Pacherille ~ "Coop Hall of Shame" ~ T...

Pacherille ~ "Coop Hall of Shame" ~ Time to Move Forward!!

Posted in the Cooperstown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 11

Painted Post, NY

#1 Aug 17, 2011
Enough already.
Stop telling people to "Boycott Cooperstown." Stop posting all the "Boycott Cooperstown" videos all around the internet.
We love this village.
And we want it back.
Just like it was.
Only with valuable lessons learned.

Our community needs to heal.
Both of the family's need to heal.
One has handled this case with dignity and grace.
The other has handled it with every thing but. To refer to it as "disgraceful behavior" is a gross understatment.

The CoopHallOfShame website ( www.coophallofshame.com ) is beyond ridiculous.
I hope someone forces the site's creator(s) to take it down due to copyright infringement issues, as they used the HOF logo on this site, a site that throws so many people under the bus, slams it in reverse, and drives right back over them again. It's unbelievable.

On this site (or on YouTube), you'll find many horrible videos with content ranging from referring to DA John Muehl as "A Proud Gay American" to insulting Tracey Lippitt about her appearance, referring to her as "Amazon Woman." The creator(s) also insinuated that Craig Lippitt thought his young daughter's tragic death was amusing. The dozen or so videos that portray DA John Muehl as a nazi, a cowboy, Napolean, and several others, are juvenile at best. The evident seething disdain flowing through the blood of the site's creator is enough to understand where the intolerance and neo-fascism comes from, and more importantly, why hate breeds hate.

Stop already. Let the rest of us live in peace. And let the tourists come here freely for what they would like to experience.
Please and thank you.

Since: Aug 11

Painted Post, NY

#2 Aug 18, 2011
This just in: www.coophallofshame.com/boycott/
This site is full of lies, as is the parent site, www.coophallofshame.com .
I think this guy has forgotten that the boy Anthony shot has to, for the rest of his life, live with the fact that someone once tried to murder him. Wesley is the victim in this. He didn't ask to be gunned down. This must have been a nightmare for him and his family.
I see Anthony as a product of his home environment. The values and beliefs ingrained in him from a very young age have caused him to carry much hate toward anyone who isn't white.
It's an insult to those struggling with mental illness to justify Anthony's behavior by stating that his mental illness alone caused him to attempt to murder Wes. There are millions of people who are mentally ill, undoubtedly many of whom were the victims of bullies, who DON'T try to blow someone's brains out as a result, and then claim that it's okay because it was only a "flesh wound." The Pacherille family feel, and have stated that the attempted murder of Wes Lippitt was justified, due to the mental illness and possibly bullying Anthony had experienced. In fact, Anthony's parents are blaming EVRYONE but Anthony himself.
Anthony's bigoted, intolerant and pro-fascist beliefs are deep-seeded and a direct result of his upbringing in an intolerant, bigoted environment. Children don't just become racist fascists. It is clear by the videos that his father is anti-gay and basically anti-anything that involves minorities, including anyone who's not involved in the Catholic church.
I do believe Anthony's sentence was harsh, given the fact that he's never been in trouble with the law before. BUT, Anthony himself has admitted in open court that if he was free, there was a chance he would hurt someone again. When asked what he would be doing if not in jail he told his psychiatrist he was afraid that "something would happen again, something bad."
He cannot be free at this time. The community wouldn't be safe.
His words were: "I don't even want to live in this world. N--gers and Jews will bring this country down but no one seems to see it coming. All of these social parasites _ N---ers, Jews, Mexicans, South Americans. The Nazis were the last chance to secure the power of Europe and the white race. I don't want to live in a world where there is no white majority. The meaning of life died when Europe's power declined and fascism failed. There is no point in living. I can no longer sit here and watch the blacks and Jews taking over everything that white people created. The damn Jews and N---ers have won. My last words will be Hitler lives."
People, this is a clear example of the detrimental effects of raising your child in an environment that supports only a white majority, and is not accepting of anyone who doesn't fit that mold.
So please, talk to your children about accepting others regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, etc. etc. Teach your children that it's unacceptable to be unaccepting. Teach them that society won't tolerate racial, ethnic or religous biases, and that if they act out because of them, there will be consequences.
Mike

Long Eddy, NY

#3 Dec 26, 2011
Living in the perfect village, I think we all walk around with blinders on. If you say we are the perfect village enough times you will start to belive it.

Think of the drug busts this year. Think of the police chasing a drug dealer through our schools durning recess with guns drawn.

For the olderfolks that lived through the times of the villages being a swinger town its time to face the times.

Why do all the highly educated people here deal with the schools admin. issues. Why because they have their blinders on, or they dont want to loose their job at the hospital.

If any other "high end" town had these issues, people would be fired. But not here, maybe the village people are not as smart as they want us to believe.

The principals kids are bullies, the shop keepers kids are bullies but with rose colored glasses all is well... Until someone dies.
Your kids are not safe

Callicoon Center, NY

#5 Apr 17, 2012
Reg. Sex offender lives 30 feet from the local park!

Not to worry Cooperstown knows how to cover it up. they have had years of practice.

Underage driking party..Again.. Kids get busted for underage drinking party in someones home.. Parents bought the liquire...Again.

Not to worry Cooperstown knows how to cover it up. they have had years of practice.

Teacher is an offender... gets cought having relations with young girls. one of them had a mental disability. Teacher gets demoted. Not to worry. Its Cooperstown.
hahhahah

Brooklyn, NY

#6 May 18, 2012
Your kids are not safe wrote:
Reg. Sex offender lives 30 feet from the local park!

Underage driking party..Again.. Kids get busted for underage drinking party in someones home.. Parents bought the liquire...Again.

Teacher is an offender... gets cought having relations with young girls. one of them had a mental disability. Teacher gets demoted. Not to worry. Its Cooperstown.
What the eff is liquire?!?!?
Maybe it's good the smart people are in charge...
Move Already

Binghamton, NY

#7 Jun 9, 2012
Yes, we know you think your family was wrong.
You've made that clear.
Sooner or later though, you'll accept it and move on. You may not think so, but you will.

You skew the actions of others in your own twisted mind. Saying that a peaceful march was in support of pedophilia made most of laugh at how stupid that sounded. You're making a fool of yourself and you don't even realize it because you're clouded by emotion.

The Pacherille kid was racist beyond words, and was NOT born that way. He was TAUGHT that at HOME. Unfortunately, he is paying the ultimate price, and I think many, many locals feel this way. Mental illness doesn't make one racist and fascist. One's upbringing does.

It's natural to look for blame elsewhere, but that must be exhausting.

Bottom line - if you hate Cooperstown and its residents so much, then just move. Move somewhere where you can be happy.
Dave Pacherille

Little Falls, NY

#8 May 17, 2013
I will not stop until I choose to stop. Other "cooplovers" dared to arrest me for the site and you now see where that led. The charges were found to infringe upon my civil rights and it gave me a fine lawsuit against Otsego County and DA John Muehl. Thank you. I will think of you while I spend the money.

I respect your right to state your opinion, but what bothers me is your refusal to use your name. What are you afraid of? To attack me and others in my family without stating your name is cowardly. Typical of many worms I have met in America's unholy village.

You could be Craig Lippitt, Jane Clark or DA Muehl himself. So if you wish to exercise your God given right to speak please have the honor to name yourself.
mike

Waverly, NY

#9 May 24, 2013
Judge burns, john muehl, and mike ten ecky are all corrupt
quincy

Herkimer, NY

#10 Jul 27, 2013
CoopLover wrote:
Enough already.
Stop telling people to "Boycott Cooperstown." Stop posting all the "Boycott Cooperstown" videos all around the internet.
We love this village.
And we want it back.
Just like it was.
Only with valuable lessons learned.
Our community needs to heal.
Both of the family's need to heal.
One has handled this case with dignity and grace.
The other has handled it with every thing but. To refer to it as "disgraceful behavior" is a gross understatment.
The CoopHallOfShame website ( www.coophallofshame.com ) is beyond ridiculous.
I hope someone forces the site's creator(s) to take it down due to copyright infringement issues, as they used the HOF logo on this site, a site that throws so many people under the bus, slams it in reverse, and drives right back over them again. It's unbelievable.
On this site (or on YouTube), you'll find many horrible videos with content ranging from referring to DA John Muehl as "A Proud Gay American" to insulting Tracey Lippitt about her appearance, referring to her as "Amazon Woman." The creator(s) also insinuated that Craig Lippitt thought his young daughter's tragic death was amusing. The dozen or so videos that portray DA John Muehl as a nazi, a cowboy, Napolean, and several others, are juvenile at best. The evident seething disdain flowing through the blood of the site's creator is enough to understand where the intolerance and neo-fascism comes from, and more importantly, why hate breeds hate.
Stop already. Let the rest of us live in peace. And let the tourists come here freely for what they would like to experience.
Please and thank you.
When will he be eligible for parole?
Orin Madden

