Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310473 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#321941 Feb 15, 2014
Yes, a court-ordered "murder". Still don't understand the definition of that word, I guess.

Unless her brother became a neurologist with a concentration in brain functionality, he's just another part of that insane family. BTW--wasn't he the moron who tried to get her to swallow pudding and nearly ended it right then and there? If you're going to do a swallow test--don't, unless you have training and a degree. You start out with ice chips, a tiny amount on the tongue. Since terri wasn't swallowing at all by then, why the hell would be try a viscous, sugary dairy food? Oh, I forgot--because he's fu**ing insane.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a little long to read but it shows Terri's brother's love for her and the families ordeal.
http://archive.theamericanview.com/index.php...

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#321942 Feb 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
People in a persistant vegetative state start out in a coma. Don't you know that?
It doesn't matter where they start, the final outcome is what matters.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#321943 Feb 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a little long to read but it shows Terri's brother's love for her and the families ordeal.
http://archive.theamericanview.com/index.php...
Love is also knowing when to say goodbye and let someone go in peace.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321944 Feb 15, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Love is feeding someone while they are alive not starve and dehydrate them for two weeks until you have effectively killed them.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321945 Feb 15, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read the timeline. Obviously, I understood it better than you, otherwise you'd know two facts....
a)He was offered a million dollars to give up guardianship, and refused the money, and
b)That offer came AFTER her feeding tube had already been removed and reinserted twice.
You frigging moron. Learn to read.
How could he completely move on until there was closure? You're an idiot. An absolute idiot.
You could find the truth if you wanted to by I will post some of the timeline here for the benefit of anyone following this story.

Aug 1992 he rec'd $250,000 out of court settlement
Nov. 1992 he rec'd One million dollars
May 1998 he petitions court for removal of PEG tube
Dec 1998 Guardian ad litem for Teri, Richard Pearse reports that Michael Shiavo decision may be influenced by the potential to in herit Ms. Shiavo's estate.

How can you be so wrong and yet so sure of yourself. I think you are batty and rude.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321946 Feb 15, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Because "the guy" was her husband, her confidante, and her legal guardian. I love how the sanctity of marriage is so important to right-wingers, until it's inconvenient to their views.
<quoted text>
Very simple. This happened to Teri under unusual circumstances in 1990. Michael in 1991 had already replaced her with another woman. He broke the sanctity of the marraige, not Teri.

She became very inconvenient for him but he couldn't divorce her because of the potential to inherit her estate. All he could do was to see her dead while technically still married.

Marraige is important to 'right wingers' but common sense says this guy was out for himself and his marraige meant nothing.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#321947 Feb 15, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Because "the guy" was her husband, her confidante, and her legal guardian. I love how the sanctity of marriage is so important to right-wingers, until it's inconvenient to their views.
<quoted text>
Exactly. They're raging hypocrites.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321948 Feb 15, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Not necessarily. A comatose person has recordable brain activity; a vegetative patient has little if any such activity.
<quoted text>
I know the difference but it is hard to get into a vegetative state witout first going into a coma.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321949 Feb 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Love is feeding someone while they are alive not starve and dehydrate them for two weeks until you have effectively killed them.
Yeah, he thought he knew better than the medical staff, tried to FEED her pudding, and nearly killed her. Such "love" we should all be spared.

She was already dead. A mindless shell physically functioning is not alive in any sense of the word a sane person would understand.

Stop thinking about yourself.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321950 Feb 15, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. They're raging hypocrites.
You are a raging lunatic. JMHO

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321951 Feb 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You could find the truth if you wanted to by I will post some of the timeline here for the benefit of anyone following this story.
Aug 1992 he rec'd $250,000 out of court settlement
Nov. 1992 he rec'd One million dollars
May 1998 he petitions court for removal of PEG tube
Dec 1998 Guardian ad litem for Teri, Richard Pearse reports that Michael Shiavo decision may be influenced by the potential to in herit Ms. Shiavo's estate.
How can you be so wrong and yet so sure of yourself. I think you are batty and rude.
Nonsense. That was the same lawsuit, with the amount he received changing from $250,000 to $300.00 between the decision and the final settlement. He didn't get both $250,000 and a million. THAT was your poor reading comprehension. Have a small child read it, and explain it to you.

The lawsuit was a malpractice lawsuit against her gynecologist for misdiagnosing her long before she collapsed. He got $300,000, and TERRY got $750,000 that went into a trust fund for her care.

Ah, you forgot to mention that the Guardian Ad Litem ALSO reported that Terry was in a persistent vegetative state with no possibility for recovery.

If her husband had been ONLY interested in money, why on earth wouldn't he have ACCEPTED a million additional dollars to give up his guardianship? Do you EVER stop to think?

