Goodyear Lake Sheriffs Boat

Goodyear Lake Sheriffs Boat

Posted in the Cooperstown Forum

Gail Billings

Spencer, NY

#1 Sep 13, 2008
The Sheriffs department should have a boat that patrols the river from portlandville north. We have traveled all the way to the 166 bridge with our boat. It seems a shame that all this can't be patroled or accessed because the boat can't get under the bridge.
Vince S

Johnson City, NY

#2 Aug 30, 2009
We should be greatful for the sheriff we have. I'm sure he has a good reason for the poor job patroling the Goodyear lake area this season.
Makes Ya Wonder

Johnson City, NY

#5 Sep 7, 2009
There has been a lack of weekend boat patrol this season on Goodyear Lake. You can see boaters openly drinking alcohol while driving their boats along with other boating law violations.
The sheriff along with the Milford Fire dept did put on a wonderful SHOW on MONDAY AUG 17. THEY WERE PRACTICING PULLING BODIES OUT OF THE LAKE. I guess they figure if you slack off on the weekend patrol the next best thing is to practice pulling bodies out of the water. See pics of this drill on the sheriffs web site.
the truth

Syracuse, NY

#6 Jul 20, 2010
Seriously? do you really need a patrol. are the boaters that sit in one place and drink really bothering you? seriously? "makes ya wonder" your probably some stupid fisherman that is jealous of all the other people having fun on their boats when your stuck fishing alone in your inflatable canoe
upset upstate new yorker

Johnson City, NY

#7 Oct 17, 2010
the truth wrote:
Seriously? do you really need a patrol. are the boaters that sit in one place and drink really bothering you? seriously? "makes ya wonder" your probably some stupid fisherman that is jealous of all the other people having fun on their boats when your stuck fishing alone in your inflatable canoe
Your truth fails.
You are probably one of these drunk boaters that prowl this lake and river ready to kill someone. Have your fun dumb ass because the sheriff doesn't care ether.
George

Johnson City, NY

#8 Nov 13, 2010
Get rid of this worthless boat that sits at the dock empty all summer and save the taxpayers money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cooperstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pacherille ~ "Coop Hall of Shame" ~ Time to Mov... (Aug '11) Jul '16 Disgusting 20
Jay garnsey Jul '16 Concerned 8
News Driver Backing Up to Park Severely Injures Cycl... Jul '16 a Native middle v... 1
real estate-what seniors and all tenants must k... Jul '16 vicent 1
popular umpire let go at cooperstown dreams park Jun '16 FRIENDS OF FRANK 1
rscs (Sep '14) Jun '16 Yup 3
tenants with 1,2,3 dogs looking for an apartmen... Jun '16 vicent 2

Cooperstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cooperstown Mortgages