own gun out and blast you to hell...you and your "cuddies"...then the devil can torment you by teaching you english. You worthless, stupid, ignornat piece of crap.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU . I SWEAR ALL THESE PEOPLE BE ACTING LIKE DEY SUM SHIT DAMM HAVE RESPECT FOR DA DEAD AND LET DEM REST IN PEACE I SWEAR. I GUESS YOU THINK U BAD U LIL LOW LIFE PIECE OF CRAP.. R.I.P J Smith
disgusted

Waco, TX

#12 Apr 4, 2008
South Side Runz This wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU . I SWEAR ALL THESE PEOPLE BE ACTING LIKE DEY SUM SHIT DAMM HAVE RESPECT FOR DA DEAD AND LET DEM REST IN PEACE I SWEAR. I GUESS YOU THINK U BAD U LIL LOW LIFE PIECE OF CRAP.. R.I.P J Smith
*laffin* moron! "be acting" - "dey sum shit" - "Da dead" - "dem rest..". You guys need help. He will only rest in peace if he was peaceful. All his "cuddies" re:ignornat a$$ friends, will suffer the same torment after death. During life...you'll just remain useless and ignorant.
TRUTH

Temple, TX

#13 Apr 4, 2008
<quoted text>
Birds of a feather flock together.
tennyson boy like j smith

Mansfield, TX

#14 Apr 17, 2008
yall sum dumb ass for fighting over a comment bulletin ... R.I.P J. SMITH TRUE ASS FRIEND AND I MISS U BRO LIKE A BROTHER!!!! HOLD IT DOWN IN HEAVEN
Kommunikst Kove

United States

#15 Apr 18, 2008
<quoted text>
You are about the most ignorant piece of human excrement I have seen on these boards. Naturally your address is Waco - shithole of Central Texas.
I have an idea, you fat skank ho - go kill yourselves off and do the world a favor.
Chongs Bong

United States

#16 Apr 19, 2008
<quoted text>
I got something for you, punk. Let me know where to deliver it - right between your eyes.
giochi billings

United States

#17 Apr 23, 2008
we all need God ..who r we 2 judge this ! in time like these.....u will all see .....what that doo!
TRUTH

United States

#18 Apr 23, 2008
It was just a senseless death. The shooter should have been in jail for other offences he did. Take it from me, aggrevated or attempted robbery, burglary of vehicles ect. He's made bad choices all along the way.
LIL J DA KING

Troy, TX

#20 May 30, 2008
first of all yall dont even know ryan so how yall gon speak upon that incedent
TRUTH

Temple, TX

#21 Jun 7, 2008
First of all, yes I do know Ryan and yes he should have been in jail a long time ago. If only juveniles would be prosecuted instead of getting a slap on the wrist he would have been doing time istead of being free.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Copperas Cove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our city manager 1 hr RestlessInTexas 11
More 1 hr Bluebell 1
Tornado sirens, funds for shelters Sat When7 3
Toddler Drowns in Backyard Pool (May '09) Fri Breanna 19
Thumbs up for Copperas Cove Police Department! Apr 27 Windward 1
Cove To Sell Golf Course? Apr 26 Rexall 9
Liquor petition Apr 25 Eyes wide shut 1
More from around the web

Copperas Cove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE