Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383244 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084697 Feb 22, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i'm not your sparring partner at all...
you seem to be delusional...
And yet, here you are?
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084698 Feb 22, 2014
Ummm.. I'm not absolutely sure you've noticed, but you nose is horribly broken and you've lost a few teeth? Why do you suppose that is?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1084699 Feb 22, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is rather safe to say you are insane... why not raise taxes on those that don't pay any?
I a question out of no where......if we charged everyone in America who doesn't earn enough money to pay income tax $10 just for the privilege of contributing to the income tax system, would you be happy?
BM R Parasites

Brooklyn, NY

#1084700 Feb 22, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Can you relate on some level, or are you trying to profit by my example?
Nobody profits under liberal policies unless they're lay-abouts, leeches or part of some ill-conceived "protected class" designed to generate votes, fool.
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084701 Feb 22, 2014
Hmmmmm... I'm being suspiciously ignored by my Indian friends at Topix's thought police bureau? I think it's safe to say that a major earthquake hit Mumbai and Delhi earlier today...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1084702 Feb 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the middle class are already seeing higher premiums and higher deductibles because ObamaKKKare requires their policies to cover services that they do not want or need....not to mention paying the taxpayer subsidies for the welfare moochers....
Everybody should have medical coverage and there are going to be winners and losers in Obamacare. You're one of the losers. Seems fitting to me.
anonymous ferrerman

Schaumburg, IL

#1084704 Feb 22, 2014
Andy Borowitz raises a good point here. Does government have the right to regulate bigotry and hatred?

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084705 Feb 22, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you've never actually touched a real woman, have you?
i can see why...
Ummmm... I suppose you could ask for a show of hands? But would you even believe THEM, given your obvious biases? I know! Ask for a show of breasts! You're new here, aren't you?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1084706 Feb 22, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just playin' the waxman game.
you are not above posting lies about me, so get off the horse you are humping, pal...
well you did enter the discussions acting like a ancient Greek Senator only to resort to the drunken antics of Shakespeare's Globe theater peasants throwing rotting cabbage...

I mean you never post anything supporting what you believe...
its all heresy and anecdote....then you have a cow when someone calls you on it...

you are more than entitled to your opinion....but to hammer people for theirs...that's chicken shit..

when you are arguing WITHOUT using supporting data it IS opinion.....

UNLESS you have a credential next to your name....(i.e...EXPERT)...

what do I know....I'm only a classically trained social scientist...
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084707 Feb 22, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you manage to go through life with your eyes shut?
Simple, he only moves backwards.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1084709 Feb 22, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I a question out of no where......if we charged everyone in America who doesn't earn enough money to pay income tax $10 just for the privilege of contributing to the income tax system, would you be happy?
wouldn't they be happier knowing they actually contributed?

taxing business more is not the answer..
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084710 Feb 22, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
well you did enter the discussions acting like a ancient Greek Senator only to resort to the drunken antics of Shakespeare's Globe theater peasants throwing rotting cabbage...
I mean you never post anything supporting what you believe...
its all heresy and anecdote....then you have a cow when someone calls you on it...
you are more than entitled to your opinion....but to hammer people for theirs...that's chicken shit..
when you are arguing WITHOUT using supporting data it IS opinion.....
UNLESS you have a credential next to your name....(i.e...EXPERT)...
what do I know....I'm only a classically trained social scientist...
Aha.. ha.. ha.. ha.. ha... perhaps we should start calling you Wolfgang or Ludwig then?
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084711 Feb 22, 2014
If you are "classically trianed" olde fellow, it simply means - as if we didn't know - that your thinking is hopelessly out of date.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1084712 Feb 22, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely welcome, beautiful lady. Mi sassa es su sassa. I'm afraid I can't let you go,..(nor would I..).. without asking what you're wearing?
I'm on my way out the door today in boots, stretch pants and a loose sweater. My granddaughter and I are spending the day "window shopping". Doesn't get much better.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1084713 Feb 22, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one further thing, if I'M insane, what does that make you, my sparring partner? Desperate?
Similar.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1084714 Feb 22, 2014
The enemy of my enemy is my friend: Why conservatives are always defending the indefensible

Like the girl who always falls for the guy who’s bad for her, conservatives keep trusting the wrong people and making the same mistakes. One such mistake goes like this: The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

A few recent examples…

Conservatives have long embraced Ted Nugent. Like Trump, Nugent is beloved partly because conservatives are so desperate for celebrities that they are (ironically) enamored of them (remember the time the Ultimate Warrior came to CPAC?!?). Nugent, of course, has always been a loose cannon, but his recent comments about Obama being a “subhuman mongrel” have finally earned him the rebuke of some prominent conservatives like Sen. Rand Paul and Texas Gov. Rick Perry.

Nugent, of course, didn’t become controversial or uncouth over night, but conservatives have — until recently — embraced him (he was recently campaigning with the Texas Republican candidate vying to replace Perry as governor). Even now, some are obliquely defending him because he has all the right enemies. They do this because liberal celebrities are held to lesser standards. They do this because the coverage of his comments has felt disproportionate. They do this because conservatives love lost causes.

It’s not just celebrities. Political candidates who pick the right enemies are too often supported, regardless of their failings. Most recently, we have seen this in the effort to oust Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell. McConnell, of course, is no conservative hero, but conservatives were too quick to latch onto a flawed replacement.
Matt Bevin’s campaign has been plagued with mistakes and odd revelations (did he really go to MIT?), the most recent of which is that he signed a letter in support of TARP. Bevin’s in a different category from Trump and Nugent, but conservatives are supporting him for many of the same reasons, including the fact that he has the right enemy. For a lot of conservatives, it’s better the devil you don’t know than the devil you do.

It’s time to break the cycle. Having the right enemies is hardly a qualification for robust support. That’s because you and I will (fairly or not) be associated with the people we support. When we endorse the wrong person, their actions reflect on us.

So here’s my modest proposal: When conservatives vet someone (assuming they do), they should consider some additional criteria, including:“Is this person really a conservative?”—“Is this person just using us?,” and (just as importantly)—“Do they have the character and integrity worthy of our support?”

So why do we keep falling for these bad guys? We’re flattered by the attention. We want them to think we’re cool. And maybe, just maybe, we think we can fix them…

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/21/the-enemy-o...
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084715 Feb 22, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody should have medical coverage and there are going to be winners and losers in Obamacare. You're one of the losers. Seems fitting to me.
Hear, hear!
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084716 Feb 22, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Similar.
I would have to agree and that is not something you and I do often...
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084717 Feb 22, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on my way out the door today in boots, stretch pants and a loose sweater. My granddaughter and I are spending the day "window shopping". Doesn't get much better.
I can only think of one way to improve upon your scheme. Buy something. Why? What did you think I was going to say?
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084718 Feb 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Like the girl who always falls for the guy who’s bad for he....
How many times have I told them....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coplay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 46 min ThomasA 311,187
News Pa. charter school law is nation's worst, state... 4 hr silly rabbit 1
News Homicides down across Lehigh Valley in 2016 8 hr Richard Kranium 7
News Hogar Crea, regional drug rehab group, ripping ... (Apr '08) 14 hr A3B77C8 170
News A different type of winery coming to Allentown Tue silly rabbit 9
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) May 23 silly rabbit 74
News Lawmakers, health officials in Allentown to dis... May 21 silly rabbit 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coplay Mortgages