“this is a dark ride”

Since: Aug 10

Earth

#66201 Sep 21, 2012
GOPs BAIN in theASS wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately, we have a thinking man as President and not another hot head numbskull like the Shrub. Hopefully,'shoot first, think later Mitten' and his GOPT cronies can learn a lesson in foreign policy from this.
It's time to bring the troops ( National Guard) home...where they belong!!!!
Thanks for the response-but perhaps you didn't understand or I failed to make my opinions clear.
1. My primary point is Obama's staff should not have to react in hindsight. Surely someone reads intelligence briefs.
2. All muslims aren't bad-that's why I mentioned jihadists.
3. We agree that US forces are serving no other purpose than targets in Afghanistan.
4. I didn't imply that I think Romney would be better for the task. In fact, I think he belongs in the business sector and he has shown nothing yet to impress me that he would be preferable in the office of president.

If you want to appear adult you might consider dropping the name calling.

“Nobama care”

Since: Mar 11

just a tax hike

#66202 Sep 21, 2012
God Bless AMERICA !

Mitt Romney in 2012 !

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#66203 Sep 21, 2012
1. Does this disqualify Romney from being president? It's particularly interesting that the Romneys intentionally deducted less than they could have in order to achieve a double-digit tax rate. Without that, they would have been closer to an effective rate of 9 percent. Back in June, when Romney was under fire for not releasing more taxes, he sat down for an interview in Jerusalem with ABC and said the following (emphasis added): "I don't pay more than are legally due and frankly if I had paid more than are legally due I don't think I'd be qualified to become president. I'd think people would want me to follow the law and pay only what the tax code requires." Does
deducting less than is possible qualify as paying more than is legally due? It's a semantic gray
area, but Romney's opponents are sure to say that he's failed his own test and disqualified himself
from the presidency.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
Muslim Dictator Prez

West Plains, MO

#66204 Sep 21, 2012
Where is the outrage on this? Where is Obama?

GOP REP, RELIGIOUS LEADERS ACCUSE OBAMA ADMIN. OF RELIGIOUS ‘HYPOCRISY’ OVER CONTROVERSIAL ‘PISS CHRIST’ PHOTOGRAPH

An infamous anti-Christian photograph titled “Piss Christ,” showing a small plastic crucifix soaked in the artist’s urine, will go on display in Manhattan’s Edward Tyler Nahem Gallery on Thursday, The New York Post reports.

Almost immediately after it was announced that “Piss Christ” would be making a surprise return to the Big Apple, Christian leaders and conservative lawmakers began accusing the Obama administration of religious hypocrisy, saying while the White House has been silent on the anti-Christian photograph, it has constantly and strongly condemned the low-budget anti-Muslim YouTube clip “Innocence of Muslims” that offended people of the Islamic faith and supposedly sparked unrest in the Middle East.

“The Obama administration’s hypocrisy and utter lack of respect for the religious beliefs of Americans has reached an all-time high,” Rep. Michael Grimm (R-N.Y.) told Fox News.“I call on President Obama to stand up for America’s values and beliefs and denounce the ‘Piss Christ’ that has offended Christians at home and abroad.”

“Piss Christ” made its official debut in 1989. Then Republican Senator Alfonse D’Amato, of New York, slammed the photograph during a speech on the Senate floor, calling it “a deplorable, despicable piece of vulgarity.” He went on to tear a reproduction of the photograph to shreds and tossed the pieces on the ground, according to The New York Times.

Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League, told Fox News that there appears to be a “protected class” for Muslims and some other segments of the population.

“I would like to find out what my government is going to say about this,” he said.“We have the United States government making apologies and some very critical statements about the abuse of freedom of speech because it might offend Muslims.”

Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, said the two incidents show a clear contrast between Islam and Christianity.

“You won’t have to worry about a mob of people storming the gallery after Sunday school lets out,” Perkins told Fox News.“Christ has been the subject of attacks for 2,000 years – as have his followers. As Christians, we have learned to turn the other cheek.”

As Fox News’ Todd Starnes points out, in addition to condemning the anti-Islamic YouTube video in numerous statements and speeches, the Obama administration also paid $70,000 in taxpayer money to air ads in Pakistan denouncing the video.

“Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification for this type of senseless violence, none,” Obama says in the ad.

“The United States government had absolutely nothing to do with this video. We absolutely reject its content and message,” Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says at another point in the ad.

Neither the Pentagon nor the White House responded to Fox News’ request for comment.

The New York Times has some more background on the controversial piece of “art”:

The work has been attacked by vandals in Australia and Sweden. And last year a hammer-wielding lay critic in France permanently damaged one of the 10 existing prints, perhaps in ways that only deepened its commentary on bodily suffering.(”It looked like they’d attacked Christ,” Mr. Serrano told The Post.“The marks were all around the face.”)

MORE
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/gop-lawmaker-...
Interesting

Ava, MO

#66205 Sep 21, 2012
I find it very odd that Obama and supporters have put so much emphasis on the muslim film and how awful it is (of which I agree it is bad taste), yet are not outraged at all these other countries that have attacked our embassies, killed our people, and burned our flags. You would think our leader would be fired up about an attack on an embassy (with deaths). He is MAD at the guy who produced the film, but calm about the crap other countries are doing toward the US. His track record is to verbally attack Americans who don't agree with him, but apologize to those countries who down right HATE us.

NOBAMA 2012
Interesting

Ava, MO

#66206 Sep 21, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
1. Does this disqualify Romney from being president? It's particularly interesting that the Romneys intentionally deducted less than they could have in order to achieve a double-digit tax rate. Without that, they would have been closer to an effective rate of 9 percent. Back in June, when Romney was under fire for not releasing more taxes, he sat down for an interview in Jerusalem with ABC and said the following (emphasis added): "I don't pay more than are legally due and frankly if I had paid more than are legally due I don't think I'd be qualified to become president. I'd think people would want me to follow the law and pay only what the tax code requires." Does
deducting less than is possible qualify as paying more than is legally due? It's a semantic gray
area, but Romney's opponents are sure to say that he's failed his own test and disqualified himself
from the presidency.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
Why are you so focused on a person's tax/financial records when our nation is being HATED by many other countries, while our so called president just apologizes to them? Our nation is $16T in debt, unemployment is still over 8%(which means people are still hurting and need jobs), our country is divided, there is class warfare.......I don't care if Obama paid ZERO taxes if he had turned this country around. He has made it WORSE. Geesh, dude, is that all you have to go on?

NOBAMA 2012

“Topix most wanted”

Since: Jan 11

Hands up.

#66207 Sep 21, 2012
Poos ur daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the response-but perhaps you didn't understand or I failed to make my opinions clear.
1. My primary point is Obama's staff should not have to react in hindsight. Surely someone reads intelligence briefs.
2. All muslims aren't bad-that's why I mentioned jihadists.
3. We agree that US forces are serving no other purpose than targets in Afghanistan.
4. I didn't imply that I think Romney would be better for the task. In fact, I think he belongs in the business sector and he has shown nothing yet to impress me that he would be preferable in the office of president.
If you want to appear adult you might consider dropping the name calling.
That's a good point Poos. By now everyone in this country should be aware that, especially in certain parts of the world, security for our people and sovereign territory should be well reviewed and high priority. It doesn't sound good the way you describe the presidents response to this.

“Topix most wanted”

Since: Jan 11

Hands up.

#66208 Sep 21, 2012
Interesting wrote:
I find it very odd that Obama and supporters have put so much emphasis on the muslim film and how awful it is (of which I agree it is bad taste), yet are not outraged at all these other countries that have attacked our embassies, killed our people, and burned our flags. You would think our leader would be fired up about an attack on an embassy (with deaths). He is MAD at the guy who produced the film, but calm about the crap other countries are doing toward the US. His track record is to verbally attack Americans who don't agree with him, but apologize to those countries who down right HATE us.
NOBAMA 2012
That is an HUGE overstatement.
Interesting

Ava, MO

#66209 Sep 21, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>That is an HUGE overstatement.
You are right....I don't know about ALL of Obama's supporters. I should have only referenced Obama!!!

NOBAMA 2012
Muslim Dictator Prez

West Plains, MO

#66210 Sep 21, 2012
U.N.: Freedom Of Speech Doesn’t Mean Speaking Freely About Islam

http://www.westernjournalism.com/u-n-freedom-...

“Nobama care”

Since: Mar 11

just a tax hike

#66211 Sep 21, 2012
nobama EVER AGAIN

“Nobama care”

Since: Mar 11

just a tax hike

#66212 Sep 21, 2012
Muslim Dictator Prez wrote:
U.N.: Freedom Of Speech Doesn’t Mean Speaking Freely About Islam
http://www.westernjournalism.com/u-n-freedom-...
Good point

“this is a dark ride”

Since: Aug 10

Earth

#66213 Sep 21, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>That's a good point Poos. By now everyone in this country should be aware that, especially in certain parts of the world, security for our people and sovereign territory should be well reviewed and high priority. It doesn't sound good the way you describe the presidents response to this.
Thanks guy....people (at least extremists) may think that a middle of the road position speaks of an inability to make decisions. To some extent, I guess that's undeniable. Personally, I just think I'm not particularly impressed when people's emotion's appear to override their logic.
So far I'm pretty disappointed with what I've seen from Romney. His business success and his personna appear contradictory.
In the case of unrest and American deaths in the middle east, I can't buy the idea that we wouldn't have been better prepared for violence on the 9/11 anniversary. During his interview on Univision, Obama left himself open to criticism when he said what we should have done.
I realize the president want's improved relations with middle east countries--but when a dog is ripping you apart, you either fight or run...petting him is no longer a viable option.
GOPs BAIN in theASS

Saint Louis, MO

#66214 Sep 21, 2012
The real USA First wrote:
God Bless AMERICA !
Mitt Romney in 2012 !
MItt is Unfit ...

God Bless President Obama

You prove Santorums Point ..'Smart People Won't Vote GOP'

Enough said!
GOPs BAIN in theASS

Saint Louis, MO

#66215 Sep 21, 2012
The real USA First wrote:
nobama EVER AGAIN
Your Lesbian Prom Date ...is DEAD ...like the GOPs chances of winning ...and most of your relatives!!!
bada BAIN

“Nobama care”

Since: Mar 11

just a tax hike

#66217 Sep 21, 2012
GOPs BAIN in theASS wrote:
<quoted text>
MItt is Unfit ...
God Bless President Obama
You prove Santorums Point ..'Smart People Won't Vote GOP'
Enough said!
YAWN

“Nobama care”

Since: Mar 11

just a tax hike

#66218 Sep 21, 2012
GOPs BAIN in theASS wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Lesbian Prom Date ...is DEAD ...like the GOPs chances of winning ...and most of your relatives!!!
bada BAIN
Still YAWNING
GOPs BAIN in theASS

Saint Louis, MO

#66219 Sep 21, 2012
Interesting wrote:
Obama has gone from "Yes, we can" to "Here's why we can't"! He has proven his ability to fail over and over and over these past 4 years. Time for him to go on a permanent golf vacation!!!
NOBAMA 2012
Paul Ryan Booed At AARP

Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) was booed by the audience while pledging to repeal Obamacare at AARP's annual conference Friday in New Orleans.

"The first step to a stronger Medicare is to repeal Obamacare, because it represents the worst of both worlds: It weakens Medicare for today's seniors and puts it at risk for the next generation," said Ryan, drawing boos from the audience.

Speaking about the cut in the rate of growth for future Medicare spending, Ryan said, "The money wasn't walled off to stay in Medicare. Instead, the law turned Medicare into a piggy bank for Obamacare." That earned louder boos.

"You don't have to take my word for it, you don't have to take my word for it," Ryan pleaded.

Seems like you lost the old white people vote now...hahahahahahahahahahahaha
GOPs BAIN in theASS

Saint Louis, MO

#66220 Sep 21, 2012
The real USA First wrote:
<quoted text>
Still YAWNING
Why don't you just hold your breath... until you see them?

Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck

“Nobama care”

Since: Mar 11

just a tax hike

#66221 Sep 21, 2012
GOPs BAIN in theASS wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just hold your breath... until you see them?
Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck
Why don't you GFY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cooter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Truth hurts 16 hr Friend 4
What are they going to build on the old Ashcraf... 20 hr confused 3
job Mon BrokeGirl 3
Do the kids have school tomorrow? (Jan '09) Sun Max 137
house for rent Sun guest 1
David Phelps Jan 21 David Phelps 1
Need Friends (May '13) Jan 8 Mrs 10
Cooter Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cooter People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:31 pm PST

NBC Sports12:31PM
Source: Browns interview former Rams coach Mike Martz
NBC Sports 3:14 AM
Rams won't get chance to interview Rob Chudzinski or Alex Van Pelt
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?