UPDATE: Man charged in coopersville h...

UPDATE: Man charged in coopersville hold-up

There are 40 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from Mar 20, 2008, titled UPDATE: Man charged in coopersville hold-up. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

The man police say threatened a Coopersville man with a gun is being held in the Ottawa County jail on multiple charges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just me

Hudsonville, MI

#25 Mar 22, 2008
Felicia wrote:
Funny well i am from Coopersville i dont live in the town so haha and im still in school thanks!
I doubt being Chad's girlfriend you should consider kids!!!
kienna

Hudsonville, MI

#26 Mar 22, 2008
If Chad has a sex molester charge against him and can't be around any girls under the age of 18 - or he violates his parole isn't he violating it when he's with felicia? And on the video - that's evidence that is breaking his parole. When is he going to molest that poor baby? My heart goes out to the Vanslykes - it sounds with the evidence that Chad is truely a lier, thanks to felicia's statement. That will be good in court! I wonder if all are willing to take a lie detector test. I also heard that Mike Bassett and his girlfriend were with him, Mike had a warrent for his arrest for cocaine the same as Chad did, and his girlfriend isn't 18 yet. Some shouldn't lie so much if they don't want Michigan to dig up their background too.
cousin

Grand Rapids, MI

#27 Mar 22, 2008
San is my cousina and i was/am surprised to hear this news he has always been a good person so i find it hard to believe. also i went to middle school with chad and he was not in good shape then so i find it hard to believe he is inocent!!
not taking any sides but something is missing!!
cousin

Grand Rapids, MI

#28 Mar 22, 2008
oops danny* is my cousin
nobody

Hudsonville, MI

#29 Mar 22, 2008
First isn't it like the pot calling the kettle black? Chad is going to prison for awhile for armed robbery himself - the poor clerk at the grocery store. He should be leaving in what?- 2 to 3 weeks, with at least a 2 year stay??? Doesn't one usually accuse of what they do? You accuse someone of cheating usually it's because your doing it. Maybe someone should talk to Brad Cribley or Jordan Molder - does Tony Smith ring a bell? How bout Eric's girlfriend? She knows exactally what happened. Chad had the nerve to leave his kid at the park in Timberline when this went down. Doug York almost kicked his butt for doing the same thing to him. Felicia?? She's just a punk mouth sister in law looking for attention, she knows nothing, and does smoke pot. They should take a lie detector test cuz they will loose. First they told the cops Dan stole $25 then it was $40 -$45 - you all know the cops are on to them, Dan will be a free man - this isn't right to put a innoncent man in jail for some dushbags lying cuz they got scared. Did Chad tell the cops he was lookin to score? Doug could shed light on that... Did Chad tell the cops that Dan told him to leave and NOT come back 3 different times and Dan was only trying to protect his wife and daughter? The truth will be told and Chad and friends will go down. Just one more thing - Chad - bro - yous doin wrong and yous know it! Tell the truth man, it ain't knowones fault but yours!
nobody

Hudsonville, MI

#30 Mar 22, 2008
First - ain't it like the pot calling the kettle black? You know if you cheat on someone you usually accuse them! Chad is going to prison for armed robbery himself - the poor clerk at the grocery store. Chad's leaving in about 3 weeks for a few years. Stripes bro stripes!! Does Brad Cribley or Jordan Molder maybe Tony Smith or even Eric's girlfriend ring a bell? How bout Doug York? Not to mention that he left his kid at the playground while he went to score 3 times from this man because he wouldn't give him nothin. This man was protecting his wife and daughter from Chad. It was not armed robbery and he didn't get away with any money. Chad just coped out cuz he thought it was a real gun. He's the one who kept drivin by. Ask Doug - he's been there too with Chad. As for Felicia, she's just a punk kid with a loud mouth looking for attention and sweetie, you do smoke pot. Yous all gotta quit yous lies!
Unknown

AOL

#31 Mar 22, 2008
nobody wrote:
First - ain't it like the pot calling the kettle black? You know if you cheat on someone you usually accuse them! Chad is going to prison for armed robbery himself - the poor clerk at the grocery store. Chad's leaving in about 3 weeks for a few years. Stripes bro stripes!! Does Brad Cribley or Jordan Molder maybe Tony Smith or even Eric's girlfriend ring a bell? How bout Doug York? Not to mention that he left his kid at the playground while he went to score 3 times from this man because he wouldn't give him nothin. This man was protecting his wife and daughter from Chad. It was not armed robbery and he didn't get away with any money. Chad just coped out cuz he thought it was a real gun. He's the one who kept drivin by. Ask Doug - he's been there too with Chad. As for Felicia, she's just a punk kid with a loud mouth looking for attention and sweetie, you do smoke pot. Yous all gotta quit yous lies!
Nobody... I need to talk to you. How can I get ahold of you?
Unknown

