16-year-old shot in Allentown, police...

16-year-old shot in Allentown, police say

There are 7 comments on the NJ.com story from Sep 1, 2013, titled 16-year-old shot in Allentown, police say. In it, NJ.com reports that:

The male victim, 16, was discovered at 1208 N. Nelson St. with a single gunshot wound to the upper torso, according to Assistant Chief Joe Hanna.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NJ.com.

“Julian's”

Since: Apr 09

Allentown,Pa

#1 Sep 1, 2013
The city needs to hire more police officers and have the police more proactive. I think the city needs to do a better job with community policing as well. I personally think the city police need to be more aggressive when it comes to gangs and drugs. Start raiding the drug dealers homes and show them we mean business and will not tolerate having them in our city. Hiring more police officers will help being more aggressive towards the gangs and drug dealers. Maybe start a gang unit that targets gangs in the city. That's my two cents anyways.
A-town Observer

Allentown, PA

#2 Sep 2, 2013
Julian Kern wrote:
The city needs to hire more police officers and have the police more proactive. I think the city needs to do a better job with community policing as well. I personally think the city police need to be more aggressive when it comes to gangs and drugs. Start raiding the drug dealers homes and show them we mean business and will not tolerate having them in our city. Hiring more police officers will help being more aggressive towards the gangs and drug dealers. Maybe start a gang unit that targets gangs in the city. That's my two cents anyways.
I agree. But also keep in mind that crime is on a rapid downswing and the quality of life is improving especially downtown.
silly rabbit

Jenkintown, PA

#3 Sep 2, 2013
A-town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But also keep in mind that crime is on a rapid downswing and the quality of life is improving especially downtown.
I may need some more pyscotrpic drugs or maybe some carrots, but I am not seeing it¿ O observiant one please tell us how this is so¿

“Julian's”

Since: Apr 09

Allentown,Pa

#4 Sep 2, 2013
A-town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Quality of life is improving? How so?
wtf

Bronx, NY

#5 Sep 2, 2013
A-town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't measure crime by the number of murders. Just wait for some fresh bait in the shark tank atown.

John Hanger for Governor
wtf

Bronx, NY

#6 Sep 2, 2013
Crime is spreading to areas once thought safe from center city. Have fun East and West side, the tide is coming. You are no longer safe when the niz starts next year.

John Hanger for Governor

“Allentown the all AmericanCity”

Since: Sep 07

Allentown, PA

#7 Sep 4, 2013
With the mayor only taking care of political friends, crime is not less. Only the crime numbers that they want you to read. I live here and you know that crime everywhere in Allentown is increasing. I would leave but you can't get anyone with any brains to pay enough for your property to get a home in the suburbs. So you are forced to stay and live in fear for your families safety. Alarm system, LTC, stay home at night and make sure you have everything locked all the time. Drugs are rampant, prostration is on mosts corners in downtown and merchants are afraid of being robbed. It is not a pretty picture and it isn't getting better. The school system has more gangs and kids that graduate are unable to read or do a simple math problem or get a job. Most of the kids drop out or get passed through just to get rid of them. Code enforcement is a joke and the mayors political pals get exceptions for code violations. The illegals now outnumber the citizens. The problem is that if you work, abide by the law and are not wanting a hand out from every government program, you are the minority here in our fine city.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coplay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min RoxLo 1,618,632
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Freedomofexpression 318,277
Instagram video of school girls yelling 'f--k n... 15 hr Elena 1
News Arizona sex offender convicted in child ruse ca... (Apr '09) 22 hr Desert Toad 4
News The Latest: Man defends question about US senat... Mon weapon X 1
News Introducing our NEW podcast, Valley View. Episo... Oct 16 weapon X 3
News A ridiculously low salary for mayor of Allentown (Jul '07) Oct 15 weapon X 41

Coplay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coplay Mortgages