Threats at Whitehall high school prompt evacuation

Whitehall-Coplay School District plans a news conference this afternoon to discuss a threat directed at the high school that prompted an evaucation today. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND”

Since: Apr 07

Whitehall

#88 Jun 2, 2007
Whitehall parent wrote:
<quoted text>
HMMMM...Now how can a Whitehall student live in Allentown...do you really belong in the Whitehall School District or just the many who use Whitehall friends and relative addresses and really belong in Allentown School District---maybe that is part of the problem!!
your just picking up on that?

“Life is Good”

Since: Mar 07

North Whitehall

#89 Jun 2, 2007
Chad wrote:
This is Ridic. For those blaming "imported" Allentown kids, should read the facts. The kid who had been arrested, and who is reponsible for todays actions, is a life long, 3rd generation Whitehall resident. Thats right folks, a pure-bred Pennsylvanian Dutch. And like most of these multi generation born Pennsylvanians, He's goes to Vo-tech, b/c they dont have a mental capacity to do real work and go to college. instead theyd rather become plumbers and construction workers like daddy and grandpa. Nothing wrong with that, but i find it disturbing how ethnocentric you all sound. If you would all check out the stats, Children of foriegn born parents, do remarkably better then their peers. Just look at your local hospitals! Maby its just me, but doesnt it seem all the doctors are always indian or arabic?? strange huh?
This makes me laugh. While I hope my kids go to college, there is nothing wrong with vo-tech. Actually the way jobs are outsourced now, college degrees don't mean job security anymore. But they can't outsource plumbers and construction workers, etc.

Also, I've seen more doctors in the last year than I hope to ever see again due to a high-risk pregnancy and I can honestly say none of the drs were Indian or Arabic. I didn't even see any in the hospital, they must tend to specialize in other fields, because none of the medical staff I saw on the maternity floor or in the OR where I had my c-section were of Arabic descent.

As far as students from foreign-born parents, while I think many do make a greater effort than others, you can't make a blanket statement. Last year my son's newest best friend was of arabic descent, my son was upset this year when he wasn't with this kid for anything, why because he's in remedial classes and my son is in honors.

I'd honestly be proud of my son if he wanted to follow in his father's footsteps (college grad) or his grandfather's (started working right out of school). If he's can support himself and is happy, I don't care what degree does or doesn't hang on his wall. It really doesn't mean you are any better than the next person, if you haven't figured that out by adulthood, that's SAD.

“lol”

allentown

#92 Jun 2, 2007
atown wrote:
<quoted text>
well since they have not released who did the AHS vandalism, we don't know it's an Allen student, now do we? For all we know it could have been you trying to make Allen look bad and so you could bash them on these boards.
hmmmmm..very interesting theory. lol
I think you are on to something.
lol

“Undulation Mania!”

Since: Dec 06

Allentown, PA

#93 Jun 4, 2007
WSD Parent wrote:
<quoted text>Lets' see dehydration for one most of these kids hadn't eaten lunch yet and they were in the hot sun with no where to cool off. My daughter is now sunburned on her neck and arms. Why weren't they sent home immediately or sent to the other 3 schools.
LMAO... dehydration??... after 2 hours?... give me a break! Your daughters sunburned? Awwww, I guess she doesn't get out much... try a little aloe or Noxema, that should help. I do have a question though... does you still tie her shoes and cut her meat for her?

“WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND”

Whitehall

#94 Jun 4, 2007
Anna from LV wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO... dehydration??... after 2 hours?... give me a break! Your daughters sunburned? Awwww, I guess she doesn't get out much... try a little aloe or Noxema, that should help. I do have a question though... does you still tie her shoes and cut her meat for her?
OUCH!!
OMG AFTER ALL THE BASHING I'VE BEEN TAKING FROM THESE NIT WITS, I SURE NEEDED THAT.....LMFAO LOLOLOLOL!!!

Fairport, NY

#95 Jun 4, 2007
Anna from LV wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I never expected that from you Anna. That had to sting more than her daughter's sunburn.

“Undulation Mania!”

Since: Dec 06

Allentown, PA

#96 Jun 4, 2007
zephyr mom wrote:
<quoted text>
OUCH!!
OMG AFTER ALL THE BASHING I'VE BEEN TAKING FROM THESE NIT WITS, I SURE NEEDED THAT.....LMFAO LOLOLOLOL!!!
LMAO!... I can't believe some parents today. Most kids would rather be outside for a couple hours than inside the school. We used to play outside for hours at a time in the summer... what I woulnd't give to play a game of freeze-tag outside!:)
whitehall student

Bethlehem, PA

#97 Sep 23, 2010
Whitehall is becoming just another allentown school if you think about it.
they had a bomb threat 3 years ago on 229 and once aagain three years later not even what?-3 weeks into the new school year?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coplay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min flack 1,154,072
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr The world is waiting 306,982
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL 71,012
Allentown Skyline Grows With 15-Story Office Co... 20 hr A-town Observer 1
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Thu Careless Crecca 69
Traffic circle studied for Allentown's Hamilton... Thu silly rabbit 1
Sex offender allegedly stalks Allentown boy for... Thu silly rabbit 1

Coplay News Video

Coplay Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Coplay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Coplay News, Events & Info