Drivers don't need 22 miles' worth of warning

Full story: The Morning Call

Ill-placed highway advisories, a reader says, cause backups and may be a safety hazard.
Comments
21 - 25 of 25 Comments Last updated Jun 12, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Unhappy in Lehigh

Newtown Square, PA

#22 May 29, 2009
German American wrote:
I have a bigger dispute with the practice of forcing traffic down to one lane miles upon miles before the actual tiny area of construction. 9 times out of ten nobody's working when you finally arrive at the construction area.
Typically, those miles of notice also come with a "use both lane to merge point" notice, which most people ignore. Worse is when some "civilian enforcer" keeps pace with a vehicle in the merge-to lane to prevent others from running up to the merge point. If everyone would follow instructions and "common sense", these merge points would flow quite well (and by common sense, I mean alternate one vehicle from each lane...).

A few weeks ago, I ran into this in the morning when they were setting up for tree-trimming on 22-W. Every idiot was hopping into the left lane ASAP, even driving piddly slow even though you could see that the PennDOT truck was just ahead on the shoulder just setting up the signs... Soon as I was past that last idiot, it was clear sailing in the right-lane for a good mile...
Skippy

Emmaus, PA

#23 May 29, 2009
I would like to see "KEEP RIGHT PASS LEFT" flashing on these signs. Then I will say it was money well spent.
Sick of Complaints

Easton, PA

#24 May 29, 2009
Did anyone think that it is advantageous to have the information in advance to arrange for an alternate route?
Has everyone in this state become computer and cell phone drones?
John Birch

United States

#25 May 29, 2009
preacha wrote:
Half of the drivers had to slow down, waiting for the spanish version to appear.
HA! Now that's funny! How true.
(HA! Ahora que es chistoso! Y es cierto.)
BS in Business

Bethlehem, PA

#26 Jun 12, 2009
PennDOT tried not to call the new 222 a "bypass". It was designed as a boulevard to triple the capacity of Hamilton Blvd. People that couldn't understand highway design decided it was simpler to call it a bypass instead of what it is - a new road. Don't blame PennDOT for your lack of education.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coplay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 min Frijoles 68,998
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Yeah 1,100,625
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Pearl Jam 305,467
Woman arrested for snorting coke with child in car 4 hr silly rabbit 2
The destruction of Allentown and how it is brin... 4 hr silly rabbit 27
morning call online looks worse 6 hr silly rabbit 3
silly rabbit speaks irrational nonsense and gib... 6 hr silly rabbit 18
•••

Coplay News Video

•••
Coplay Dating

more search filters

less search filters