Icy roads cause traffic tie-ups

Road conditions caused numerous accidents and traffic back-ups Wednesday morning, leaving police to advise drivers to stay off the highway if possible. Full Story
Jeremy

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Feb 20, 2008
I am VERY disappointed in the Kent County Road Commission. A lot of people praise them for their hard work and their diligence. However, if you travel US131 everyday, you would know exactly how frustrated I am. It seems like every morning for the last month has been a dangerous and stressful drive. When it's not the snow and ice, it's the potholes. I really do believe they have been off their game this year.

Since: Aug 07

Greater Grand Rapids

#2 Feb 20, 2008
Jeremy wrote:
I am VERY disappointed in the Kent County Road Commission. A lot of people praise them for their hard work and their diligence. However, if you travel US131 everyday, you would know exactly how frustrated I am. It seems like every morning for the last month has been a dangerous and stressful drive. When it's not the snow and ice, it's the potholes. I really do believe they have been off their game this year.
The road commission only has so much money to work with. Limted funds mean limited money to pay for repairs and other items. I would be more upset with the state for lack of funds than I would the county workers. You can only do so much with so little.
Ross

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Feb 20, 2008
Does this really surprise anyone? It is ridiculous trying to drive anywhere near the fools on the road. Every year we get a constant reminder of just how incompetent some people are behind the wheel. I feel perfectly safe driving by myself, but if you add other people on the roads, it scares me because I have seen how idiotic people are when it even RAINS. Minimum competency tests should be administered every winter, and if you fail you don't drive. If you can not handle a car in the winter, you have no place on the roads. Also driving two miles an hour is not a smart alternative. I believe that these people driving slow in the middle of the road cause more accidents than they prevent. I just don't understand how these people recieved Driver's Licenses in the first place, its just amazing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coopersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grand Rapids man robbed at Nunica Rest Stop (Jan '09) Sep '14 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 7
Traffic Blog: New Construction, Traffic News (May '14) May '14 Joe Norton 1
Marriage equality 2014: Michigan issues 1st gay... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Oneal 34
More line crews invited to Michigan to rep... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Tony 1
Dessert Wars, Jammies and Coopersville Outhouse... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Cville Chili Cook... 2
rigged accident (Dec '12) Dec '12 Pat 1
Good Friday Night for Holland & Hope Dutch; GVS... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Concerned 1
Coopersville Dating
Find my Match

Coopersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Coopersville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Coopersville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:26 am PST

NBC Sports 5:26AM
Golden Tate on Sunday's loss: It's embarrassing