Jamaica, NY

#11 Jul 27, 2013
Dave Pacherille wrote:
I will not stop until I choose to stop. Other "cooplovers" dared to arrest me for the site and you now see where that led. The charges were found to infringe upon my civil rights and it gave me a fine lawsuit against Otsego County and DA John Muehl. Thank you. I will think of you while I spend the money.
I respect your right to state your opinion, but what bothers me is your refusal to use your name. What are you afraid of? To attack me and others in my family without stating your name is cowardly. Typical of many worms I have met in America's unholy village.
You could be Craig Lippitt, Jane Clark or DA Muehl himself. So if you wish to exercise your God given right to speak please have the honor to name yourself.
You should be ashamed of yourself. Your relative tried to murder someone. Let me say it again clearly, little Anthony Jr tried to murder a fellow kid. Wheres the responsibility? Are you saying Anthony Jr is justified committing attempted murder? I understand he's your family but really where is your head at. It's your family's attitude that breed the hate inside Anthony. He's guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt. The facts are facts. Anthony fired twice in a police department no less, not once....twice. He tried to take his own life. It's irresponsible to blame anyone, or even mental illness. This country is full of people who've been bullied, who have mental illness, and slews of other difficult problems who don't go out to attempt pre-meditated murder. They don't pen racist statements like Anthony's apparent suicide note. I have no idea whether Anthony was bullied or not, but I dare you to say that that would a justifiable reason to commit murder. It is not. Murder has no place in society. I would hope that as adults your maturity and rationale would see the day through, but by your blaming everyone but the one committing the crime you show exactly how Anthony Jr upbringing and family dynamic brought about his hate, his narrow minded way of thinking. So perhaps you and your family should take a long look in the mirror, and ask yourself if you contributed to the sad sad incident that almost cost the lives of 2 children.

Orin Madden
Brady Louis Jones IV

Atlanta, GA

#12 Jul 27, 2013
This is exactly why I will never visit Cooperstown. As much as I love baseball (my grandfather played in the Negro Leagues, no less) and enjoy working in baseball, small town America is STILL very frightening for a minority. There is always a chance you could be at the wrong place, at the wrong time and the consequences for that could unfortunately include death.
The website and twitter account pervaded by Dave Pacherille is disgusting and reflects negatively on Cooperstown. Any outsider could easily be swayed to think the entire town is full of Dave Pacherilles, a sentiment that can't be good for the economy of the 'Perfect Village'.(How are those new Main Street parking meters working out for you guys?)
Why send your kids to Dreams Park when you could enroll them in a better overall program at East Cobb Baseball Academy in Atlanta? Dreams Park isn't actually in Cooperstown anyway.
-- Brady Louis Jones, IV
-- Atlanta, GA
-- Lead TV Editor for the Atlanta Braves, St. Louis Cardinals, FOX, MLB Network, FOX South, Turner Sports
Billy

Herkimer, NY

#13 Aug 1, 2013
Brady Louis Jones IV wrote:
This is exactly why I will never visit Cooperstown. As much as I love baseball (my grandfather played in the Negro Leagues, no less) and enjoy working in baseball, small town America is STILL very frightening for a minority. There is always a chance you could be at the wrong place, at the wrong time and the consequences for that could unfortunately include death.
The website and twitter account pervaded by Dave Pacherille is disgusting and reflects negatively on Cooperstown. Any outsider could easily be swayed to think the entire town is full of Dave Pacherilles, a sentiment that can't be good for the economy of the 'Perfect Village'.(How are those new Main Street parking meters working out for you guys?)
Why send your kids to Dreams Park when you could enroll them in a better overall program at East Cobb Baseball Academy in Atlanta? Dreams Park isn't actually in Cooperstown anyway.
-- Brady Louis Jones, IV
-- Atlanta, GA
-- Lead TV Editor for the Atlanta Braves, St. Louis Cardinals, FOX, MLB Network, FOX South, Turner Sports
I don't blame you for feeling the way you do, however,the incident in Cooperstown was a very isolated one. You should come to visit and feel safe,that was an extremely rare event. The Pacherilles have moved out of town. Wesley Lippit's family still lives there and is well thought of. Unlike a lot of caucasions, I do "get it." I don't live in Cooperstown, but I visit frequently. I know I'll never really know what it feels like to have someone suspect or hate me because of the color of my skin. I understand that people of color are perceived differently, and that is a reality. God Bless!!
Dave Pacherille

Little Falls, NY

#14 Nov 1, 2013
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>I don't blame you for feeling the way you do, however,the incident in Cooperstown was a very isolated one. You should come to visit and feel safe,that was an extremely rare event. The Pacherilles have moved out of town. Wesley Lippit's family still lives there and is well thought of. Unlike a lot of caucasions, I do "get it." I don't live in Cooperstown, but I visit frequently. I know I'll never really know what it feels like to have someone suspect or hate me because of the color of my skin. I understand that people of color are perceived differently, and that is a reality. God Bless!!
What a load of crap. Why not mention that until the 1960's blacks had to be out of the perfect village by sundown. Why not mention that the biggest redneck good ol' boy is District Attorney John Muehl. As a member of an Italian family that has lived in Herkimer for over 100 years it is well known that Cooperstown has a history of being Wonder bread white and hostile to outsiders. Tell potential visitors to Cooperstown exactly how many blacks or Latinos they should expect to meet in Cooperstown. Nearly ZERO. Wesley Lippitt is one of a small handful of minorities that attended CCS and he was singled out because he is a tormentor and a bully, not because he is black.
Dave Pacherille

