Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 317583 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321969 Feb 15, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, her body went through autonomic reflexive movement. Not the same thing at all.
No patient has ever recovered from a persistent vegetative state with 80% of their Cerebral Cortex gone (look up Cerebral Cortex and maybe you'll learn something), and part of their brain stem after 15 years.
You keep missing the point that medically, there is never a one size fits all solution. Ever. Each case is different.
We aren't saying she would recover. We are saying she wasn't dying. AShe had to be killed for Michael to be happy.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#321970 Feb 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"I showed you where you were totally wrong."

No, you did not. You misunderstood what was said, that's all.

"You were also wrong about him waiting 'lovingly' for 15 yaers to get on with his life."

That is not what I said. Why must you lie so much?

"Follow the money, dumbo."

WHAT money, Witless?

Again, learn to read. He got a settlement for a lawsuit that had nothing to do with whether she was still on the feeding tube or not. The REST of that settlement, almost 3/4, the majority of it in fact, went into a trust fund to pay Terri's medical costs. What was left after all that time, and neither of us knows what that amount was, but it couldn't have been much considering the high cost of medicine, was her "estate" that he inherited after she died.

And ALL of this distraction does NOTHING to refute the FACT that, as her husband and next of kin, it was his right to make those decisions for his wife in consultation with her physicians, when she was unable to do so, and lacked a written directive. Just like if the situation had been reversed, it is the wife's right, as next of kin, to make those decisions for her husband in consultation with his physicians if he was unable to do so, and lacked a written directive. Just like it is the right of a parent, as next of kin, to make that decision for a minor or unmarried son or daughter when they can't make that decision themselves in consultation with their physicians, and lack a written directive. And the fact that each case is different, and there is no medical one size fits all solution. That's how it works.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321971 Feb 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We aren't saying she would recover. We are saying she wasn't dying. AShe had to be killed for Michael to be happy.
There was no "we" there. I was replying directly to Stupid Sassy, who WAS implying that she could have recovered, you stupid cabbage.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321972 Feb 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He was trying to pull the feeding tube since '98' but after he got the money.
The lawsuit was a separate thing. Are you seriously suggesting that the GYN who misdiagnosed her shouldn't have been held accountable for that malpractice. You have a problem with almost 3/4 of the settlement going to pay for her medical bills?

What is wrong with you?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321973 Feb 15, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no "we" there. I was replying directly to Stupid Sassy, who WAS implying that she could have recovered, you stupid cabbage.
No, I wasn't implying that, you stupid cabbage.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321974 Feb 15, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, nonsense. This has nothing to do with me. It also has nothing to do with you, but that won't stop you from interjecting your own feelings on someone else's situation and making self-centered judgemental statements that don't rely on facts at all.

^^^^^ blank, empty, souless shell^^^^^^

How clueless of you to think that starving and withholding warer is in her best interest.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321975 Feb 15, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter whether or not she could recover. Most brain damaged individuals are not starved and dehydrated for 13 days until dead.

Would you want that for your spouse or child?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321976 Feb 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> No, I wasn't implying that, you stupid cabbage.
She's in a fun house somewhere looking through distorted mirrors. Looney is all I can say.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321977 Feb 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> No, I wasn't implying that, you stupid cabbage.
Of course you were, you lying POS, otherwise there was no point in bringing up these "others who have recovered".

LOL, who do you think you're fooling?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321978 Feb 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitler is part of the culture of death. She supports killing hu
ealthy humans in the womb as well, so Terri is a given. She was brain damaged without requiring extra-ordinary means to keep her alive. Heaven FORBID she needs care and then she good for nothing. Kill her. She's worthless. Trash. An inconvenience. Useless if hubby don't want her just like if mom doesn't want her baby.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321979 Feb 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
^^^^^ blank, empty, souless shell^^^^^^
How clueless of you to think that starving and withholding warer is in her best interest.
She never knew, having most of her brain extensively damaged.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321980 Feb 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter whether or not she could recover. Most brain damaged individuals are not starved and dehydrated for 13 days until dead.
She thinks euthanasia is mercy killing. Heck, she probably thinks retarded people or kids that are in living in poverty-starving, freezing, etc..should be mercy killed.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321981 Feb 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Bitler is part of the culture of death. She supports killing hu
ealthy humans in the womb as well, so Terri is a given. She was brain damaged without requiring extra-ordinary means to keep her alive. Heaven FORBID she needs care and then she good for nothing. Kill her. She's worthless. Trash. An inconvenience. Useless if hubby don't want her just like if mom doesn't want her baby.
When you don't see the humanity in other humans, you lose your own humanity and I think that is where a lot of people are now.

God will wake us all up at some point.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321982 Feb 15, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
She never knew, having most of her brain extensively damaged.
Unbelieveable!!!!!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321983 Feb 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If it didn't matter, why did you object to me saying that Sassy had implied it?

All you're proving here is that it's only YOUR feelings that matter, that you can't understand my position is not based on my personal feelings. My feelings, my wants, my desires are not relevant to that situation. Neither are yours.

Again, and see if you can understand it this time, EVERY SITUATION IS DIFFERENT. IF I ever faced SIMILAR situation, what I would and would not choose to do has NOTHING to do with the Terri Schiavo case.

You don't really care what I would do anyway, or you'd have bothered to ask if we have written directives, and what they say.

Nope, too late, you should have already done so. And would have, if you really cared about anyone but yourself, and how YOU feel.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321984 Feb 15, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you were, you lying POS, otherwise there was no point in bringing up these "others who have recovered".
LOL, who do you think you're fooling?
Hey cabbagehead, stay with the conversation.My point was in response to peters regarding being in a vegetative state with little or no brain activity and how people can still respond or wake up. Terri clearly did respond to love and family and caregivers.

When my son was in a coma, They told me that he didn't respond to testing due to his TBI. He couldnt swallow, talk, move even after he came out of his coma. I was told he couldnT hear me. Eventually I told him to try TO wiggle his one toe if he heard me. He did.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321985 Feb 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Bitler is part of the culture of death."

LOL, nonsense. There is no such thing, Drama Queen. Calm down.

"She supports killing hu
ealthy humans in the womb as well, so Terri is a given."

No, I don't, Liar. Why must you lie so much?

"She was brain damaged without requiring extra-ordinary means to keep her alive."

No, it was more than that. She was in a persistent vegetative state, her brain damage was extensive and irreversible, her brain had atrophied to half the size it should have been, and 80% of her Cerebral Cortex was just gone. But, we both know you don't really care about facts.

"Heaven FORBID she needs care and then she good for nothing. Kill her. She's worthless. Trash. An inconvenience. Useless if hubby don't want her just like if mom doesn't want her baby."

None of which I have ever said, or implied. Stop lying.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321986 Feb 15, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> She thinks euthanasia is mercy killing. Heck, she probably thinks retarded people or kids that are in living in poverty-starving, freezing, etc..should be mercy killed.
Wrong.

You, on the other hand, apparently think lying about people is okay.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321987 Feb 15, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The lawsuit was a separate thing. Are you seriously suggesting that the GYN who misdiagnosed her shouldn't have been held accountable for that malpractice. You have a problem with almost 3/4 of the settlement going to pay for her medical bills?
What is wrong with you?
No but I am saying that by 1998 all suits had been settled and it was time for her to go and stop using up all the money for her care that he would inherit at her demise. After all he had a new family to support.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321988 Feb 15, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
When you don't see the humanity in other humans, you lose your own humanity and I think that is where a lot of people are now.
God will wake us all up at some point.
YOU have to lie about me, because you've lost the argument.

I see the humanity in all humans. I hold all life to be sacred.

That does not preclude acknowledging the facts of medical decisions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coplay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min southerngirl 1,602,256
News Man accused of stalking mom, masturbating in vi... Sat weapon X 10
News Naked trucker arrested on Airport Road : The Mo... (Apr '07) Fri Bob 82
News Allentown Fair's new contests and demonstrations Fri Bob 2
News Northwestern Academy: boy escapes from Northwes... (May '09) Fri Bob 55
News Pennsylvania high school golfer has 2 holes-in-... Fri Bob 9
News Abortion protesters were 'menacing' : The Morni... (Apr '07) Sep 20 weapon X 29

Coplay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coplay Mortgages