First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bethwhistler

Quakertown, PA

#21 Jun 16, 2013
Hootie wrote:
<quoted text>
Oregon is nice. You can get far away from anyone. You can be all by yourself. No one will bother you. You will be invisible to the world. No one will know you exist. And we won't have to listen to your incessant Whining. Now GO!
I've lived in various places over the years. I graduated from a college in the south, lived in Manhattan for several years, and have traveled all over the United States and the Middle East. I've made amazing friends every place I've gone and I still keep in touch via the internet. It's an amazing way to stay in touch with people whether they live twenty feet away or twenty miles or twenty hours flying time ...friends are friends always.

Hey, you buy my house and I'll gladly hit the road "Hootie," although Oregon isn't on my list. Perhaps one of the Hawaiian Islands but one that doesn't have a smoking volcano :-D
Hootie

Quakertown, PA

#22 Jun 16, 2013
bethwhistler wrote:
<quoted text>
I've lived in various places over the years. I graduated from a college in the south, lived in Manhattan for several years, and have traveled all over the United States and the Middle East. I've made amazing friends every place I've gone and I still keep in touch via the internet. It's an amazing way to stay in touch with people whether they live twenty feet away or twenty miles or twenty hours flying time ...friends are friends always.
Hey, you buy my house and I'll gladly hit the road "Hootie," although Oregon isn't on my list. Perhaps one of the Hawaiian Islands but one that doesn't have a smoking volcano :-D
That's all very nice, but I don't believe any of it. I'm going to burn wood in my Chiminea and you can go suck an egg. Goodnight.
church mouse trap

Sellersville, PA

#23 Jun 17, 2013
bethwhistler wrote:
No, not again!

I've always loved opening my windows in the evening and letting in the cool night air but over the last few years it seems people in housing developments think they're out in the woods at a campground. They stink up the whole neighborhood with smoke from who-knows-what? Smokers? Chimineas? I've already walked around town last year trying to figure out where it's coming from.

If you want an outdoor fire, you should go to a local campground and spare the people in their homes from feeling like they're living in a forest fire.

I know I'm not the only one with allergies. This smoke is aggravating my asthma and bronchial problems.

Please have mercy on the people with breathing problems and stop burning wood or whatever in the cramped Quakertown neighborhoods. Please!

Thank you!
Go back to church Aimee.
Stacy

Perkasie, PA

#24 Jun 17, 2013
bethwhistler wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a lady on here who did the ghost tours @ Mc Cools & was a writer. She went by the name of "bethwhistler" She died from lung cancer fairly recently. I hope you would not be so low as to use her name.
Mountainman

Quakertown, PA

#25 Jun 17, 2013
Stacy wrote:
<quoted text>There was a lady on here who did the ghost tours @ Mc Cools & was a writer. She went by the name of "bethwhistler" She died from lung cancer fairly recently. I hope you would not be so low as to use her name.
You're thinking of Beth Coulter. Wrote Just Blowin' My Mind for the old Free Press.
bethwhistler

Quakertown, PA

#26 Jun 18, 2013
Mountainman wrote:
<quoted text>
You're thinking of Beth Coulter. Wrote Just Blowin' My Mind for the old Free Press.
Yes, Mountainman, I really enjoyed her "Just Blowin' My Mind" pieces and was so sad when she developed brain cancer and died way too soon. She wasn't with us long and I wish I'd gotten to know her before she passed away. As far as I know, she never went by "bethwhistler."

Here's a link that shares a bit of her story for anyone who would like to know more about her:

http://www.phillyburbs.com/my_town/quakertown...
bethwhistler

Quakertown, PA

#27 Jun 18, 2013
Hootie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all very nice, but I don't believe any of it. I'm going to burn wood in my Chiminea and you can go suck an egg. Goodnight.
What you believe is not my concern. Sounds like the same person who didn't believe Inquiring Mind is a successful businessman.

I just wanted to be the voice of the many who suffer from extreme allergies to various things. People should certainly be able to breathe smoke-free air, at least in this area.

Quakertown residents reside in a wetlands area - here's a link to the map: http://www.heritageconservancy.org/wp-content...

A person's health and breathing can be adversely affected if they're allergic to mold and fungus. Regardless of allergy testing, subsequent shots or medications, many still suffer sinus infections, chronic coughs, and other consequences.

With the exceptionally high rainfall amount this spring, and the moist, cool temps, the molds and having a "field day."

If you have family members, especially children, who have a chronic cough or are often sick with ear, bronchial, or strep throat infections, it could be caused or aggravated by their exposure to the smoke or cigarettes or chimineas in addition to a possible mold allergy.

I believe that anything a person can do to make their environment more comfortable and pleasant for EVERYONE is a kindness and act of love. Yes, we have the government regulatory freedom to burn a fire when we please, but there's a greater constraint called compassion. If you lack compassion, what more can be said, other than I pity you?

If your children are coughing or ill, I'd think about changing the practice of burning things in the yard.
Hootie

Quakertown, PA

#28 Jun 18, 2013
bethwhistler wrote:
<quoted text>
What you believe is not my concern. Sounds like the same person who didn't believe Inquiring Mind is a successful businessman.
I just wanted to be the voice of the many who suffer from extreme allergies to various things. People should certainly be able to breathe smoke-free air, at least in this area.
Quakertown residents reside in a wetlands area - here's a link to the map: http://www.heritageconservancy.org/wp-content...
A person's health and breathing can be adversely affected if they're allergic to mold and fungus. Regardless of allergy testing, subsequent shots or medications, many still suffer sinus infections, chronic coughs, and other consequences.
With the exceptionally high rainfall amount this spring, and the moist, cool temps, the molds and having a "field day."
If you have family members, especially children, who have a chronic cough or are often sick with ear, bronchial, or strep throat infections, it could be caused or aggravated by their exposure to the smoke or cigarettes or chimineas in addition to a possible mold allergy.
I believe that anything a person can do to make their environment more comfortable and pleasant for EVERYONE is a kindness and act of love. Yes, we have the government regulatory freedom to burn a fire when we please, but there's a greater constraint called compassion. If you lack compassion, what more can be said, other than I pity you?
If your children are coughing or ill, I'd think about changing the practice of burning things in the yard.
You're an F'ng Nut Bag. MOVE!
bethwhistler

Quakertown, PA

#29 Jun 18, 2013
church mouse trap wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back to church Aimee.
Not Aimee, although she seems like a very nice lady.
Results

Hatfield, PA

#30 Jun 19, 2013
southpark69 wrote:
<quoted text>Ok! It must be time for someone to put a pillow over your face...or STFU!!!!
Hey southpark69 aka judge, it looks like Topix took down your latest Michael Hsu spam profile LOL.
Thanks

Philadelphia, PA

#31 Jun 19, 2013
Results wrote:
<quoted text>Hey southpark69 aka judge, it looks like Topix took down your latest Michael Hsu spam profile LOL.
It is now!
the higher road

Quakertown, PA

#32 Jun 19, 2013
bethwhistler wrote:
No, not again!
I've always loved opening my windows in the evening and letting in the cool night air but over the last few years it seems people in housing developments think they're out in the woods at a campground. They stink up the whole neighborhood with smoke from who-knows-what? Smokers? Chimineas? I've already walked around town last year trying to figure out where it's coming from.
If you want an outdoor fire, you should go to a local campground and spare the people in their homes from feeling like they're living in a forest fire.
I know I'm not the only one with allergies. This smoke is aggravating my asthma and bronchial problems.
Please have mercy on the people with breathing problems and stop burning wood or whatever in the cramped Quakertown neighborhoods. Please!
Thank you!
I have to agree about the "who knows what?" There are times it smells like burning old socks, household trash, funky wood or old furniture. Not pleasant.
TheLowerRoad

Voorhees, NJ

#33 Jun 19, 2013
the higher road wrote:
<quoted text>I have to agree about the "who knows what?" There are times it smells like burning old socks, household trash, funky wood or old furniture. Not pleasant.
How many times does this have to be said?! "MOVE"!
Question

Hatfield, PA

#34 Jun 19, 2013
Thanks wrote:
<quoted text>It is now!
southpark put a new one up.
resident

Perkasie, PA

#35 Jun 20, 2013
I know I live in an upscale neighborhood and my neighbor smokes weed and I have to move from my deck and close the windows. If you want to smoke it do it inside! I have drug testing and it remains inside you for two weeks!
resident

Perkasie, PA

#36 Jun 20, 2013
bethwhistler wrote:
The previous post has a typo which should have read "or residents" not "no residents."
Since I brought up the use of English grammar, I thought it appropriate to correct my typing mistake.
We had one here where a neighbor used it on their deck and it almost caught on fire. Fire dept. and police were called.
JTT

Quakertown, PA

#37 Jun 22, 2013
Wrong and off topic ! Unless you smoke it yourself or in a car you are safe. FYI -You are allowed to have trace quantity in you because of this.
resident wrote:
I know I live in an upscale neighborhood and my neighbor smokes weed and I have to move from my deck and close the windows. If you want to smoke it do it inside! I have drug testing and it remains inside you for two weeks!
Question

Hatfield, PA

#38 Jun 22, 2013
bethwhistler wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to educate yourself a little more about allergies.

If you have an allergic child, it could actually come from you. Genetic testing has shown that if a person has one parent who is genetically predisposed to allergies, that person will have a 30% chance of getting allergies. If a person has both parents who are genetically predisposed to allergies, that person will have a 72% chance of getting allergies. And each generation gets worse.

Pollution is an irritant that breaks down and compromises a personís immune system. An immune system can start to break down long before symptoms arise; by that time, a person may already be sensitized to that pollutant. Different people can react differently to the same pollutant, air that is acceptable to one person, may actually cause real health problems for another person.

People can become sensitized by high pollutant levels over a short period of time, or by low pollutant levels over a long period of time. The higher and longer the exposure, the more the immune system tends to break down. After people are sensitized to a particular pollutant, they will usually react to much lower levels of that pollutant.

Very few people are allergic to everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coopersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Motorcyclist hit by truck in fatal Bucks County... 3 hr hanna 1
Poll Should Paul Stepanoff Resign from QCSD Board (May '09) 6 hr Curious 57
Girl in Red Kia 22 hr Tim Arnold 2
what happened on 309S? Thu Local 4
Q-Mart sold? Jun 30 VainHK 8
Dear Dad Jun 29 Marcus Halberstram 25
What happened to Hobos ? Jun 29 Marcus Halberstram 3
More from around the web

Coopersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE