Cooter High School
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Guest 01

Steele, MO

#1 Mar 8, 2012
I think something's need to be looked in at Cooter's high school! My daughter said that today the electricity was off for about 2 hours! 2 hours???? Why would you not let them go home! That is ridiculous, and I was also told that the elementary and the third floor was flooding with water! I think this needs to be checked out!
realllly

Steele, MO

#2 Mar 8, 2012
go to the school board and ask them the policy is on all of that...not to bring it up on topix for ppl to bad mouth .....i beleave they meet once a month...and they will gladly tell you the day of the next meeting

Chicago, IL

#3 Mar 8, 2012
realllly wrote:
go to the school board and ask them the policy is on all of that...not to bring it up on topix for ppl to bad mouth .....i beleave they meet once a month...and they will gladly tell you the day of the next meeting
You obviously read topix and even comment on it so shut up bad mouthing folks that use it!!
bahahaha

Steele, MO

#4 Mar 8, 2012
Send them home? Why? There's still plenty enough light to see and it wasn't cold today. Put a bucket under the leak; problem solved.

The power being off is not a reason to send kids home. Sounds like you're raising one of those whiny worthless kids, who complains about everything. Just what the world needs.

Chicago, IL

#5 Mar 8, 2012
bahahaha wrote:
Send them home? Why? There's still plenty enough light to see and it wasn't cold today. Put a bucket under the leak; problem solved.

The power being off is not a reason to send kids home. Sounds like you're raising one of those whiny worthless kids, who complains about everything. Just what the world needs.
I totally agree...you don't send kids home over 2 hours of no power..you have to make up school days..some parents work; the school cannot let out early over just anything
surely not ...

Steele, MO

#6 Mar 8, 2012
As a working mom I certainly wouldn't want my young child sent home alone with no power. I think they made the right decision in not sending them home.
thendosomething

Steele, MO

#7 Mar 9, 2012
Guest 01 wrote:
I think something's need to be looked in at Cooter's high school! My daughter said that today the electricity was off for about 2 hours! 2 hours???? Why would you not let them go home! That is ridiculous, and I was also told that the elementary and the third floor was flooding with water! I think this needs to be checked out!
ok if your so smart, do you really think that sending young children home on a bus with no one home to care for them is smart, do you think it's safe for new drivers to be driving in the weather that was going on? If so you should not even have kids! If you were so concerned you could have went and picked your child up or you could have called and had your child signed out and they could have went home! Oh wait that would require you to actually do something besides set behind your computer and complain! The safest thing was to keep the kids in a controlled environment! Which they did! I they would have sent them home some kids maybe not yours but some would have been unattended! Then their parents would have been complaining! Your child was safe and returned to you unharmed unlike some of the kids in Kentucky whom went to school and was sent home on the busses because of the weather and they are no longer with us on this earth! So be thankful your children go to a school that actually cares about there safety not if they have to set in a gym and be bored for a couple hours! I have a feeling who this is if you don't like Cooter take yours back to Blytheville, she doesnt learn anything at school anyway cause she is always posting on Facebook during school hours! Yours is a waste of space anyway trust me I'm sure the school wishes she was home with you to, so they don't have to deal with her attitude, yet they still care for her safety! Something you should do a little more of instead of worrying about your beauty image, or lack there of! Can you say VEIN!!!!!!

Conway, AR

#8 Mar 9, 2012
The problem I have is that all the high school kids are in the gym every day all day practically or wandering around outside. Someone needs to address this problem instead of worrying about a one time power outage. Where are the teachers? If they are out GET A SUBSTITUTE! but those kids need to be in a classroom learning
thendosomething

Steele, MO

#9 Mar 9, 2012
Guest wrote:
The problem I have is that all the high school kids are in the gym every day all day practically or wandering around outside. Someone needs to address this problem instead of worrying about a one time power outage. Where are the teachers? If they are out GET A SUBSTITUTE! but those kids need to be in a classroom learning
then ADDRESS IT! Once again a Blytheville parent gripping and not doing anything about it! You pay to send your kids here speak your mind to those that matter not on Topix!

