Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1658181 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#981585 Sep 12, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Don't worry technology will take care of this minimum wage bs.
Technology replacing certain jobs has been gong on for a century. You act as though it is something new.

The "Jetsons" is not reality TV - its a cartoon from 50 years ago.
Annie

Jamaica, NY

#981586 Sep 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what program keeps people from working?
How about raising the minimum wage so a family of 4 with two fT minimum wage earners would no longer qualify for food stamps
See this is the problem with you right whiners. OMG we can't have a higher minimum wage because US companies have to pay minimum wage to survive.
Its like you subsidize these companies for not paying a livable wage. They pay crap wages & we fill in with food stamps & other assistance programs.
Karl Marx would agree with everything you posted. So, would those whose poor decision making skills keeps them in jobs meant as entry level or 2nd income and not meant to support families. The founding fathers and people who have actually created businesses would not agree.

"One of the main detriments brought about by Karl Marx's beliefs is that it is human nature to do as little work as possible and receive as much as you can for the minute effort that you contributed (the multi-generations encouraged to live in single parent households and in poverty thanks to the policies of Democrats).

Therefore, man, upon realizing that he will receive enough to sustain him even if he does no work, will begin to attempt to cheat the system and slack off receiving the benefits of other deserving hardworking people (with help from the Democrats who weaken anti-fraud measures in the name of political correctness and the Democrats belief in equal outcome regardless of effort).

Once many realize this the production of goods will greatly decrease due to the lack of labor being accomplished. Due to the lack of products there will not be enough products to sustain the society sufficiently (higher under and unemployment rates thanks to ObamaCare).

This utter chaos and rebellion would lead to the destruction of the society and the downfall of that civilization. The people would be starving and no longer able to function to allow the people of that country to lead healthy lives."

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#981587 Sep 12, 2013
Oh by the way! I did a little experiment at Wally World a little bit ago. I was buying multiple pieces of the same item. I scan a few then when I got to the last two I scanned one twice and tossed both in the bag. It immediately told me I had an item in my bag that wasn't scanned. How did it know the difference since they both weighed the same? The bar code maybe?
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#981588 Sep 12, 2013
Communist Manifesto wrote:
<quoted text>Israel, Israel, Israel...
Obama, Obama, Obama...

It's the culture...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#981589 Sep 12, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>A runaway mouth sonicmoran with leaps of faith and belief, copy and paste from him who belongs to the "Church of Unconscious Parrot Flunkie"...
It's the Culture...
repeat please

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#981590 Sep 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama and Putin share a common hatred of American exceptionalism.
Obama hates it. Putin is just jealous and wishes it applied to the Russian people, too. Putin knows all too well what this American exceptionalism is capable of. He also knows we have lost that exceptionalism in the past 4 years. He's just taking advantage of that, like any world leader would do in his position.

I do believe that if Putin actually hated us, we were on the verge of revolt, and he would have just sat back and watched us tear ourselves apart after Obama started an unconstitutional war with Syria. That would have completely removed us from the world's stage. He actually saved us.
That doesn't mean he wants to see us as the dominant power in the world again, like it used to be. He is first a Russian, and wants Russia to be the most dominant influence in the world. I believe the only thing he really wants to destroy is the same thing you and I want to destroy, which is Obama's allies - radical Islamist terrorism.
Communist Manifesto

Meridian, MS

#981591 Sep 12, 2013
Baby with Anencephaly born in Fallujah General Hospital
Watch:
Annie

Jamaica, NY

#981592 Sep 12, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
The fear keeping poor families alive.
Typical social darwinists without being elite except on a thread
LOL
I thought Democrats are the ones who believe in mass abortion for convenience.
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#981593 Sep 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what program keeps people from working?
How about raising the minimum wage so a family of 4 with two fT minimum wage earners would no longer qualify for food stamps
See this is the problem with you right whiners. OMG we can't have a higher minimum wage because US companies have to pay minimum wage to survive.
Its like you subsidize these companies for not paying a livable wage. They pay crap wages & we fill in with food stamps & other assistance programs.
----

The BIG Picture - Satan's "game" with the people at the top, bottom and in-between - the triangle/pyramid:

http://wordth3.blogspot.com/search...

More on Satan's Triangle/Pyramid

http://www.shiftfrequency.com/empire-of-the-c...
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#981594 Sep 12, 2013
And the NSA is the "all seeing eye"...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#981595 Sep 12, 2013
Been real preoccupied the past few days. Taking the plunge and buying a house now before interest rates go up higher.

