justsayin

Perkasie, PA

#42 Feb 16, 2013
Lotto wrote:
http://www.phillyburbs.com/my_ town/quakertown/crash-victim-h as-serious-brain-injury/articl e_8b789a83-40bd-5a67-add6-6017 003911ae.html
I saw this last evening, and thank you for sharing the link, as I didn't know how to. There are some who I am sure are truly concerned about the condition of the injured man. In fact, until this article, there was confusion as to whether he survived, so thank you again. Please help with prayers for recovery for the victim, if it is within your beliefs. God does amazing things!!
Just a reader

Langhorne, PA

#43 Feb 16, 2013
All the nasty comments here toward the police are disgusting. Accident reconstruction takes a lot of time, especially if the experts must come from over an hour away. Someone was critically injured and the authorities needed to figure out WHY it happened. If this was you, or someone you know, wouldn't you want the police to do everything possible to get answers so that the appropriate actions could be taken afterwards? Instead all you guys can do is complain because you were inconvenienced when a man may lose his life. Real classy. If they'd rushed through it just to get the road open then realized later they'd missed crucial information you guys would all be pointing fingers at the cops for rushing and not doing their jobs.

And if anyone remembers, back several months ago when a little girl was killed and her grandmother left seriously injured in Doylestown, Rt 611 was closed for quite a while after the accident to investigate. Weeks later they even closed the highway down to recreate the circumstances. All this information is now being used in the murder trial against the driver who caused it all.

So have a little respect, people. It's not all about you.
philsphan

Sellersville, PA

#44 Feb 16, 2013
They need to make that left turn from 309N onto Pumping Station a turn only on arrow, not a left turn yeild on green. And for God's sake extend that turning lane on 309N, it's terrible. Very dangerous intersection.
SwineSniffer

Newtown Square, PA

#45 Feb 17, 2013
philsphan wrote:
They need to make that left turn from 309N onto Pumping Station a turn only on arrow, not a left turn yeild on green. And for God's sake extend that turning lane on 309N, it's terrible. Very dangerous intersection.
Yeah right. They won't even clear the roads after a snow storm.
Agreed

Broomall, PA

#46 Feb 17, 2013
philsphan wrote:
They need to turn that left turn lane into something like the one at Station Rd and 309...open ended to take care of the bottleneck at rush hour.

They had the same problem several years ago with the left turn lane on 309N at Tollgate and they lengthened it. It's fine now.

Also, the left turn lanes on Pumping Station Rd should have arrows. I just don't understand why they were never implemented in the first place.

The same can be said of the left turn lanes in town at Broad and Main. It would make traffic flow much better.

The rule should be that if you have a dedicated turn lane, then you should have left signal for that lane.
Lotto

Perkasie, PA

#47 Feb 17, 2013
Agreed wrote:
<quoted text>The rule should be that if you have a dedicated turn lane, then you should have left signal for that lane.
There are plenty of times when no one wants to make a left turn. Under your idea, everyone on 309 would have to sit and wait. That's crazy.
Curious

Langhorne, PA

#48 Feb 19, 2013
Just wondering if anyone has any more details about this accident. The last I read the pickup driver had a serious brain injury and hadn't been identified.

Plus I'm just wondering how the accident happened. My coworker and I were looking at the pics and can't quite figure out who did what to cause the vehicles to end up the way they did. But we've not been able to find any info online about what exactly happened. Anyone know?
Question

Perkasie, PA

#49 Feb 19, 2013
Curious wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has any more details about this accident. The last I read the pickup driver had a serious brain injury and hadn't been identified.
Plus I'm just wondering how the accident happened. My coworker and I were looking at the pics and can't quite figure out who did what to cause the vehicles to end up the way they did. But we've not been able to find any info online about what exactly happened. Anyone know?
There's a link to a newspaper article in post #41.
Curious

Chalfont, PA

#50 Feb 19, 2013
Apparently my last reply got eaten...