Little Rock, AR

#10 Mar 9, 2012
Well I'm a Blytheville parent and this is the first I've even heard of this. I'm also with you. A couple hours without power. So what? It would be different if it was going to be a all day thing. If this happened when it was raining so hard I'm personally glad they kept my kid. Wrecks happen easily in windy raining conditions. Thanks For keeping mine safe.
thendosomething

Steele, MO

#11 Mar 9, 2012
Guest wrote:
Well I'm a Blytheville parent and this is the first I've even heard of this. I'm also with you. A couple hours without power. So what? It would be different if it was going to be a all day thing. If this happened when it was raining so hard I'm personally glad they kept my kid. Wrecks happen easily in windy raining conditions. Thanks For keeping mine safe.
Glad to see there are SOME smart people left in Blytheville!
Cooter resident

Caruthersville, MO

#12 Mar 10, 2012
thendosomething wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to see there are SOME smart people left in Blytheville!
What they need to really worry about is the way all of the people coming and going from school drive their vehicles. They go way too fast and something bad is going to happen sooner or later if they don't drive safer. Glad mine are grown and gone.

Dallas, TX

#13 Mar 10, 2012
Cooter resident wrote:
<quoted text>What they need to really worry about is the way all of the people coming and going from school drive their vehicles. They go way too fast and something bad is going to happen sooner or later if they don't drive safer. Glad mine are grown and gone.
When my kid gets old enough to drive and you see them driving crazy and know who they are call me. I guaranty you that it will be handled and my child will not be happy with the results. I'm already looking into GPS tracking so I will be alerted to excessive speeds and will know where they are and where their not suppose to be.
The peace maker

United States

#14 Mar 14, 2012
Guest 01 wrote:

Ok not trying to be mean but the people who get on here have no life at all for 1 the light went off because it was storming really bad 2 u don't know nothing ok maybe the Blytheville mom shouldn't said what she said but she did maybe the school should have keep the kids but they did and the elementary and third floor wasn't flooding now come on people the school is old but not that old think about it!
ohyea

United States

#15 Mar 16, 2012
Wow! I am thinking eclectic hasnt always been around. They were safer there than at home alone because thay can't contact every single parent. South Pem was out and they mase it through the day as well. How petty is it to get upset over something so simple.
👊👊

Steele, MO

#16 Mar 16, 2012
ohyea wrote:
Wow! I am thinking eclectic hasnt always been around. They were safer there than at home alone because thay can't contact every single parent. South Pem was out and they mase it through the day as well. How petty is it to get upset over something so simple.
they mad cause they kids got suspended for leaving after getting smart wit a teacher. Think they better than everyone else, and expected special treatment, didn't get it, so now they on here running they mouths tryin to make the school look bad.

Chicago, IL

#17 Mar 16, 2012
You're just so stupid...the people you are referring to don't even read this bill crap..and news flash stupid..what happened to them was at least a week AFTER the electricity thing at school so guess what idiot they didn't start this stupid forum and neither of them are from Blytheville
Adam Poe

United States

#18 Mar 20, 2012
All of y'all complain to much, cooter takes care of their kids.. At least to the best of their ability.. Simple enough-if you don't like cooter move your kids to Steele, or Blytheville? Quit complaining. Not to be an ass or anything.. Just saying what I think.
from cooter

United States

#19 Mar 20, 2012
send you kid back to blytheville if you don't like how cooter does things
crazy

United States

#20 Mar 21, 2012
Steele was without power to. This is really stupid. Why send them home because of no power. I agree they were safer there than at home alone. Gezzz some people complain over tge silliest stuff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cooter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whitney 4 hr DHA 17
Will 5 hr will 5
Trinity layoff 10 hr dodo 6
Obama lowers oil prices and raises stock market... (Nov '13) 10 hr Not Racist 20
spanky crawford 11 hr guest 6
Kayla at food giant 11 hr Anonymous 12
Cooter General Store Aug 22 Richard Cranium 12

Cooter Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cooter Mortgages