What is being build on 663?

Posted in the Coopersburg Forum

CitizenK

Hatfield, PA

#1 May 5, 2013
What is being built on 663 in the open field just past portzer?
qtown resident

Perkasie, PA

#2 May 5, 2013
A new development with homes and townhomes. Scheduled to have limited access on surrounding roads as of Tues.
Local

Hatfield, PA

#3 May 5, 2013
CitizenK wrote:
What is being built on 663 in the open field just past portzer?
On the South side it's more warehouses just like further down. On the North side it's the Milford Village development that goes all the way down to Mill Hill Rd.
Milford

Quakertown, PA

#4 May 5, 2013
I heard that it was part of St. Luke's Hospital
Expansion.
Local

Hatfield, PA

#5 May 6, 2013
Milford wrote:
I heard that it was part of St. Luke's Hospital
Expansion.
St. Luke's is proposed for 30 acres on Portzer Rd.

Read this:
http://articles.mcall.com/2012-09-12/news/mc-...

Milford Village back before supervisors
New approval needed with land purchase by St. Luke's Hospital and Health Network.
September 12, 2012|By Melinda Rizzo, Special to The Morning Call

Milford Village, a proposed mixed-use development that has been in the works for years, is back before Milford Township supervisors this time for changes that include 30 acres purchased by St. Luke's Hospital and Health Network.

Supervisors in July 2010 gave conditional approval to the 200-acre parcel that is bounded by Route 663, Mill Hill and Portzer roads, and owned by LifeQuest and Carracor LLC.

At the time, the plan called for 1,000 mostly age-restricted residential units, including a nursing home and assisted-living facility. In addition, it included 450,000 square feet of commercial and retail space.

Last year, St. Luke's purchased 30 acres in the northwest corner of Route 663 and Portzer Road from LifeQuest, saying it was running out of room at Quakertown Community Hospital. The changes require new approval.

During a recent supervisors meeting, Del Markward of Carracor LLC reviewed changes to the plan. While St. Luke's has yet to say how it will use the property, Markward said a medical center, hospital or cancer center could be part of the site.

Markward noted that some of the planned retail space is being shifted toward the northwest corner at Route 663 and Portzer Road.

Supervisors were also brought up to date on planned road improvements. Markward said he has been negotiating with the state Department of Transportation about original conditions, including plans to widen Route 663 to four lanes plus one turning lane, to add new traffic signals at Portzer Road and Commerce Drive, and to relocate Mill Hill Road, which supervisors have committed to closing off.

"There is no doubt our plan has been to reduce access to Mill Hill Road toward Quakertown, in the same way we have closed it off on the opposite side of the road," Milford Supervisor Chairman Robert Mansfield said.

The plan calls for Mill Hill Road to be rerouted through Milford Village. Homeowners on Mill Hill Road would have access via a proposed cul-de-sac

"My biggest concern is additional traffic on Mill Hill, including the traffic, which will be inevitable because of construction," resident Paul Nye said.

The timing of the public improvements depends on the phased construction of the property, township officials said.

"We don't know yet which of the phases we would begin building first," Markward said.

How the property will be serviced by public water and sewer remains unclear.

"This board has never dictated how water service is to be handled, it's up to the township's authority to make those recommendations," Milford Supervisor Chairman Robert Mansfield said.

Supervisors could vote on the changes at their next regular business meeting on Tuesday.
Lehigh Valley Resident

Philadelphia, PA

#6 May 6, 2013
The article above references the Northwest corner, the current construction is on the Southwest Corner. Based on the way it is being built, it appears to be a warehouse.
Local

Hatfield, PA

#7 May 6, 2013
Lehigh Valley Resident wrote:
The article above references the Northwest corner, the current construction is on the Southwest Corner. Based on the way it is being built, it appears to be a warehouse.
Correct. I was commenting on "Milford's" post about St. Luke's.
Kid Kong

Quakertown, PA

#8 May 23, 2013
Walls to keep my Dad from running into RT663
Millie

Quakertown, PA

#9 May 23, 2013
I believe it's a nut house to lock phillybou in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coopersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snow storm 1 hr Duh 3
Electrician? (Nov '13) 4 hr kody 14
Review: Milford Veterinary Clinic - Kathy L Jam... (Sep '09) 23 hr Opinion 279
How to remove arsenic from your Quakertown water (Dec '10) Tue Paul Bear 8
Is God Real? (Mar '13) Mon hmmm 267
Comcast sucks@!!! (Oct '11) Mon qtown mom 23
Bucks County News Feed (May '14) Sun yall r dumb 110

Coopersburg News Video

Coopersburg Dating
Find my Match