Settlement near in Coopersville hazing

Settlement near in Coopersville hazing

There are 9 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Dec 19, 2008, titled Settlement near in Coopersville hazing. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

There's a proposed settlement in the Coopersville High School hazing lawsuit. Two of the victims in the case have filed motions in Federal Court to approve settlements with three of the students accused of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

Syracuse, NY

#1 Dec 19, 2008
The coaches certainly must have known what was going on. If nothing else, they fostered the "jock" mentality which led to these crimes. They should be fired.

Garden City, MI

#2 Dec 19, 2008
Whoah, what happened to the $90 million suit filed? Seems like maybe someone was out for a little cash but finally realized the school wasn't at fault here.
go to bed already

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Dec 19, 2008
i still cant believe what had happened there. yeah all school teams have its own hazing. but a brush is the butt come on. really?? back in the day at my school if a team mate would have said hey lets stick a brush up his butt that guy would have been the one who was hazed for saying a stupid thing. well i guess thats the difference between coopersville and grps

Grand Rapids, MI

#4 Dec 19, 2008
are the guys that got hazed at least hot??? i wanna see pics of them...:)

“Have a nice day!”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#5 Dec 20, 2008
Sometimes money is the only thing that prompts school districts to wake up.

Grand Rapids, MI

#6 Dec 20, 2008
Yet another example that High School sports are gay.

#7 Dec 20, 2008
Poor kid... will never be able to look at a toothbrush as being a friend again.

United States

#8 Dec 21, 2008
I don't agree with the hazing and there needs to be consequences, but why the greed. Oh something happened to now I need to sue. Lawsuits have gotten out of hand in this country.

United States

#9 Jan 10, 2009
I have a son that was recently hazed when 4 upperclassmen threw him on the floor and proceded a sexual assault with a marker. Until it happens to your child, you don't know what you will do, especially when the school and administrators will not take responsibility and the victims usually wind up getting victimized over and over and over. I had to switch my son to 2 different schools after this incident and he is in counseling. The schools should pay...after all...they are supposed to be looking out for the safety of our children. We as parents shouldn't have to worry about sending our children to school or allowing them to play sports.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coopersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Coopersville, MI (Jan '11) Sep 21 The realist 3
suboxone Aug '15 shannon3660 2
News Door flies out of trailer near Allendale, strik... Jul '15 Jim bob 1
News Good Friday Night for Holland & Hope Dutch; GVS... (Dec '12) Dec '14 Blackhorse 2
News Grand Rapids man robbed at Nunica Rest Stop (Jan '09) Sep '14 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 7
News Traffic Blog: New Construction, Traffic News (May '14) May '14 Joe Norton 1
News Marriage equality 2014: Michigan issues 1st gay... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Oneal 34
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coopersville Mortgages