Looking for a modern Christian church...

Looking for a modern Christian church service

Posted in the Coopersburg Forum

Mom of 3

Allentown, PA

#1 Jan 19, 2013
Hi! I am trying to find a modern christian church in the Quakertown area. One that doesn't mind if you wear jeans, plays contemporary Christian music (such as the type by Casting Crowns, Newsboys, Kutless, etc.) I used to attend Harvest, and was devestated when they closed and the scandal involving the pastor just changed everything. Does anyone know of any services that are contemporary in the area? Thanks!
Herb

Perkasie, PA

#2 Jan 19, 2013
Mom of 3 wrote:
Hi! I am trying to find a modern christian church in the Quakertown area. One that doesn't mind if you wear jeans, plays contemporary Christian music (such as the type by Casting Crowns, Newsboys, Kutless, etc.) I used to attend Harvest, and was devestated when they closed and the scandal involving the pastor just changed everything. Does anyone know of any services that are contemporary in the area? Thanks!
Try Morning Star Fellowship http://www.mstarqtown.org/ 429 S. 9th St. at the corner of S. Main St. Across from the Freshman Center.
behappy

Broomall, PA

#3 Jan 21, 2013
Agreed. This is a great church. It's come as you are, feel free to wear jeans. I am not a member, but have been to a few services and do intend to join.
Mom of 3

Allentown, PA

#4 Jan 21, 2013
Thak You, I will definitey give it a try!:)
Irene

Gilbertsville, PA

#5 Feb 9, 2013
Good place. I have family there.
Sneakers

Perkasie, PA

#6 Feb 12, 2013
Mom of 3 wrote:
Thak You, I will definitey give it a try!:)
Did you go there yet? How did you like it?
class of 1974

Quakertown, PA

#7 Feb 13, 2013
East swamp has Contemporary service @ 11:00 every sunday and you can wear jeans!!1663

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Feb 14, 2013
East Swamp is a good church but is going through some pastor issues again
Neighbor

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Feb 14, 2013
Check out Quakertown United Methodist Church. They have a 9am contemporary service that would definitely fit what you are looking for music-wise, message wise and jeans are definitely welcome!
sunshine

Allentown, PA

#10 Feb 14, 2013
Calvary Church of Souderton or Faith Baptist. Don't let the name baptist scare you. The Pastor is part of a motor cycle group.
sunshine

Allentown, PA

#11 Feb 14, 2013
It's Faith Baptist in sellersville
wondering

Quakertown, PA

#12 Feb 14, 2013
Does anyone know anything about Community Baptist Church on Paletown Road?
Quakertonian3

Pottstown, PA

#13 Dec 21, 2013
Herb wrote:
<quoted text>Try Morning Star Fellowship http://www.mstarqtown.org/ 429 S. 9th St. at the corner of S. Main St. Across from the Freshman Center.
Agree - good place to check out
Thoughts

Orefield, PA

#14 Dec 21, 2013
wondering wrote:
Does anyone know anything about Community Baptist Church on Paletown Road?
I know the youth Pastor, Dave. He is really a nice guy & very down to earth. Haven't been to that church but 2 people close to me do go & really enjoy it.
hover5

Pottstown, PA

#15 Dec 23, 2013
Member wrote:
East Swamp is a good church but is going through some pastor issues again
They have had pastor issues for years, and still do. Not worth being part of the experiment there, or a causality. Sounds like leadership problems that are ongoing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coopersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paul Stepanoff Needs to be Removed NOW! (Jul '14) 4 hr Vote Change 222
Old Kart Track Shelly??? (Sep '13) Fri Olde75 22
Nockamixon State Park (May '12) Aug 16 Concerned about o... 23
monument take down Aug 16 me 2
News Roof fire at Bethlehem warehouse chases workers... Aug 14 weaponX 2
willies plumbing (Mar '14) Aug 12 retired 19
New Gym In Quakertown Aug 11 bob 1

Coopersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance