Bob Woodward will "Regret Doing This."

Posted in the Cooter Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
AlvinTostig

Steele, MO

#1 Feb 27, 2013
Bob Woodward said this evening on CNN that a "very senior person" at the White House warned him in an email that he would "regret doing this," the same day he has continued to slam President Barack Obama over the looming forced cuts known as the sequester.

CNN host Wolf Blitzer said that the network invited a White House official to debate Woodward on-air, but the White House declined.
"I think they're confused," Woodward said of the White House's pushback on his reporting.

Earlier today on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Woodward ripped into Obama in what has become an ongoing feud between the veteran Washington Post journalist and the White House. Woodward said Obama was showing a "kind of madness I haven't seen in a long time" for a decision not to deploy an aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf because of budget concerns.

The Defense Department said in early February that it would not deploy the U.S.S. Harry Truman to the Persian Gulf, citing budget concerns relating to the looming cuts known as the sequester.
"Can you imagine Ronald Reagan sitting there and saying,'Oh, by the way, I can't do this because of some budget document?'" Woodward said on MSNBC.

"Or George W. Bush saying,'You know, I'm not going to invade Iraq because I can't get the aircraft carriers I need?'" Or even Bill Clinton saying,'You know, I'm not going to attack Saddam Hussein's intelligence headquarters,'... because of some budget document?"
Last weekend, Woodward called out Obama for what he said was "moving the goal posts" on the sequester by requesting that revenue be part of a deal to avert it.
John Doe

Sikeston, MO

#2 Feb 27, 2013
the sequester came from the White House and President Obama and now he is saying it will destroy the economy. Isn't there something Ironic in that? His campaigning to get rid of the sequester is almost laughable. The sequester is aimed at cutting back on projected increases in spending and not in cutting existing spending. Also to claim the loss in the number of first responders is almost a joke. Washington doesn't pay the first responders. First responders are paid for by the local and state governments.

Steele, MO

#3 Feb 28, 2013
Yeah scare tactics Oh yeah I forgot only Republicans use scare tactics, a Democrat would never think about doing that. Right Gene?
well

Amherst, OH

#4 Feb 28, 2013
On Thursday morning, they released the text of the email exchange between Woodward and Sperling. The emails look to be a far cry from the kind of thuggery that Woodward implied.

Here's an excerpt from Sperling:

I apologize for raising my voice in our conversation today. I do understand your problems with a couple of our statements in the fall -- but feel on the other hand that you focus on a few specific trees that gives a very wrong perception of the forest. But perhaps we will just not see eye to eye here. But I do truly believe you should rethink your comment about saying saying that Potus asking for revenues is moving the goal post. I know you may not believe this, but as a friend, I think you will regret staking out that claim ... My apologies again for raising my voice on the call with you. Feel bad about that and truly apologize.

Woodward, who would later profess to be unnerved by Sperling's email, replied very calmly:

Gene: You do not ever have to apologize to me. You get wound up because you are making your points and you believe them. This is all part of a serious discussion. I for one welcome a little heat; there should more given the importance. I also welcome your personal advice.

Woodward is reportedly slated to appear on Sean Hannity's Fox News show Thursday night to discuss the exchange. Viewers will surely wonder what he will have to say.

Twitter world has know exploded with mocking of woodward.

Those who were standing with him

Are the ones slamming him the most

I give him credit

It will get u tea party people to buy his books

Bless his hear, old woodward didn't realize

That e-mails can be shown to the world

Covington, TN

#5 Feb 28, 2013
Reporters think they run the world anyway.Let one of them get kidnapped somewhere oversease while sticking their noses in other countries business and watch them yell for the good ol usa to come get their lying butts.
politiciansRtinc upshakers

Bryn Mawr, PA

#6 Feb 28, 2013
Intimidation from the current administration- No way. YES way!

I'm already thinking Judge Roberts was leveraged to vote for Obama Care and was Gov Christie leveraged for Obama/federal aid. It's all about making their president seeeeeem presidential.

It might not be Obama himself but every bureaucratic organization including corporate America have management that take it on themselves to act as the muscle for the organization along with doing 'what ever' it takes to get things done or keep their job. The boys and girls in and supporting this adminstration are no different.
COMMODE WINSTON

Caruthersville, MO

#7 Feb 28, 2013
Another Tea Party savior. First it was Glenn Beck, then Sarah Palin, Rand Paul, and now Bob Woodward.

If it's about hating on Obama, its a Tea Party salvation revival because they got GEEEEEZUS on their side. The Democrats are the anti Christ while the GOP can have their homosexual tendencies to hide behind.

I'm telling now people......that black man in the White House is a evil demon possessed spirit!(SPITS) Heeez tryin to take our gunz away(SPITS), now hes done told all the navy to get out of the Persian gulf(SPITS)......if ya dont believe that, well then we'll be a prayin fer ya(SPITS)
COMMODE WINSTON

Caruthersville, MO

#8 Feb 28, 2013
guest wrote:
Yeah scare tactics Oh yeah I forgot only Republicans use scare tactics, a Democrat would never think about doing that. Right Gene?
Right..(SPITS)

United States

#9 Feb 28, 2013
COMMODE WINSTON wrote:
<quoted text>
Right..(SPITS)
Never saw someone write on topix while spitting out of their rear end. Never mind, I just got it. That is were your head is located. Sorry I just didn't understand what was happening.
John Doe

Sikeston, MO

#10 Mar 1, 2013
Isn't it interesting the way the left has jumped on Woodward when for years he was the fair haired boy with the left.

When Woodward went after Watergate, he was a hero. Now he challenges Obama and he is a lying dog.

Go figure.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#11 Mar 1, 2013
John Doe wrote:
Isn't it interesting the way the left has jumped on Woodward when for years he was the fair haired boy with the left.
When Woodward went after Watergate, he was a hero. Now he challenges Obama and he is a lying dog.
Go figure.
So where in any of your post have you ever been non partisan.

Your comments are as biased as anyone else.
politiciansRtinc upshakers

Bryn Mawr, PA

#12 Mar 1, 2013
John Doe wrote:
Go figure.
The lefties are doing their best to make seeeem like there's nothing to see so move along.

The boards and comments/commentators are jumping right into name calling frequently avoiding the wording of the apology and/or not putting in context with apparently a very heated "discussion" filled with anger.

They are also beating the usual drums simply because Woodward appeared on Fox last night.
John Doe

Sikeston, MO

#13 Mar 2, 2013
catfish59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So where in any of your post have you ever been non partisan.
Your comments are as biased as anyone else.
I have posted my beliefs, I have shown that there are issues that I lean to the right on and others I lean to the left on
John Doe

Sikeston, MO

#14 Mar 2, 2013
politiciansRtincupshakers wrote:
<quoted text>
The lefties are doing their best to make seeeem like there's nothing to see so move along.
The boards and comments/commentators are jumping right into name calling frequently avoiding the wording of the apology and/or not putting in context with apparently a very heated "discussion" filled with anger.
They are also beating the usual drums simply because Woodward appeared on Fox last night.
Ahhh yes, Fox News, another example of hypocrisy, that is on the left and right. The left bitterly complains about the evils of Fox News and ignores MSNBC while the right complains about MSNBC while ignoring fox news
Commode Doe

Caruthersville, MO

#15 Mar 2, 2013
John Doe wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh yes, Fox News, another example of hypocrisy, that is on the left and right. The left bitterly complains about the evils of Fox News and ignores MSNBC while the right complains about MSNBC while ignoring fox news
Thats the right's problem. They blame the left for supporting MSNBC when the left could care less about MSNBC. I guess its the only ammo fuktards like you could come up with to defend your support for FAUX News. Biased Unfair and totally Unbalanced. Whats the first thing you hear when FAUX News comes on? Its like a watching a cartoon based on hating Obama. Doe you watch it because of the women showing leg dont you.
Commode Doe

Caruthersville, MO

#16 Mar 2, 2013
John Doe wrote:
<quoted text>
I have posted my beliefs, I have shown that there are issues that I lean to the right on and others I lean to the left on
Provide proof.
Wheres the link for this?
I think your a ass clown fuktard

Location hidden

#17 Mar 2, 2013
John Doe wrote:
<quoted text>
Name them. What issues do you lean on the left?

Location hidden

#19 Mar 2, 2013
Truthbetold wrote:
Obama's threats and lies have drove his approval ratings back into the 40's.
Don't believe that. Ya'll can't do polls right. Obama won. No landslide for moots.

Location hidden

#21 Mar 2, 2013
John Doe

Sikeston, MO

#22 Mar 2, 2013
So what is your point catfish?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cooter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keysha is a FB Warrior 26 min Keysha Jean 7
Fake FB Moms 59 min LMAO 36
dead beat moms 1 hr LMAO 8
its sad 1 hr citizen 11
job 2 hr BrokeGirl 3
Do the kids have school tomorrow? (Jan '09) 11 hr Max 137
house for rent 13 hr guest 1
Cooter Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cooter People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:31 pm PST

NBC Sports12:31PM
Source: Browns interview former Rams coach Mike Martz
NBC Sports 3:14 AM
Rams won't get chance to interview Rob Chudzinski or Alex Van Pelt
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?