Posted in the Coopersburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bethwhistler

Quakertown, PA

#1 Jun 14, 2013
No, not again!

I've always loved opening my windows in the evening and letting in the cool night air but over the last few years it seems people in housing developments think they're out in the woods at a campground. They stink up the whole neighborhood with smoke from who-knows-what? Smokers? Chimineas? I've already walked around town last year trying to figure out where it's coming from.

If you want an outdoor fire, you should go to a local campground and spare the people in their homes from feeling like they're living in a forest fire.

I know I'm not the only one with allergies. This smoke is aggravating my asthma and bronchial problems.

Please have mercy on the people with breathing problems and stop burning wood or whatever in the cramped Quakertown neighborhoods. Please!

Thank you!
KingFish

Avondale, PA

#2 Jun 14, 2013
bethwhistler wrote:
No, not again!

I've always loved opening my windows in the evening and letting in the cool night air but over the last few years it seems people in housing developments think they're out in the woods at a campground. They stink up the whole neighborhood with smoke from who-knows-what? Smokers? Chimineas? I've already walked around town last year trying to figure out where it's coming from.

If you want an outdoor fire, you should go to a local campground and spare the people in their homes from feeling like they're living in a forest fire.

I know I'm not the only one with allergies. This smoke is aggravating my asthma and bronchial problems.

Please have mercy on the people with breathing problems and stop burning wood or whatever in the cramped Quakertown neighborhoods. Please!

Thank you!
Goodnight.
GOTB

Broomall, PA

#3 Jun 14, 2013
What a crab! I love my fire pit and if you walk around town and come onto my property there will be an issue.
southpark69

Souderton, PA

#4 Jun 14, 2013
bethwhistler wrote:
No, not again!
Thank you!
Ok! It must be time for someone to put a pillow over your face...or STFU!!!!
southpark69

Quakertown, PA

#5 Jun 15, 2013
Your pissing up wind with this one . These idiots don't burn in fall ,Just summer sitting close to the fire . Only in , Quakertown .
bethwhistler wrote:
No, not again!
Thank you!
Question

Perkasie, PA

#6 Jun 15, 2013
bethwhistler wrote:
No, not again!
Thank you!
Some people love the smell, so itís a matter of opinion. If youíve walked around town trying to figure out where it's coming from, maybe it isnít an outdoor fire. Peopleís chimney can cause it on a calm day.

You have several options.
Walk outside to see if anyone's burning before opening them.
Donít open your windows at all.
See a doctor about your allergies.
Move.
Janna

Newtown Square, PA

#7 Jun 15, 2013
Wow get a clue. This is the most ridiculous thread ever. I like the option of moving! Nobody wants your whining ass around anyway.
funny

Broomall, PA

#8 Jun 15, 2013
bethwhistler wrote:
No, not again!

Thank you!
Close your windows and put your air conditioner on.
bethwhistler

Quakertown, PA

#9 Jun 15, 2013
I would love to move to a place where the houses aren't packed together so tightly and away from swamp land. Hopefully, some day!
Haha

Broomall, PA

#10 Jun 15, 2013
bethwhistler wrote:
I would love to move to a place where the houses aren't packed together so tightly and away from swamp land. Hopefully, some day!
I hear Montana's nice this time of year...no neighbors for miles.
Question

Perkasie, PA

#11 Jun 15, 2013
funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Close your windows and put your air conditioner on.
Do you know how much toxic chemicals there are in plastics, carpets, furniture, paints, cleaners, and a host of other things? No matter where you live, indoor air levels of pollutants can easily be 2-5 times higher than outdoor levels, and sometimes more than 100 times higher.
Question

Perkasie, PA

#12 Jun 15, 2013
Janna wrote:
Wow get a clue. This is the most ridiculous thread ever. I like the option of moving! Nobody wants your whining ass around anyway.
I wasn't trying to be nasty when I said move. Sometimes that's the only option for someone with severe allergies.
the higher road

Quakertown, PA

#13 Jun 15, 2013
Haha wrote:
<quoted text>I hear Montana's nice this time of year...no neighbors for miles.
The mosquitoes are really bad in Montana, plus before you get to the mountains there are swampy parts. I'd go to the Pacific Northwest. Washington is nice plus it's named after our first president!
bethwhistler

Quakertown, PA

#14 Jun 16, 2013
Your all really narrow minded ! Its funny how you row house people are the worst culprits.As for the fire pit they are not allowed in the borough ,Stick that where the sun don't shine.We all should not have to close our windows because of a few jerks.
Hootie

Newtown Square, PA

#15 Jun 16, 2013
bethwhistler wrote:
Your all really narrow minded ! Its funny how you row house people are the worst culprits.As for the fire pit they are not allowed in the borough ,Stick that where the sun don't shine.We all should not have to close our windows because of a few jerks.
Oregon is nice. You can get far away from anyone. You can be all by yourself. No one will bother you. You will be invisible to the world. No one will know you exist. And we won't have to listen to your incessant Whining. Now GO!
Haha

Broomall, PA

#16 Jun 16, 2013
bethwhistler wrote:
I don't live in a row house, honey. Too close to the neighbors. I like my acreage and my fire pit.
bethwhistler

Quakertown, PA

#17 Jun 16, 2013
bethwhistler wrote:
You are the narrow-minded one. You lack such imagination and intelligence that you have to steal my username, "bethwhistler" rather than come up with one of your own.

Fire pits and chimineas ARE allowed in the borough - I checked Quakertown's website. If chicken coops aren't permitted without certain property clearances, fires of any kind (other than a grill for cooking) should also be banned.

I do not live in a row house. There is nothing wrong with a row house, per se. I would just prefer to live in the great outdoors where there is lots of fresh air.

You are an ugly person to type rude things and pose as someone else. I wonder how many other ugly things you post on here using someone else's username? Too bad you have no integrity or strong moral fiber.

Get your own username and leave mine alone creep.
the higher road

Quakertown, PA

#18 Jun 16, 2013
Hootie wrote:
<quoted text>
Oregon is nice. You can get far away from anyone. You can be all by yourself. No one will bother you. You will be invisible to the world. No one will know you exist. And we won't have to listen to your incessant Whining. Now GO!
I've been to Oregon. Wouldn't recommend it for an east coast conservative type.
bethwhistler

Quakertown, PA

#19 Jun 16, 2013
bethwhistler wrote:
In addition, it's obvious you are not me because you typed "your" instead of "you're." Also, you type "Its" instead of It's" just to name two of your errors. You display a great deal of ignorance when it comes to clear use of English grammar and spelling.

This is not a matter of narrow-mindedness no residents of row houses but about caring for the health and welfare of our neighbors. I think it's possible to sit outside and enjoy the night air without burning things.
bethwhistler

Quakertown, PA

#20 Jun 16, 2013
The previous post has a typo which should have read "or residents" not "no residents."

Since I brought up the use of English grammar, I thought it appropriate to correct my typing mistake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coopersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paul Stepanoff Needs to be Removed NOW! (Jul '14) 6 hr Fresh Ideas 201
Bucks co children in youth 16 hr To be Frank 1
Why is Quakertown/Richland ignoring all these H... (May '10) 18 hr Remmie 36
News Tamaqua man charged in stabbing 23 hr knives are a mino... 6
Ametek U.S. Gauge (Jul '12) Sat Its Time 150
Bucks County News Feed (May '14) Jul 20 Carphunter64 167
Opioid commercials are funny.... Jul 19 Fistocles 4

Coopersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance