Rancher ( E.C. Mullendore)
Jack

Wellsville, KS

#21 Aug 15, 2008
Heard he was a rich Jew, come to think about it didn't Gene and E.C. get into it with a copule of jews oversome kind of land and oil deal a few years before he was killed ?
abby4good

Coffeyville, KS

#22 Aug 17, 2008
Linda and E.C's son has a ranch in the sedan area. He works his butt off, and did not gain anything from his fathers death. Gene disowned E.C's kids after the murder. I read some where that Linda is still married to her lawyer.

Chub was well known for being a expert marksman, yet he fired several shots at who ever was supposedly there and shot E.C. and missed. Also no foot prints in the dew by the door that chub supposedly chased them out the door. HMMMM I wish the truth would come out some day.
Jack

Wellsville, KS

#23 Aug 17, 2008
Was thinking someme of the grand kids go to Oklahoma Union schools, not a thing with working your ass off account it gains you respect. Didn't he end up with some land and mom helped him out after Gene die.
We both know he had some stat up money to by the ranch he has.
I am a expect marksman also, but if your been drinking you can miss your mark.
xxx

Roswell, NM

#24 Aug 21, 2008
I thought I heard or read that Chubb died? It that not true?
aaa

Florissant, MO

#25 Aug 31, 2008
Linda is still with the lawyer and they live in a high rise apt. in Tulsa. EC IV is married with several kids and doing ranch work.
Jack

Wellsville, KS

#26 Sep 4, 2008
Looks like they all have been doing good then, do any of them know anything about thier Osage culture, or even care?
bluehornet

Springfield, MO

#27 Sep 30, 2008
Amazing. All these years and someone still gives a damn about this. What do you all think about OJ and his murder trial?
Carolyn Phillips

Dalhart, TX

#28 Oct 1, 2008
bluehornet wrote:
Amazing. All these years and someone still gives a damn about this. What do you all think about OJ and his murder trial?
I think if he were your dad, your brother, what ever, you just might, give a damn, after all these years. The victim, his family, and all the law enforcement who worked that crime, they want it solved. Plus a murderer should not go free!
As far as O.J. is concerned, after all these years they have not found another suspect. Ron Goldman's family thinks he did it. O.J.'s trial was a circus!
nosey nellie

Norman, OK

#29 Oct 3, 2008
aaa wrote:
Linda is still with the lawyer and they live in a high rise apt. in Tulsa. EC IV is married with several kids and doing ranch work.
EC can't hold a job...He lives totally off Linda and John and the current Mrs. E.C. Mullendore IV is divorcing him because he has been molesting his 2 youngest children by her who are 3 and 5, along with the older 2 boys Daniel and Eli, they have had a "pedifile" party with the younger siblings. He is residing in Duncan.
Carolyn Phillips

Dalhart, TX

#30 Oct 3, 2008
nosey nellie wrote:
<quoted text>
EC can't hold a job...He lives totally off Linda and John and the current Mrs. E.C. Mullendore IV is divorcing him because he has been molesting his 2 youngest children by her who are 3 and 5, along with the older 2 boys Daniel and Eli, they have had a "pedifile" party with the younger siblings. He is residing in Duncan.
That is very sad news indeed. I worked at a shelter for battered women and have seen children whose environment would break your heart. But putting all that aside, yes the Mullendore's were very eccentric, but I am only asking for two people, E.C. and Chub, or who ever killed him, be brought to justice. Everyone else went on with their lives, but E.C. is dead. My son is in law enforce and believe me ,no one wants an unsolved crime. It is just not fair.
I would tell you if these acts are true about those children, then justice needs to be served there also. I assure you ,child molesters are treated very, very, badly in prison!
nosey nellie

Norman, OK

#31 Oct 3, 2008
One can only hope. It is my understanding that Chub will probably not talk even on his deathbed. I had heard that the Mullendore boys had made an offer to Chub to get him to clear the air. But I think it was rejected. I had heard that he is in bad health and doesn't have just a lot of time left. Everything about that night was botched. I was told that Kathleen still has all the furniture from the living room in storage.I am just not sure that there will ever be an ending to the original story, which is sad. If it were to happen today, I have no doubt that someone would be convicted. Our methods are so much better than they were back in 1970.

One thing here is if Chub really did it, what good would it do to send him to prison? He doesn't have that long to live. He would probably die long before his appeals ran out. Also, one has to look at the expense that it would take to take care of him with the dialysis and all.

There will be a new book coming out in the next several years. I guarentee you will find it interesting. It is a "tell-all" about the deep dark secrets of the family from sources in the family. Family skeletons will be unveiled.
Carolyn Phillips

Dalhart, TX

#32 Oct 3, 2008
Yes ,I have heard that Chub is in very bad health. He had promised sheriff Wayman that he would tell him what happened when he, Chub, was on his death bed. Retired Sheriff Wayman is in his eighties, I think it would give him peace of mind to know he has been right all along and that Chub would confess to the crime. That is one of the reasons I would like this crime solved. No one has tomorrow promised and I am fearful that Chub may not have that chance to tell what really went down that night. Guess he thinks he is above the law,,that is the point, he shouldn't be.
You are right about the expense. Ironic that prisoners get free medical care while others have to pick up the tab.
Why do you think the book about the Mullendore's ,will take so long to come out? The book ,'The Mullendore Murder Case' by Jonathan Kwitny, who is now deceased, was some what fiction based on nonfiction. It contained a lot of information that could be verified. I am thinking what ever is written will only be interesting to people of this region, not a best seller, but I would love to read it.
Enjoyed the evening chat. Hope before long many questions will be truthfully answered, in the mean time, let's keep this forum open and maybe someone will have information reguarding the crime. Last thought, wouldn't you think that all of the years Chub was on the run, he would have told at least one person on this planet what happened?
in the know

United States

#33 Nov 14, 2008
I don't believe that the molestation charges are true. In fact, it is documented in DHS records that the ex-wife coached the children into saying this. The truth shall come out in time.
Truegrit

United States

#34 Nov 16, 2008
I new Chubb was first taken to Sedan after his arrest,then transferred to Montogomery Co. Jail. I understood he was then transferred to Lansing. When was he released? Is he living now in the city of Caney or in Osage Co.?

Since: Nov 08

United States

#35 Nov 19, 2008
What happened to Carolyn Phillips? I jump in this forum to chat and she went quiet?
Bob Wills

Tulsa, OK

#36 Nov 19, 2008
Actually I know for a FACT he is currently in Washington County as of yesterday when I saw him.
June Dill

Pittsburg, KS

#37 Nov 20, 2008
Kwitny's "The Mullendore Murder Case' is a fairly valuable book now as it has been out of print for so long. Hardcover volumes go from $90 to $400+ dollars depending on condition and edition and paperbacks are in the $40 dollar range.
Just curious

Morris, OK

#38 Dec 1, 2008
jack wrote:
I was thinking they sent him back to jail on old durg charges about a year ago. And yes she is into horses and has a web site set up whre they show and sell them.
I ike to see a move done about the family,and cold case file also.
What's the web address for the website?
Just curious

Morris, OK

#39 Dec 1, 2008
abby4good wrote:
Linda and E.C's son has a ranch in the sedan area. He works his butt off, and did not gain anything from his fathers death. Gene disowned E.C's kids after the murder. I read some where that Linda is still married to her lawyer.
Chub was well known for being a expert marksman, yet he fired several shots at who ever was supposedly there and shot E.C. and missed. Also no foot prints in the dew by the door that chub supposedly chased them out the door. HMMMM I wish the truth would come out some day.
Why on earth would he disown his grandkids especially after their dad was killed? Has to be some kind of a story there!!!
Just curious

Morris, OK

#40 Dec 1, 2008
bluehornet wrote:
I have to say i'm not related to ANY of these people however, I do have a curiousity about the case. It's such a "mystery" and with no one ever being brought to trial on it you wonder just for sure what happened. It's been so long that some of the family may have lost interest in finding who did it but there are us "curious" minds who still want to know the truth!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Copan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. William Dougherty (Feb '14) Sun former OK now Texas 34
Anyone remember a stabbing Sun former ok now texas 3
Review: Denali Vapor LTD (May '13) Jul 25 KittKat 21
Looking for a Roommate? (Apr '14) Jul 25 Grof 6
Reports of Copan Truck Stop Employee Racist Com... Jul 25 SpiritualAbuseSan... 1
Religion is a Mind Closer Jul 24 Gangnum Style 4
Golden Corral Jul 24 Watchman 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Copan Mortgages