YOU are the one who is wrong.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321952 Feb 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Very simple. This happened to Teri under unusual circumstances in 1990. Michael in 1991 had already replaced her with another woman. He broke the sanctity of the marraige, not Teri.
She became very inconvenient for him but he couldn't divorce her because of the potential to inherit her estate. All he could do was to see her dead while technically still married.
Marraige is important to 'right wingers' but common sense says this guy was out for himself and his marraige meant nothing.
Wrong.

He dated a woman, WITH the encouragement of her parents, mind, a year and a half after she collapsed. He met the woman he eventually married two and a half years after Terri collapsed.

Moron, EVERYONE dies with an "estate". That doesn't make us millionaires. Did you even bother to look INTO what Terri's estate consisted of, or did you stupidly assume it meant she's been rich that whole time? Her "estate" was merely what was left of the malpractice settlement AFTER her bills were paid. After 15 years, you can bet not much was left.

You are SUCH a stupid tool.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#321953 Feb 15, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
He took a vow to her for better or worse, in sickness and in health til death parted them. Guess what? She was still alive. She wasn't hooked up to life support keeping her alive.

He had no use for her after the collapse.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#321954 Feb 15, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Not necessarily. A comatose person has recordable brain activity; a vegetative patient has little if any such activity.
<quoted text>
There are those who were declared "vegetative" and are now walking around. Terri Schavio, although brain damaged, was alive and not hooked up to machines keeping her alive. No extra-ordinary means kept her alive. She did respond to stimulation and her loved ones. So, there ya have it.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#321955 Feb 15, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
He's not required to put his life on hold for her parents, especially given how they treated him. They could not accept that she wasn't coming back. That's not his fault either. Everything that made her who she was had died off a long time before; she was a lab experiment for the last several years.
The parents thought only of their happiness; I agree.
<quoted text>
Who made him put his life on hold? If he thought of her as dead then why the need to kill her by denying her basic necessities thaat we all need? He had a gf. He emotionally detached himself. He moved on.

Whar irritated him, which led to his guilty based frustration, was the fact that she had a family who loved her and valued her life. He saw the response from her. He then had to put an end to it or he'd appear heartless and cruel. He's no different than those proaborts on here who support abortion. They desperately need to justify this evil to somehow ease their consciences. They live, eat and breath these abortion forums. It's a huge sign.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#321956 Feb 15, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, he thought he knew better than the medical staff, tried to FEED her pudding, and nearly killed her. Such "love" we should all be spared.
She was already dead. A mindless shell physically functioning is not alive in any sense of the word a sane person would understand.
Stop thinking about yourself.
You're clearly nothing but a shell. You've chosen to kill your conscience. Your soul is stone cold dead. Youre no longer whole. Ohhh, but you think that you are functioning.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321957 Feb 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> He took a vow to her for better or worse, in sickness and in health til death parted them. Guess what? She was still alive. She wasn't hooked up to life support keeping her alive.
He had no use for her after the collapse.
This is completely untrue, and only shows that you are clueless as to what actually occurred. Likely because you are sucking off the PLM tit.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#321958 Feb 15, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
She wasn't hooked up to extra-ordinary means . If she was that would be a different scenerio. She required food and water just likeyou and I.

Starvation and dehydration are HORRENDOUS ways to die. How cruel can you be to assume she went in peace.

*sigh*

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321959 Feb 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> There are those who were declared "vegetative" and are now walking around. Terri Schavio, although brain damaged, was alive and not hooked up to machines keeping her alive. No extra-ordinary means kept her alive. She did respond to stimulation and her loved ones. So, there ya have it.
No, her body went through autonomic reflexive movement. Not the same thing at all.

No patient has ever recovered from a persistent vegetative state with 80% of their Cerebral Cortex gone (look up Cerebral Cortex and maybe you'll learn something), and part of their brain stem after 15 years.

You keep missing the point that medically, there is never a one size fits all solution. Ever. Each case is different.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321960 Feb 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> You're clearly nothing but a shell. You've chosen to kill your conscience. Your soul is stone cold dead. Youre no longer whole. Ohhh, but you think that you are functioning.
LOL, nonsense. This has nothing to do with me. It also has nothing to do with you, but that won't stop you from interjecting your own feelings on someone else's situation and making self-centered judgemental statements that don't rely on facts at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coplay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Liberal Felchers 1,274,676
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Thu Norbert of Norview 71,944
News Upside Allentown strengthens NIZ neighborhoods Thu silly rabbit 1
News Teen girl, boyfriend seek separate trials in mo... Wed silly rabbit 1
Is 40 Below the best club in the Lehigh Valley?? (Apr '08) Aug 25 Lucy 73
News Starters Riverport Closes in South Bethlehem (Feb '13) Aug 25 Reggie 3
police officer robert busch Aug 25 silly rabbit 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coplay Mortgages