Recipe Exchange - September 10, 2008

We don't have room for every recipe sent in, but we want to thank all who have helped us this week, including Tami Tierney of Allentown and Dianne of Whitehall . Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jody Candelmo

AOL

#1 Sep 11, 2008
Looking for a Haluski recipe... "Inside Out Haluski"???... Appeared in Recipe Exchange but I misplaced it...

Could you please email it to me at gcparkland@aol.com
Triple K

Walnutport, PA

#2 Sep 11, 2008
here is a good one place bacon in the pan cut up throw fresh green beans in fry it up till its just about tender, place in pan some milk and flour and let it cream up, put in bowl and enjoy, trust me its really good!!!

Since: May 08

United States

#3 Sep 11, 2008
This is on an Australian thread, hmmm. I was wondering why, when I saw the two cities named(Allentown & Whitehall), how could this be on here?

So weird how Topix has things or threads misplaced.

“People smell funny.”

Since: Nov 07

East Vincent, PA

#4 Sep 11, 2008
M4Pathfinder wrote:
This is on an Australian thread, hmmm. I was wondering why, when I saw the two cities named(Allentown & Whitehall), how could this be on here?
So weird how Topix has things or threads misplaced.
Nope, not Topix, nor was it misplaced. FTFA: "Denise Palmer of Adelaide, South Australia, an online reader, found gingerbread recipes for Louise Bartush of Avoca, Luzerne County.'I just happen to have the 'Brer Rabbit's New Orleans Molasses Recipes' booklet, from the 1950s! It has 50 little pages in it and I bought it on eBay last year,' she says." The roboblogger automatically tags for all locations mentioned.

That being said, have the people who are asking for these recipes looked online for them? Some of these have always been pretty easy to find. For example if you google "string beans sour cream" you get numerous hits for string beans with a sour cream sauce.. http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1850,147167-2...

Since: May 08

United States

#5 Sep 11, 2008
Just weird. LOL.

Hey, where IS Phoenixville? I swear I learn about cities in PA I've never heard of, every week.
*waves*
I have some good recipes.
<---Italian cook @ heart.

“People smell funny.”

East Vincent, PA

#6 Sep 12, 2008
M4Pathfinder wrote:
Just weird. LOL.
Hey, where IS Phoenixville? I swear I learn about cities in PA I've never heard of, every week.
*waves*
I have some good recipes.
<---Italian cook @ heart.
It's in Chester county, about 20 minutes west of Philly. You know where King of Prussia mall is? It's about ten minutes west from there.

Unfortunately, I'm not in Phoenixville anymore (I should really update that).. I miss it up there. I'm in Swarthmore now (well, technically Springfield), and hoping to get up to Chester county again soon after we buy a house.

I've got lots of dessert recipes, and my mother-in-law is trying to make an Italian out of me, so I'm learning how to cook more stuff (I'd teach her some good German/Austrian stuff, but she's just not interested in learning). We should start our own recipe exchange here :-P
TRIPLE K

Allentown, PA

#7 Sep 12, 2008
Mandapants wrote:
<quoted text>
It's in Chester county, about 20 minutes west of Philly. You know where King of Prussia mall is? It's about ten minutes west from there.
Unfortunately, I'm not in Phoenixville anymore (I should really update that).. I miss it up there. I'm in Swarthmore now (well, technically Springfield), and hoping to get up to Chester county again soon after we buy a house.
I've got lots of dessert recipes, and my mother-in-law is trying to make an Italian out of me, so I'm learning how to cook more stuff (I'd teach her some good German/Austrian stuff, but she's just not interested in learning). We should start our own recipe exchange here :-P
You got it, love to cook, took a class at a local community college, I would love to start a recipe exchange, tonight on my supper table after all the barn chores are done, bacon wrapped stuufed capons, creamed YELLOW beans, and I am going to make caramel laced bakes apples for dessert!!! anyone want to join!!! and if you say yes, prepare to brush clydesdales and clean a few stalls before supper,!!!!!! only kidding!!!on the cleaning stalls but the brushing !!!!

“Allergic to stupid people”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#8 Sep 12, 2008
TRIPLE K wrote:
<quoted text> You got it, love to cook, took a class at a local community college, I would love to start a recipe exchange, tonight on my supper table after all the barn chores are done, bacon wrapped stuufed capons, creamed YELLOW beans, and I am going to make caramel laced bakes apples for dessert!!! anyone want to join!!! and if you say yes, prepare to brush clydesdales and clean a few stalls before supper,!!!!!! only kidding!!!on the cleaning stalls but the brushing !!!!
MMMM, creamed yellow beans....
I haven't had those for about 30 some years- mom use to make the best with little bits of bacon in them.

I'll be up right after bowling...keep them warm!
TRIPLE K

Allentown, PA

#9 Sep 12, 2008
pippySqueek wrote:
<quoted text>
MMMM, creamed yellow beans....
I haven't had those for about 30 some years- mom use to make the best with little bits of bacon in them.
I'll be up right after bowling...keep them warm!
Come on up!!!also creamed aspargus I love, actually my Mom taught me the creamed beans trick!!! no patience to cut up bacon in small bits 1/2 inch wide pieces and good Butcher double smoked as well.....THICK PIECES!!!

“People smell funny.”

East Vincent, PA

#10 Sep 12, 2008
TRIPLE K wrote:
<quoted text> You got it, love to cook, took a class at a local community college, I would love to start a recipe exchange, tonight on my supper table after all the barn chores are done, bacon wrapped stuufed capons, creamed YELLOW beans, and I am going to make caramel laced bakes apples for dessert!!! anyone want to join!!! and if you say yes, prepare to brush clydesdales and clean a few stalls before supper,!!!!!! only kidding!!!on the cleaning stalls but the brushing !!!!
...I think I like your dinner better :-P

We're using the leftover chicken from last night to make chicken salad. But we will be having rice and peas with it, and I'll probably throw together pumpkin chocolate cheesecake bars for dessert, since I hardly got any of the last batch I made :-P
TRIPLE K

Allentown, PA

#11 Sep 12, 2008
Mandapants wrote:
<quoted text>
We're using the leftover chicken from last night to make chicken salad. But we will be having rice and peas with it, and I'll probably throw together pumpkin chocolate cheesecake bars for dessert, since I hardly got any of the last batch I made :-P
HAY I like a good chicken salad, nottin wrong with that and your dessert YUMMIE as well, Want a good recipe for a one pot meal, and I make this usually during the winter months, get a dutch oven pot layer the bottom with double smoke bacon (raw) then season raw hamburger and layer about 1/2 inch over the bacon , next slice potatoes season them and cover the hamburger then slice onions cover the tators then slice carrots and cover the onions then repeat the goodies making sure you end up with carrots on the top and that is very important as the carrots are your timer when they are soft it is done, next pout 1/4 cup beeth broth into the pot put on medium heat, cover and like I said test your carrots and of course season to your taste as well all the layers and let me tell you after 6 hours in our barn on a cold winter day, light up the fireplace grab a bowl full sit and watch TV unbeatable!!! and its better the next day as well take to work and nuke it yum yum, also some people exchange slice thin top roast for hamburger your choice!!!
Paul from Allentown

Greensboro, NC

#12 Sep 12, 2008
to triple k
i feel i owe you an apology. Earlier this week i implied you may be racist. as i dont know you, i have no way of knowing if thats true or not, i just based my assumption on the name you picked and what other people posted. After reading some of you other posts i have come to realize i was wrong and so i say Sorry
megg

North Wales, PA

#13 Sep 12, 2008
Mandapants wrote:
<quoted text>
Pumpkin chocolate cheesecake bars??? That sounds unbelievable! Can I get some?
TRIPLE K

Allentown, PA

#14 Sep 12, 2008
Paul from Allentown wrote:
to triple k
i feel i owe you an apology. Earlier this week i implied you may be racist. as i dont know you, i have no way of knowing if thats true or not, i just based my assumption on the name you picked and what other people posted. After reading some of you other posts i have come to realize i was wrong and so i say Sorry
No Problem
TRIPLE K

Allentown, PA

#15 Sep 12, 2008
megg wrote:
<quoted text>
Pumpkin chocolate cheesecake bars??? That sounds unbelievable! Can I get some?
YEA how about that recipe!!!! calorie free I suppose!!! LOL
Hey Ho_ Lets Go

Santa Ana, CA

#16 Sep 12, 2008
The green/yellow bean recipe looks fattening.
A better choice for healthy eatting would be fresh green beans steamed with lemon juice squeezed on them or almond slivers added. Forget the creams unless you need to gain weight and like rich foods.
Hey Ho_ Lets Go

Santa Ana, CA

#17 Sep 12, 2008
I commend you for your apology. Very seldom do people recognize that their comments are inapropriate and uncalled for in these forums. However, you comment has nothing to do with me or the person you are addressing. But I say it takes a special person (good) to admit mistakes and correct them.
Paul from Allentown wrote:
to triple k
Jazzee

UK

#18 Sep 12, 2008
Triple K wrote:
here is a good one place bacon in the pan cut up throw fresh green beans in fry it up till its just about tender, place in pan some milk and flour and let it cream up, put in bowl and enjoy, trust me its really good!!!
defo gonna try that one....thx

“Allergic to stupid people”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#19 Sep 12, 2008
Hey Ho_ Lets Go wrote:
A better choice for healthy eatting would be fresh green beans steamed with lemon juice squeezed on them or almond slivers added. Forget the creams unless you need to gain weight and like rich foods.
I agree with healthy eating, but once in a while you need one of those mom-use-to-make comfort foods. Especially, now that mom is gone....
TRIPLE K

Allentown, PA

#20 Sep 12, 2008
Hey Ho_ Lets Go wrote:
Fattening, well , to a point, but like above a COMFORT FOOD is all that though, fattening like the forbidden apple!!! I dont make it everyday now, but on a good sunday after chores are done and beat up, it tastes SOOO good!! enjoy and your green bean trick is also good!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coplay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lansford gets facelift with help from Main Stre... 1 hr Nick 3
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr THE DEVIL 1,174,700
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr R C Honey 308,065
The Americus Hotel was Allentown's Castle in Spain 6 hr silly rabbit 1
Silly Rabbit is a troll (Jun '13) 6 hr silly rabbit 61
any horny girls want to sext? 10 hr Dan 1
Valley natives to look for during the Super Bowl 12 hr Michael L 1

Winter Storm Warning for Lehigh County was issued at January 31 at 7:45PM EST

Coplay News Video

Coplay Dating