Which will probably be taking up a lot of my time in the upcoming weeks. But there's a lull now - of which there will probably be a lot of those too.
sonicfilter

United States

#981596 Sep 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Your failure to understand what happened in Europe is not washed away by calling people slugs.
The Euro was at risk of collapsing.
Why is that important?
Euro is the currency used by 17 countries
Solution:
Same as most businesses use. Trim budgets and set loan rules.
Austerity/trimming bloated budgets is painful for spend happy countries. But, the alternative would be more disastrous.
If austerity fails so does the Euro.
austerity is failing. we're talking about Greece aren't we? so where is the success story? 5 years down the road? while the rich get more and the poor get less?
sonicfilter

United States

#981597 Sep 12, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Both Australia and Norway voted out their liberal/progressive leaders for conservatives in the last few days. Voters getting sick of libtard leadership everywhere. Their policies are tax and spend, tax more, spend more, tax even higher, spend even more...
and still no austerity success story.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#981598 Sep 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Michelle is pushing bottled water which is bad for the environment when filtered tap water is a cheaper and enviro friendly solution.
Look for the political donations.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#981599 Sep 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Eed, pull your head of your fat ass & think. You pay for what goes into the system.
Eed's view of his electricity supplier:
Generation Plant supervisor: "OK load up Moocher Eed's electricity & route it to his residence"
The guy on the plant floor grabs the plug marked "Moocher Eed" and plugs it into the generator.
Avista has options to purchase a higher percentage of renewables. http://www.avistautilities.com/services/renew...
"real dumb"
Your above post is a prime example of why you are the laughing stock of this thread. You post words that make no sense. I commented on the ignorance you posted regarding Inland Power being my electricity provider. They are not. As usual you are/were/always wrong. Avista gets most of it's electricity from dams/water and wind farms which happen to be renewable sources. Just once think before you post.
Peace
KMA

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#981600 Sep 12, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, the people you reference should be overly thankful they live in a country with enough worthy people so other people who made themselves worthless can actually work for a minimum wage. Otherwise, without those people you hate, there wouldn't be anything for them to do, regardless of what minimum wage is paid.
They made their lives what it is. Now, they have to live the life they made for themselves. When other people see that, fewer people will make the same self-destructive mistakes and decisions the people you reference made.
Unemployed & those woking hard but not making enough to no longer qualify for food stamps are "worthless".

Wow.

Are they more worthless than a pretend oilfield engineer whose salary is subsidized by the federal government?

We have an economy, that according to you right whiners, can't exist without worthless people to work at minimum wage?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#981601 Sep 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Technology replacing certain jobs has been gong on for a century. You act as though it is something new.
The "Jetsons" is not reality TV - its a cartoon from 50 years ago.
Already debunked.
Annie

Jamaica, NY

#981602 Sep 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama and Putin share a common hatred of American exceptionalism.
Obama isn't even leading from behind, and we suspect he's curled up on the White House floor sucking his thumb.

Apparently, once again with respect to Syria, the White House was caught off guard by events they are frantically reacting to instead of shaping. Speaking to CNN's Jake Tapper, a White House official publicly responded to Russian President Vladmir Putin's New York Times op-ed with the admission that Putin "now owns" and has "fully asserted ownership" of America's current foreign policy focal point; pushing Syria to surrender its chemical weapons:

“That’s all irrelevant,” the White House official said in response [to Putin's op-ed].“He put this proposal forward and he’s now invested in it. That’s good. That’s the best possible reaction. He’s fully invested in Syria’s CW disarmament and that’s potentially better than a military strike – which would deter and degrade but wouldn’t get rid of all the chemical weapons. He now owns this. He has fully asserted ownership of it and he needs to deliver.”

On its face, the lack of statesmanship in the language of "owns this" is troubling enough. And while it is apparent that what the White House is trying do here is frame a failure to rid Syria of its chemical weapons as a personal failure for Putin,

ONCE AGAIN WE HAVE A WHITE HOUSE PLAYING CHECKERS--no make that Candy Land-- AS PUTIN PLAYS THREE-DIMENSIONAL CHESS.

Zero’s story changes by the moment.
This kind of crap only plays if you have the media 100% in the tank to fly cover for you. But now Zero is being exposed on the international stage and it is comical and tragic at the same time how these morons are trying to sell their parallel reality to a world that sees them for what they are.

Much as I enjoy seeing the Obama Regime exposed, it is not good for the American President to be seen as a fool by the world, enemies and friends alike.

Obama is so anxious to not be blamed for anything that could go wrong, that he is willing to allow the KGB drive the bus...

Obama, you-are-a P-U-S-S-Y!! And they say “when you’re in a hole, stop digging”. But Obama is such a narcissist P-U-S-S-Y, and his administration a bunch of elitists, they can’t resist opining on everything.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#981603 Sep 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Galt once again show his ignorance. I would suggest Galt dos some research on diet sodas & learn how they are worse that water.
"real dumb"
You just can not help yourself can you. One more time you try to change the subject. "John Galt: commented simply on the calorie count of water and diet soda. He made no comments on the fact they are worse than water. "real dumb" do you practice being stoopid or is it just a natural thing?
Peace
KMA
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#981604 Sep 12, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
austerity is failing. we're talking about Greece aren't we? so where is the success story? 5 years down the road? while the rich get more and the poor get less?
Austerity is the only choice when there is nothing left to tax.

See Detroit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coplay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm gonna take a Richard and wipe my Kranium 48 min Richard Kranium 12
Will there be interference in me & Kranium's ca... 1 hr schiz 17
News Allentown man fatally shot in lot across from C... 1 hr weapon X 11
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Inquiring Minds 322,212
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr Eric 72,044
I know Richard Kranium's secret 10 hr Richard Kranium 16
GNWTC offers vocational training 10 hr Richard Kranium 11

Coplay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coplay Mortgages