Little Falls, NY

#15 Nov 1, 2013
And I forgot to mention, I didn't move anywhere. I won't leave. Ever. If only to remind the people of the injustice that was committed here.
Orin Madden

Richmond Hill, NY

#16 Nov 3, 2013
injustice, haha, your relative tried to murder a kid, the only injustice is that he may be set free someday, your nobody special
Lucy

East Northport, NY

#17 Feb 11, 2014
I don't think 11 years for attempted murder is harsh. Should they wait for the second time he tries to murder someone, when his aim gets better? Otherwise I agree with you.
Coop is not racist

Cooperstown, NY

#18 Mar 14, 2014
I've lived in Cooperstown for many years, and I don't see racism. I see kindness everywhere. I hear there are snobby people here and there, but I've never met any of them. It is a safe place to raise children and I love it here. The Pacherille incident was extremely isolated. The general feel of the community is that it's a relief that the Pacherille's moved out. I respect that they're outspoken and advocate for their son, but he did try to murder someone and the parents need not blame mental illness. Blaming it on mental illness is insulting to people who have legitimate mental illness and function well in society without feeling the need or desire to kill someone! I do think Anthony Pacherille's family didn't help his case by the things they did. The general feel of the community is that it's laughable. I'm surprised they're not embarrassed by the verbal written attacks Dave Pacherille makes toward Wes Lippitt and his family, and the DA and Judge Burns. He actually went to Judge Burns' house!! That's crazy! I'm glad they're gone, and so is the community. When Anthony moves out, he won't be welcomed here. We may be a lily-white community, but we protect our own. We are not racist.
former coop

Oneonta, NY

#19 May 13, 2015
Wes Lippit, was a bully before and remained a bully after the incident. He feels untouchable and is a bad seed. He worked one summer at the Hall of Fame after the incident. They were afraid to fire him because of pr but he bullied lots of younger kids there including messing with their lunches etc. That's why he was quietly not brought back. Sometimes you bully so much that someone just snaps. Tragic all around but Wes is no innocent victim and helped bring things on himself
Around Coop a long time

Brewerton, NY

#20 Mar 21, 2016
Coop is not racist wrote:
I've lived in Cooperstown for many years, and I don't see racism. I see kindness everywhere. I hear there are snobby people here and there, but I've never met any of them. It is a safe place to raise children and I love it here. The Pacherille incident was extremely isolated. The general feel of the community is that it's a relief that the Pacherille's moved out. I respect that they're outspoken and advocate for their son, but he did try to murder someone and the parents need not blame mental illness. Blaming it on mental illness is insulting to people who have legitimate mental illness and function well in society without feeling the need or desire to kill someone! I do think Anthony Pacherille's family didn't help his case by the things they did. The general feel of the community is that it's laughable. I'm surprised they're not embarrassed by the verbal written attacks Dave Pacherille makes toward Wes Lippitt and his family, and the DA and Judge Burns. He actually went to Judge Burns' house!! That's crazy! I'm glad they're gone, and so is the community. When Anthony moves out, he won't be welcomed here. We may be a lily-white community, but we protect our own. We are not racist.
Too bad you had to drink the coolaid. I grew up in Coop and graduated from there. This behavior has always existed along with the drug issues. The bigger issue is that people believe there own BS and think it is a perfect place. Trust me when I say (now at 40+ years old) that they need to pull their heads out of that dark hole and see what is really happening... Crack down on these idiots and get rid of the leadership that was born and raised there and maybe they can enter the modern era with the rest of the world.
Disgusting

Schenectady, NY

#21 Jul 23, 2016
Wow disgusting

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cooperstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JenchrisgreenSa (Nov '14) Tue Rich spring 7
Duane Sprague ( surveyor ) Mar 21 Doall 2
News Oneonta woman accused of card thefts (Feb '07) Mar 14 Kate 55
News Another Home sold in 14 days in Middle Village,NY Mar 11 jim turano 3
News Juniper Valley Park to undergo several renovations Mar 11 jim turano 1
Chad Dziadick Mar 6 UakBitches 1
Do you have dreams? (Aug '12) Mar 1 Iwantthem 2

Cooperstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance