Man attacked with meat cleaver

Man attacked with meat cleaver

There are 46 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Mar 14, 2009, titled Man attacked with meat cleaver. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

An 18-year-old Jenison man was hospitalized after being attacked with a meat cleaver early Saturday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Grant

Owosso, MI

#46 Mar 15, 2009
Punny wrote:
Who uses a meat cleaver? What a hack!
My thoughts exactly, apparently they are still processing his gun permit.....

“THINK before you speak”

Since: Apr 08

mayberry usa

#47 Mar 15, 2009
Are U REal wrote:
With some pretty sorry comments left on here, I think the readers are missing the point of the story. Fist fights no longer are just fist fights. Weapons are brought into the situation and usually with a bad outcome. No one was injured in this incident which is good. However, the victim and friends are NOT bragging about setting the 18 & 21 year-olds up on myspace or facebook. The 18 & 21 year-olds need to face the mistake they made and accept their punishment, whether they intended to brandish the "meat cleaver" or not. But then again, they have always blamed others for their lot in life and this is no different.
There is a lot of speculation in Coopersville right now about who it was. Can you name names? I would like to know who to stay the heck away from.
Wally

United States

#48 Mar 16, 2009
Danno wrote:
I don't understand why the officers didn't just shoot the guy with the meat cleaver. He had to be more of a threat than the guy at Grand Valley with a little pot in his room.
My thoughts exactly.
seriously

Grandville, MI

#49 Mar 16, 2009
Dean wrote:
the story i here is that the so called victim started pulling his jacknife first witch caused the 21 yr old to pull his jacknife that's all they were was jakeknifes not swords the cleaver was found after the fact the so called victim and friends are now bragging on how they got away with setting the 18 &21 yr olds up on myspace nobody was stabbed or sent to the hospital the police and reporters should make sure of all the facts before anything being released to the press
Theres 8 different people who can verify what REALLY happened, and all 8 people can verify that it was not a jackknife and that the blade was over atleast a foot long, last i knew they didnt make jack knives with a blade thats over 12 inches long??
really

Colorado Springs, CO

#50 Mar 16, 2009
what the hell, what kind of bad parenting skills did these parents have? why would you let your children play with a meat cleaver??? and another thing why would you allow your 19 year old kid to drink and drive? Someone really should have taught their kids right from wrong!

“Have a nice day!”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#51 Mar 17, 2009
4boys-1princess wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a lot of speculation in Coopersville right now about who it was. Can you name names? I would like to know who to stay the heck away from.
I'm still waiting for that too.. I will say that the ones you think you should stay away from are are pretty good bet to stay away from regardless-ya know?
Coopersville seems to be breeding trash lately-obviously not everyone, but it seems like there's a lot of yuck running amok. I want out of here!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coopersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump Jr. to speak at Kent GOP rally Nov '16 grooves 1
News Grand Coney to open fourth location in Grand Ra... (Aug '16) Aug '16 RushFan666 2
Summer daycare? (May '16) May '16 Jess 1
News Civil War-Era Medal of Honor Winner Honored in ... (Oct '15) Nov '15 Jerry Alger 2
Debate: Gay Marriage - Coopersville, MI (Jan '11) Sep '15 The realist 3
suboxone (Aug '15) Aug '15 shannon3660 2
News Good Friday Night for Holland & Hope Dutch; GVS... (Dec '12) Dec '14 Blackhorse 2

Coopersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coopersville Mortgages