Cove looking for a new fire chief aga...

Cove looking for a new fire chief again...

Posted in the Copperas Cove Forum

wow

Belton, TX

#1 Oct 12, 2012
Yep, Heard it this mouning at te coffee shop, The fire chief is leaving. I guess we will be looking fo another one This one lasted what-6 months? WOW
in the know 7

Killeen, TX

#2 Oct 14, 2012
Yes, I heard the same thing. I guess the city can't keep a Chief. What not promote from within?
iluvit73

Waco, TX

#3 Oct 14, 2012
Then the parks and recs Mr. Wilson is leaving Cove because New Braunsfel parks and recs is dedicated to providing quality programming for citizens and tourists. I guess Cove is not going fast enough to develop those progams here. I understand. Cove has been talkig about a sports complex for years, but the voters turned it down. I voted against it cause I didn't want it at Ogletree Gap Park.
packisback

Killeen, TX

#4 Oct 21, 2012
iluvit73 wrote:
Then the parks and recs Mr. Wilson is leaving Cove because New Braunsfel parks and recs is dedicated to providing quality programming for citizens and tourists. I guess Cove is not going fast enough to develop those progams here. I understand. Cove has been talkig about a sports complex for years, but the voters turned it down. I voted against it cause I didn't want it at Ogletree Gap Park.
It was not voted down it passed. We will see it in about 20 years (lol) just like the bypasses we waited 20 years for them. It my happen after the mall is completed at the east end of town.
straighttalk

Austin, TX

#5 Nov 4, 2012
in the know 7 wrote:
Yes, I heard the same thing. I guess the city can't keep a Chief. What not promote from within?

I don't think they have anyone for the job.
in the know 7

Killeen, TX

#6 Nov 4, 2012
straighttalk wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think they have anyone for the job.
Oh Yea they do, Gary Young, current assistant chief. I worked with him. Good guy- would make a great chief.
dawgfan

United States

#7 Nov 4, 2012
in the know 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Yea they do, Gary Young, current assistant chief. I worked with him. Good guy- would make a great chief.

I'm sure he is a great guy.... But I believe him not being appointed already or not even being named interim chief speaks volumes.
shoulda woulda

Austin, TX

#8 Nov 7, 2012
Michele Young! You're so silly. That doesn't so surprise me at all that you would say that!
sherrif

Waco, TX

#9 Nov 7, 2012
I too know Mr. Young and am confused as to the reason he has not been able to obtain the position of chief in Copperas Cove FD. I believe he is a way better choice than the last two chiefs the city has hired.
maybe

Gatesville, TX

#10 Nov 7, 2012
sherrif wrote:
I too know Mr. Young and am confused as to the reason he has not been able to obtain the position of chief in Copperas Cove FD. I believe he is a way better choice than the last two chiefs the city has hired.
he never applied before
maybe he doesn't want it
sherrif

Waco, TX

#11 Nov 7, 2012
Well maybe I was given bad information but to my understanding, he has, in the past, applied.
dawgpound

Boerne, TX

#12 Nov 8, 2012
Good news that the bond issue passed!
Just askin

United States

#13 Feb 9, 2013
What is so wrong that the city can't keep a fire chief?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Copperas Cove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need. female for erotic detailing Mon nudedetailing 1
Review: Armadillo Properties (Jan '09) Mon Firehunter 74
Review: Cove Family Dental - Brandon L Grantham... (Sep '09) Jan 9 Warcorps 27
1 st Armored Division (May '09) Jan 2 Evan 44
Review: Assembly Of Prayer Christian Church (Sep '12) Jan 2 just wanted to know 271
9 and N FM 116 Intersection Dec '16 Scorpion 2
raymond dale litchfield (Feb '11) Dec '16 Scorpion 62

Copperas Cove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Copperas Cove Mortgages