Polar Scoops ice cream shops to open

Polar Scoops ice cream shops to open

There are 19 comments on the Daily Star story from Apr 27, 2010, titled Polar Scoops ice cream shops to open. In it, Daily Star reports that:

Disqus Polar Scoops ice cream shops to open By Tom Grace Cooperstown News Bureau COOPERSTOWN _ Griffin Gillette's ice cream business, Polar Scoops, is poised to open Saturday in the former Java Joe's restaurant on state Route 28, just south of Cooperstown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Star.

Chris

AOL

#1 May 12, 2010
I used to own an ice cream shop in cooperstown. I did not do very well. So i closed up shop 5 years ago. I hope Mr. Gillette does better in cooperstown, Than i did.
GWAD

United States

#2 May 14, 2010
My wife and I were at the shop on wednesday 5/12/10. They have a wonderful selection of hard and soft ice cream and a great tasting yogurt that was like soft ice cream. Also, they have a large selection of various food items to eat for lunch or a simple dinner. GOOD LUCK to them.
Natalie

Monument, CO

#3 May 16, 2010
NOPE! The best ice cream in the whole world is Pikes Peak Ice Cream and Gelato! I had my birthday party there! THE BEST, THE WORKS!
Mary

Johnson City, NY

#4 May 23, 2010
Great food, GREAT Ice Cream, Friendly staff. Been there a couple of tiimes already, had the tuna salad & of course several ice cream cones. Unbeatable. Can't wait for them to open in Oneonta. Good luck Griff!
Robert

Painted Post, NY

#5 Jun 13, 2010
I just got back from the grand opening of the Polar Scoops in Oneonta, the place has great food, ice cream and the atmosphere is terrific for kids. I recommend everyone give it a shot.
Sue

Irmo, SC

#6 Jun 13, 2010
My family of 6 went there today also all the way from Cortland and had a blast! The food was really good, the icecream was so mmmmmmm and the restaurant decor was second to none! So friendly and fun! Hope they open one up closer to our neighborhood! Polar Scoops you ROCK!

JIMMY T

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#7 Jun 14, 2010
hello! THIS IS NOT MIDDLE VILLAGE NEWS!
silly sally

United States

#8 Jun 14, 2010
Sue wrote:
My family of 6 went there today also all the way from Cortland and had a blast! The food was really good, the icecream was so mmmmmmm and the restaurant decor was second to none! So friendly and fun! Hope they open one up closer to our neighborhood! Polar Scoops you ROCK!
Thanks I'll have to check it out
Sandy

Horseheads, NY

#9 Jun 23, 2010
Everyone's whining about the prices. I say go get ice cream elsewhere if it's too expensive...BUT, after a friend yesterday asked for one small squirt of hershey syrup on his dish of ice cream, and I mean ONE SMALL SQUIRT (& not even hot fudge) and it cost $1...I'm whining too! Business is business but if they'd of just given the teaspoon for nothing, I would've rushed back--not so sure now (whine whine). I wouldn't even have posted this if I could find a website for them / the owners. Good luck tho! I'll be down on rt. 7...ha!
Candy

Oneonta, NY

#10 Jul 1, 2010
Back again...CANNED mushrooms on the mushroom burger! NO WAY...I will NOT return.
upset upstate new yorker

Johnson City, NY

#11 Jul 8, 2010
When I takes my pills all ice cream is good.
judy donn

Oneonta, NY

#12 Jul 28, 2010
The prices are outrageous!!!!! You have spend a fortune to sit on a picnic table give me a break. I go to sprinkles just outside of otego they rock..
Jim B

Vestal, NY

#13 Aug 2, 2010
I must say the food prices are very high. This is Oneonta, not NYC. I have found burgers and fries for much less and very fulfilling. I am not talking MickeyD's either. I wish him the best, but unless he lowers the prices and then I think you will do OK, if not it won't be long.

JIMMY T

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#14 Aug 4, 2010
will someone give attention to Cooperstown polar scoops ice cream shops,roboblogger, and daily star who seem to have lost their way all the way to posting in middle village,new york. Desperate, but polar scoops means nothing here. Try Alaska.

“Ron Paul 2012”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#15 Aug 10, 2010
What is the price for a burger and fries?

I think it's about 10 bucks.

Oneonta is not,nor will it ever be a tourist trap.

Good luck Polar Scoops.I'm pretty sure they got a whole bunch of funding[loans] from the great people who run Otsego county.

Oneonta will NEVER be a COOPERSTOWN......
Cathy

Horseheads, NY

#16 Aug 15, 2010
I notice when dining at Polar Scoops Oneonta that all the kitchen staff are standing in full view of the dining room wolfing down snacks and dipping chips into a crock of chili? WHAT THE ? Can't the workers get a dinner break, NOT be eating while serving our food, or at least not do it in full view of the customers? OH NO!
Jersey Girl

Norwalk, CT

#17 Sep 24, 2010
Spent a long weekend in Cooperstown and had a craving for ice cream, so I stopped by Polar Scoops (never heard of them). I AM SO GLAD I DID! The ice cream is incredible - creamy, fresh natural flavor, smooth. There aren't enough words to describe how great it was. Hope Polar Scoops is successful for many decades to come.
Jerry

United States

#18 Oct 22, 2010
Is polar scoops closed??
Cathy

Oneonta, NY

#19 Nov 4, 2010
Polar Scoops ONEONTA closed. I see they tried to have specials toward the end...listed on some cryptically hand written sign...too late! Their Cooperstown location will open summers--locals surely can't afford their prices and won't tolerate the quality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cooperstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thinking of selling your Home? Nov 18 jimmyturano 1
How bad is Bassett? 200 job openings bad. (Jun '15) Oct '16 bung 7
You got a mortgage after purchasing a home a ye... Oct '16 JimTurano 1
Real Estate by Jim Turano/Broker-The Real Deal ... Oct '16 adelescalfani 1
News Remember When Part 2.... Real Estate Oct '16 JimTurano 1
Pacherille ~ "Coop Hall of Shame" ~ Time to Mov... (Aug '11) Sep '16 Karl morris 21
Penrod (Oct '09) Sep '16 Karl morris 2

Cooperstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cooperstown Mortgages