AOL

#32 Mar 22, 2008
nobody wrote:
First - ain't it like the pot calling the kettle black? You know if you cheat on someone you usually accuse them! Chad is going to prison for armed robbery himself - the poor clerk at the grocery store. Chad's leaving in about 3 weeks for a few years. Stripes bro stripes!! Does Brad Cribley or Jordan Molder maybe Tony Smith or even Eric's girlfriend ring a bell? How bout Doug York? Not to mention that he left his kid at the playground while he went to score 3 times from this man because he wouldn't give him nothin. This man was protecting his wife and daughter from Chad. It was not armed robbery and he didn't get away with any money. Chad just coped out cuz he thought it was a real gun. He's the one who kept drivin by. Ask Doug - he's been there too with Chad. As for Felicia, she's just a punk kid with a loud mouth looking for attention and sweetie, you do smoke pot. Yous all gotta quit yous lies!
What does Tony Smith have to do with it... I mean he is a reported witness sorta speak.
Unknown

AOL

#33 Mar 22, 2008
Well someone has to let Dan's wife and family know about this. IF this could save him from going to prison the rest of his life and his wife nad daughter from losing their home someone has to tell her. I don't know anymore then what I see on here. I would love to see a happy look on that woman's face to kow he rhusband may not be going to priosn the rest of his life. This is for NOBODY in Hudsonville, my email address is [email protected] if you could please email me and if I have to I will locate Dan's wife and let her know this information. I am sure she has been avoiding all this drama. Thank you!
Felicia

Allendale, MI

#34 Mar 23, 2008
Okay well i am his sister in law so yes he can hang otu with me and i am done talking about this stuff on here!! So you wont here anymore from me and he isnt goingto molest anyone!! He didnt in the first place! Thanks for the wonderful conversation and im done with it!
triple g

Petoskey, MI

#35 Mar 25, 2008
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Im sure glad somewhere in a post you made it known that your not from Coopersville because we would not want to admit to knowing you the way you spell and puncuate! Go back and get your G.E.D......did I spell that right??
She does live in coopersville in a TRAILER PARK!!!!!!!!!!
triple g

Petoskey, MI

#36 Mar 25, 2008
Felicia wrote:
Okay well i wasnt in the car and i dont smoke pot so i am done with this drama on here it is totally stupid why is everyone still going with it! It is done and over with it!
don't smoke pot!!!!!! HHHAHHAHHAHAHHA right.
Sad4CoopKids

AOL

#37 Mar 31, 2008
nobody wrote:
First isn't it like the pot calling the kettle black? Chad is going to prison for awhile for armed robbery himself - the poor clerk at the grocery store. He should be leaving in what?- 2 to 3 weeks, with at least a 2 year stay??? Doesn't one usually accuse of what they do? You accuse someone of cheating usually it's because your doing it. Maybe someone should talk to Brad Cribley or Jordan Molder - does Tony Smith ring a bell? How bout Eric's girlfriend? She knows exactally what happened. Chad had the nerve to leave his kid at the park in Timberline when this went down. Doug York almost kicked his butt for doing the same thing to him. Felicia?? She's just a punk mouth sister in law looking for attention, she knows nothing, and does smoke pot. They should take a lie detector test cuz they will loose. First they told the cops Dan stole $25 then it was $40 -$45 - you all know the cops are on to them, Dan will be a free man - this isn't right to put a innoncent man in jail for some dushbags lying cuz they got scared. Did Chad tell the cops he was lookin to score? Doug could shed light on that... Did Chad tell the cops that Dan told him to leave and NOT come back 3 different times and Dan was only trying to protect his wife and daughter? The truth will be told and Chad and friends will go down. Just one more thing - Chad - bro - yous doin wrong and yous know it! Tell the truth man, it ain't knowones fault but yours!
The information that you gave was appricated by Dan's family but without more Dan is looking at 15 years in prison. Amazing how 1 lie will throw a man in prison. Just because he would not help a couple of boys score. So now a wife and daughter will lose a husband and a father because there is not one person with a heart or a concious to tell the truth. I pitty these people who lied and accused. Because the world is round and what goes around comes around. Heck if Chad actually tells the truth and admit he lied it could easily get him a lower sentence on his own charge. Even if Eric told the truth it would help everyone involved even his friend Chad. But we will see who is human and who isn't.
mom of five

Baldwinsville, NY

#38 Apr 1, 2008
Wow. I also live in Coopersville, and have to say that reading these comments by the trailer park group is kind of embarassing. I think we can all see the benefit of a good education and drug avoidance by reading how some live their lives. Who ARE these crazy women who pick these loser guys who would rather steal than get a decent job, and live their lives partying rather than take care of their families? Where is Felicia's mother and father? Why do people who can't or won't take care of their families keep making more babies to destroy? Do they even know they are not normal? And, Felicia, sex offenders have a near 100% recidivism rate. He WILL do it again.
nobody

Hudsonville, MI

#39 Apr 2, 2008
Sad4CoopKids wrote:
<quoted text>
The information that you gave was appricated by Dan's family but without more Dan is looking at 15 years in prison. Amazing how 1 lie will throw a man in prison. Just because he would not help a couple of boys score. So now a wife and daughter will lose a husband and a father because there is not one person with a heart or a concious to tell the truth. I pitty these people who lied and accused. Because the world is round and what goes around comes around. Heck if Chad actually tells the truth and admit he lied it could easily get him a lower sentence on his own charge. Even if Eric told the truth it would help everyone involved even his friend Chad. But we will see who is human and who isn't.
Isn't sad 4 coop kids and unknown are the same person you can tell in the wording. Isn't this Dan's wife?? Didn't you send him to jail on numerous occasions?? Are you just upset that you didn't get to send him to jail this time?? If you are sad for kids why is your husband running around with guns and drunk?? Chad is a drama king we all know that - look at Felicia - she's no sister in law she's just a loud mouth that can't spell dump. And Chad's family?? They can support him raping a girl only to have a child - guess that's alright from twisted people. But who's more twisted here? You or them? Dan does deserve 15 years as do Chad. Put them in a cell together and let them decide what is more important, lies, stealing, robbing people. They both need to go. As for you - you need help, trying to defend him as he did nothing wrong. But don't try to potray yourself as sad for Dan's family - your all sick. You are his family, no hearts go out to offenders who keep doing wrong. As long as you have so much money - go somewhere where someone will care because we don't care!

Since: Mar 08

AOL

#40 Apr 2, 2008
nobody wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't sad 4 coop kids and unknown are the same person you can tell in the wording. Isn't this Dan's wife?? Didn't you send him to jail on numerous occasions?? Are you just upset that you didn't get to send him to jail this time?? If you are sad for kids why is your husband running around with guns and drunk?? Chad is a drama king we all know that - look at Felicia - she's no sister in law she's just a loud mouth that can't spell dump. And Chad's family?? They can support him raping a girl only to have a child - guess that's alright from twisted people. But who's more twisted here? You or them? Dan does deserve 15 years as do Chad. Put them in a cell together and let them decide what is more important, lies, stealing, robbing people. They both need to go. As for you - you need help, trying to defend him as he did nothing wrong. But don't try to potray yourself as sad for Dan's family - your all sick. You are his family, no hearts go out to offenders who keep doing wrong. As long as you have so much money - go somewhere where someone will care because we don't care!
Rest assure I am NOT Dan's wife. I've only recently met his wife. No matter how people feel about certian situations that have happened we are all suppose to have compassion and hearts. I fear more for those who have no compassion. But God bless the souls who don't.
Someone

Allendale, MI

#41 Apr 7, 2008
nobody wrote:
First - ain't it like the pot calling the kettle black? You know if you cheat on someone you usually accuse them! Chad is going to prison for armed robbery himself - the poor clerk at the grocery store. Chad's leaving in about 3 weeks for a few years. Stripes bro stripes!! Does Brad Cribley or Jordan Molder maybe Tony Smith or even Eric's girlfriend ring a bell? How bout Doug York? Not to mention that he left his kid at the playground while he went to score 3 times from this man because he wouldn't give him nothin. This man was protecting his wife and daughter from Chad. It was not armed robbery and he didn't get away with any money. Chad just coped out cuz he thought it was a real gun. He's the one who kept drivin by. Ask Doug - he's been there too with Chad. As for Felicia, she's just a punk kid with a loud mouth looking for attention and sweetie, you do smoke pot. Yous all gotta quit yous lies!
Well you say someone should talk to Eric's girlfriend; So here's what I know that happened. Eric dropped me and chad's girlfriend and his kid off at the playground to play. Him and chad went to wait for their friend so they could all go to Family Fare while his kid is playing. They came back and started screaming how someone had a gun to their head. That's how it went down.
Someone

Allendale, MI

#42 Apr 7, 2008
nobody wrote:
<quoted text>
Chad is a drama king we all know that - look at Felicia - she's no sister in law she's just a loud mouth that can't spell dump. And Chad's family?? They can support him raping a girl only to have a child - guess that's alright from twisted people. But who's more twisted here?
Chad did not rape anyone. He is on the sex offenders list because him and his gf had sex and she got pregnant....she was willing. Assuming makes an ass out of yourself..period.
yaz

Petoskey, MI

#43 Apr 8, 2008
hey
yaz

Petoskey, MI

#44 Apr 8, 2008
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Chad did not rape anyone. He is on the sex offenders list because him and his gf had sex and she got pregnant....she was willing. Assuming makes an ass out of yourself..period.
is this "someone" Andrea??? HAHAHHA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coopersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump Jr. to speak at Kent GOP rally Nov '16 grooves 1
News Grand Coney to open fourth location in Grand Ra... Aug '16 RushFan666 2
Summer daycare? (May '16) May '16 Jess 1
News Civil War-Era Medal of Honor Winner Honored in ... (Oct '15) Nov '15 Jerry Alger 2
Debate: Gay Marriage - Coopersville, MI (Jan '11) Sep '15 The realist 3
suboxone (Aug '15) Aug '15 shannon3660 2
News Good Friday Night for Holland & Hope Dutch; GVS... (Dec '12) Dec '14 Blackhorse 2

Coopersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coopersville Mortgages