I've read the article but it does not really tell you anything other than a tractor trailer and pickup collided and that the pickup driver was seriously hurt. I'm just curious about how exactly the accident happened but there's been no info on that.
Bob

Sellersville, PA

#51 Feb 19, 2013
Shloppy wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to call anyone an idiot. We are just used to the RTPD being a major embarrassment in everything they do. Idiot.
Seriously Douchebag? I have an idea, why don't you and your friends compile a list of your names, the people who don't need to have their accident investigated when they get hit by a truck. Then you can forward the list to the authorities so they know not to waste their time on your pathetic a$$. I'm sure the "Jersey Douche" can figure out what happened for you, write a nice report and so on.
Shloppy

Philadelphia, PA

#52 Feb 19, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously Douchebag? I have an idea, why don't you and your friends compile a list of your names, the people who don't need to have their accident investigated when they get hit by a truck. Then you can forward the list to the authorities so they know not to waste their time on your pathetic a$$. I'm sure the "Jersey Douche" can figure out what happened for you, write a nice report and so on.
A little touchy today? Bob?
Too Funny

Souderton, PA

#53 Feb 20, 2013
Jersey Duke wrote:
Come on people. How could an accident investigation take from 10 am to 10 pm? Take some pictures and tow everything away. How many thousands of commuters were delayed? Richland police need some retraining, big time!
How do you retrain mall cops?
You Moron

Quakertown, PA

#54 Feb 20, 2013
Only you the biggest troll would say this ,Cruel mf. The pig from perkasie >>>>>> go back in your hole troll.
Too Funny wrote:
<quoted text>How do you retrain mall cops?
justsayin

Perkasie, PA

#55 Feb 20, 2013
Curious wrote:
Apparently my last reply got eaten...
I've read the article but it does not really tell you anything other than a tractor trailer and pickup collided and that the pickup driver was seriously hurt. I'm just curious about how exactly the accident happened but there's been no info on that.
I'm curious as to why you continue to stay focused only on how the accident happened. Not sure what difference it makes, but that's only my opinion. I'm curious (and very interested) about an updated report on the condition of the severely injured man. I'm hoping for
a report that says his condition has been upgraded, even if slightly. That would be a worthy post.
Freddy

Sellersville, PA

#56 Feb 20, 2013
justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious as to why you continue to stay focused only on how the accident happened. Not sure what difference it makes, but that's only my opinion. I'm curious (and very interested) about an updated report on the condition of the severely injured man. I'm hoping for
a report that says his condition has been upgraded, even if slightly. That would be a worthy post.
I guess it's up to the family to release at this point. With HIPA rules, the hospital won't release anything.
janna

Newtown Square, PA

#57 Feb 20, 2013
A friend of mine watched this entire accident happen. The tractor trailer ran the red light.
Reds

Newtown Square, PA

#58 Feb 20, 2013
...and one time, at band camp...
Curious

Chalfont, PA

#59 Feb 22, 2013
justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had noticed the first part of my post mentioned not knowing the current condition of the driver.

And excuse me for wondering how such a serious accident happened at such a dangerous intersection. I was only wondering because my coworker and I had looked at pictures and couldn't quite figure how how the accident happened to leave the vehicles as they were.

Next time I'll keep my curiosity to myself since the people on this board are more interested in being critical and nasty than in having actual discussions.
Shloppy

Newtown Square, PA

#60 Feb 22, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had noticed the first part of my post mentioned not knowing the current condition of the driver.
And excuse me for wondering how such a serious accident happened at such a dangerous intersection. I was only wondering because my coworker and I had looked at pictures and couldn't quite figure how how the accident happened to leave the vehicles as they were.
Next time I'll keep my curiosity to myself since the people on this board are more interested in being critical and nasty than in having actual discussions.
It's because they are all F'd in the Head!
Yuck

Quakertown, PA

#61 Feb 22, 2013
Shloppy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's because they are all F'd in the Head!
As are you. Get a grip.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coopersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don't hire Gail Marr of Young & Kline (Dec '12) Sun Tony 19
New Sign on 309 Sun Tired of it all 9
Sellersville Rentals Sun True Dat 2
auto repair Sun Djnova 2
I hate Jim Sulger (Nov '15) Sat Old Timer 4
News Quakertown Builds Dance Studio to Vie With Char... Nov 18 Prick Flair 1
Quakertown Walmart new monument Nov 15 Marty mcFries 1

Coopersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance