Intelligencer690

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Ads published in the Doylestown Intelligencer when Wyckford Commons was being built. The ad for the Mews at Wyckford Commons "condos" proves that these units were marketed and sold as such. Additionally, this specific ad ran a week after the United States Environmental Protection Agency issued the formal Consent Order for AMETEK Plant #2 in June, 1990.

http://s13.postimage.org/itlrfzy1z/image.jpg
http://s13.postimage.org/loyumv21z/image.jpg
InvestigationPAD EP

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Any concerned residents are encouraged to email the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection at the below address to request a formal investigation into the issues as noted.

Date: January 1, 2013, 4:38:01 PM EST
To: rapatel@state.pa.us
Subject: In-Situ Uranium Mining - Sellersville, PA

Mr. Patel,

To supplement the email I sent last night, and to support my continued concern regarding the effects of the years of undisclosed uranium mining conducted in Sellersville, Pennsylvania, please see attached.

As stated in the first sentence of the first attachment: "The leaching liquid used for in-situ leaching contains the leaching agent ammonium carbonate..."

The second attachment is a screenshot of the study I referenced in my email from last night, the one whereby the USEPA removed its 68 pages of content and replaced them with 68 random pages of an unrelated document after they became aware that I was investigating the Ametek issue. The title of said study: "Ammonium Carbonate Leaching of Metal Values from Water Treatment Sludges." The study was conducted at Ametek Plant #2, Sellersville, PA.

The wet and dry lagoons on the Ametek property held more than just industrial solvents. It's a safe bet they contained yellowcake as well--regardless of whether or not USEPA reporting reflects this or not. Anything that comes from them regarding Sellersville and Ametek U.S. Gauge is ridden with inaccuracies, omissions, and blatant lies. Even better, the dry lagoon was noted to have been closed via handler records with "waste in place."

This, coupled with the radioactive waste buried in previous mining pits and landfills, explains the USGS tailings ponds located throughout the 18960 area, in addition to the destruction of Sellersville's groundwater supply. I would also like answers from the PADEP as to why there are two wells each located at the old Sellersville Boro Water Works municipal well locations 4, 5, and 6. Was the borough capitalizing on in-situ mining as well? If so, where was the borough's water supply coming from?

Perhaps this explains why Scandinavian Formulas Inc., a global manufacturer of the experimental drug SPB11, was government-funded and headquartered in the basement of Sellersville's municipal building. An attempt to fix the damage done? SPB11 works in conjunction with ammonia levels in the body.

But hey, we were living on top of radioactive landfills, gamma radiation, industrial waste, etc. while drinking solvent and heavy metal-ridden water and breathing in toxic vapors and gases. May as well throw the ingestion of experimental pharmaceuticals too, right? How was this allowed to happen? How much can the human body withstand...or is that what the government wanted to find out?

Please accept this as a formal request for the PADEP to initiate an investigation into the items noted in this email and the email I sent on 12/31/12.

One final note: Whether this is the work of Ametek, Sellersville Borough, Bucks County, the United States government, or all of the above, rest assured I will be certain to expose every one of them for what has happened here.
Fracking18960

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

"ISL (In-Situ Leach) mining is similar to fracking for natural gas wherein a high-pressure mixture of water and chemicals is injected in to an aquifer. Mixtures of uranium-bearing fluids are then pumped to the surface for processing in to yellowcake."

http://www.earthworksaction.org/earthblog/det...

In preparation for a future full of fracking, it looks like the little ol' town of Sellersville, Pennsylvania may have been one of the U.S. testing grounds to see how a few decades of this activity truly affected a community. The radioactivity and industrial landfills resulting from the Radium Era of the 1920s and American Machine and Metals' participation in the atomic/nuclear fuel production activities of the Manhattan Project are just an added bonus for these lucky residents. Even better, the political agenda involved with anything government-related lent itself to the now-prior head of the USEPA being a strong proponent of fracking. And even though Ms. Jackson was contacted in 2011 by a concerned resident from Sellersville, PA, her stance on this issue is a clear indicator that this would not be a story she would want to be made public: Unethical agency experimentation coupled with evidence showing exactly how harmful these methods of earthen injections and extractions can be would have done nothing to support her position.

I'm guessing this gave Region III the green light to do whatever it takes to ensure this is not made public.
Email1231

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Email from 12/31/12 as referenced in above post, per request.

Part 1:

Date: December 31, 2012, 11:58:18 PM EST
To: "rapatel@state.pa.us " <rapatel@state.pa.us>
Subject: Discussion Follow-up

Mr. Patel,

The overall sentiment I received when we spoke briefly in the records review room last week was that the DEP could not take any kind of investigative action due to the lack of proof of what all has transpired in the Sellersville area in the past. With this, I would like to outline a few things:

Pictures and newspaper articles prove the existence of a uranium mill and tailings ponds located on the Wyckford Mews property. If you are looking for county records, deeds, leases, etc. as proof, you won't find any under "Radium Company of America." However, the U.S. Gauge Company is noted to have had a uranium mill under its control, and it wasn't the one at 12th and Main. There is also reference to uranium mining being conducted as well. The Radium Company of America may have had pitchblende shipped in from Colorado, Utah, and Montana, but USG supplemented product from what would become Ametek's mine in Montana with Sellersville product.

Builder plans as noted in county records detail the interceptors that have been constructed to route groundwater around the landfill areas under the Mews. Cross-section reporting at the end of the USEPA Statement of Basis shows the depth of a portion of either the mining pit or the trenched landfill (or both) under Plant #2. It also details two wells which I believe were/are used for undisclosed (and EPA-denied) in-situ uranium mining. Please note that this cross-section report was only included in the SoB after I repeatedly mandated that the EPA add the attachment as referenced in the text of the document. It was originally left out. Also undisclosed were Ametek's industrial runoff and wastewater channels that run under our homes and discharge at the end of the subdivision. The DRBC supposedly approved this, although I'm not confident that the information being approved was disclosed accurately or even under Ametek's name.

The EPA repeatedly denied any underground well injections made by Ametek U.S. Gauge (and land application farming as well) despite the fact that I presented them with TRI reporting showing their existence. They also denied any radium or heavy metal contamination at the Plant #2 facility, for which there is also black and white evidence. When I began investigating this issue in 2011, and before I contacted the USEPA, I found a study online detailing metal extraction processes using sludge at the Ametek U.S. Gauge facility in Sellersville, PA. Shortly after my 4/11 initial correspondence with them, the report was removed and replaced with 68 pages of another unrelated document. It was placed back online after I filed a formal complaint with the Department of Justice regarding the entire Sellersville issue in 10/11. Additionally, my most recent FOIA requests with the USEPA have been ignored and unfulfilled, which is against applicable federal regulations, and my requests from last year would not be honored without payment in excess of $2,000. What's more, Region III personnel assigned to the Ametek site will not answer any questions related to the issues at hand in writing. Even better, they took the 20+ questions I provided in writing at the public hearing (that I requested be held) in 12/11, edited them to their liking, responded with filler responses and blatant lies, and published them online with my name attached to it all. This occurred in 6/12, one day after the Facebook community page created for this issue was taken offline (by Facebook) with no explanation, removing any platform to respond publicly and destroying what little credibility I had with the residents I am working to protect here, after months of them being told by every agency involved that nothing is wrong.
Email1231

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Part 2:

Sellersville Borough has also played a major part here. From the removal of drinking water TCE contamination from public disclosure (per our conversation) to their erroneous (or absent) arsenic and microbiological contamination disclosure, they literally poisoned the Sellersville community for decades with contaminated drinking water. They also utilized Ametek's plant supply wells for potable purposes. The borough, county, state, and federal government have all been asked to provide proof of the Mews' water supply connections from 1989 through present, and every agency listed has been unable to do so. Private testing of this water supply in 5/12 showed severe arsenic contamination, and this is after NPWA supposedly connected us to their supply. Additionally, on top of everything else, there are legal issues relating to real estate and property ownership for which the borough, county, and Ametek are responsible. As it stands, Ametek and Sellersville Borough appear to have more of an ownership interest in these homes than the "homeowners" do.

If any "proof" is needed to initiate an onsite investigation, it's out there. I have spent the past year of my life gathering it. I have a file cabinet full of it. Let me know what you need, and I will bring it to you. However, if you need specific information regarding the health effects on the residents of this area, good luck getting it. In terms of cancer and disease cluster reporting, I consider Sellersville to be one big military base. No one is going to own up to the damage all this has done, especially the federal government. The BCDOH is useless too. I can't understand how an industrial site can be demolished with a cloud of particulate matter engulfing the town without any response from them whatsoever--even after I reported it. People were sick for months after. Is Ametek trying to kill us? It sure as hell seems that way, and not one agency has done ANYTHING to support us here. I can tell you that two children have in fact died, and they are just the ones I know of via media exposure. I have seen countless neighbors become ill, two of which passed away. Two other neighbors committed suicide. Another resident died in his home last week. I have seen residents lose their homes after being too sick to sustain work, and this is a middle-class, white collar suburban development. Numerous residents have tested positive for severe heavy metal poisoning with dangerous levels of arsenic, uranium, bismuth, and others. I myself have had six skin cancer surgeries, been diagnosed with several neurological and gastrointestinal diseases, been hospitalized with cardiovascular problems, and have lost most of my short term memory...and that's not a comprehensive list. I have lived in Sellersville for 16 years. I'm 36 years old. What am I going to be like at 46? Will I even make it to 56? None of this should have ever happened.

As I stated, I have whatever "proof" you need to substantiate an investigation. In my opinion, the loss of one child is more than enough. And while I understand the fiscal implications involved in initiating testing and remediation, I don't understand why no agency is seeking funding from Ametek. They destroyed the entire town and beyond, and numerous lives along the way. They should be accountable here.

As a final note, one of my numerous concerns is related to the attached infrared aerial map of the 18960/18944 area from 1988 (when the Mews at Wyckford Commons was breaking ground). I apologize as it is not the best quality, and it will most likely need to be cross-referenced with a current street map and USGS topographical map of the area. If possible, I would like someone from the DEP to look at it and provide answers to the following questions:
Email1231

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Part 3:

1. On a topographical map, USGS tailings ponds are noted to exist in the southern corner of Ametek Plant #2 and at the end of Haven Court. What effect has uranium mining/milling/in-situ mining had on the creation of these ponds, and can that be evidenced on this infrared image? What dangers are present for residents in close proximity?

2. Did the damming of the Perkiomen Creek in the 1940s create any kind of groundwater flow change that would have created these streams/ponds of mining-related contaminated groundwater to be spread throughout the area?

3. It appears that groundwater has accumulated under the tract upon which Summer Lea is constructed (Hampshire Drive, 18960). This is directly southeast of the USGS-identified tailings pond at the end of Haven Court. Can radioactive groundwater still be accumulating there? Summer Lea has documented problems with water accumulating in that development. If so, how dangerous is this from a vapor intrusion (radon) and gamma radiation standpoint?

4. What specifically can be observed as pertaining to landfill content, groundwater flow, interceptors, etc. on the Wyckford Commons tract (Wyckford Drive, Chadwyck Circle, Mews Drive, Surrey Court, Branford Terrace, Hampton Circle, Essex Court, Wyckford Way)?

http://s14.postimage.org/9r7kv7635/image.jpg

I will await response regarding the above questions and any information needed for the PADEP to begin to investigate and remediate (if possible) any issues that are negatively impacting the health of this area's residents.

Thank you.
Really

Woodbury, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Quality Control,
Sounds to me like the homes that were built on the radioactive site of the plant has caused those homeowners to be sick & get cancer from being exposed to the materials from the landfill & the drinking water. I think there should be a class action lawsuit against the plant/responsible parties. It sounds like this is an existing problem that needs to be handled & put out there to these poor people who are currently living in these homes. I don't think this is being brought up just to say things should have been done differently in the past, that's a given...
Quality Control wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of these problems were fixed, nation wide. OSHA got more pro-active and the average American knows that all they have to so is make a phone call and their place of employment (Where they draw their pay) will be investigated or fined. I said that the changes were for the better. Boy, other posters are right, you bitch, moan and disagree about everything. Why don't you file a class action suit against all of the volunteer fire companies for their "Wrongful actions" washing the above mentioned down into the storm drains, poluting local streams and tributaries?
SvilleEstates

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

http://www.thereporteronline.com/apps/pbcs.dl...

"Sellersville Estates": 20-foot-wide "movie lots" that were originally used as a promotion to attract people to silent movies at the former Selvil Theatre in the 1920s.

Always seemed odd, and not at all close to the theater.

Try this:

"Sellersville Estates": 20-foot wide tracts of land provided to those who had to relocate the Park Avenue gravesites of their loved ones due to the radium-extraction/uranium-enri chment/mining-based municipal reconfigurations and land annexation occurrences of the 1920s. Even better, said lots were then taken from the majority of these grantees a few decades later by the Bucks County Commissioners and sold to American Machine and Metals. Ouch.

http://s3.postimage.org/7zpztr8r7/image.jpg

And whatever happened to the proposed development noted in that article? Can't imagine how something could not be built in that location, especially in Sellersville. Prime real estate. I mean, as long as the ground doesn't glow at night, there should be no reason to prevent homes from being built. What people don't know won't hurt them, right?
WyckfordPlans

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Developer plans for Wyckford Commons (Selsie Village): http://s17.postimage.org/hgqxkco1b/image.jpg

"DoB" represents different soil type in outlined area where previous uranium mill, mining pit, and tailings landfill are located.

"Basin I" represents location of radioactive tailings ponds.

Cross-reference: http://s7.postimage.org/59cg2pxiz/image.jpg
WyckfordPlans

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

WyckfordPlans wrote:
Developer plans for Wyckford Commons (Selsie Village): http://s17.postimage.org/hgqxkco1b/image.jpg
"DoB" represents different soil type in outlined area where previous uranium mill, mining pit, and tailings landfill are located.
"Basin I" represents location of radioactive tailings ponds.
Cross-reference: http://s7.postimage.org/59cg2pxiz/image.jpg
To be clear, those outlines were not drawn on by the person posting the comment; they are part of the actual subdivision plans.
NPWAinfo

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Regarding the commentary for this article:

http://www.thereporteronline.com/article/2013... ?

Should the Reporter not approve additional commentary, and as this thread was referenced, the response to Mr. Bellitto's 2/15 post is as follows:

"The interconnection is to their untreated plant supply well, not their site. Who said 'site'? Take it up with the PADEP. Their records confirm it: http://s7.postimage.org/4y22eimsb/image.jpg "

PADEP records show no groundwater withdrawal for "Well #6" in West Rockhill Township, which NPWA claims is the only well servicing the Sellersville system. Additionally, Bucks County records confirm a 1994 return of fee simple ownership to the property owners in the Meadowbrook subdivision for Sellersville's "Well #6"-related easements.

Regulatory tests for 19 years taken from EP105 ("Well #6") mean nothing if residents weren't being served by that well. I'm curious to know the contaminant levels in the well(s) that were/are utilized. Judging from resident-initiated testing prior to NPWA's "flushing" exercise, the results are not good.

Additional details should be confirmed upon receipt of two pending FOIA requests with NPWA. The information requested, should anyone be interested, is as follows:

2/7/13 FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT REQUEST- NPWA:

1. I have documentation from the county showing the borough's return of fee simple ownership to the Meadowbrook subdivision for all easements related to Well #6 circa 1994. I also have current PADEP records reflecting no current groundwater withdrawal/interconnection from that well. Said records do, however, show groundwater withdrawal and interconnection to the Sellersville system at the location of Ametek's Plant #1 industrial supply well.

As NPWA advised that they are "unaware of any wells related to Ametek" in their response to this item from my 1/30/13 RTKL request, I am attaching hyperlinks to screenshots of the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection's eMap. The first hyperlink shows the location of groundwater withdrawal and corresponding interconnection to the Sellersville Borough municipal water system at Ametek Plant #1. The second hyperlink confirms said withdrawal and interconnection with "Ametek Corp," PADEP site ID #458542.

1) http://s7.postimage.org/axpti67kr/image.jpg
2) http://s7.postimage.org/4y22eimsb/image.jpg

Now that NPWA is "aware," I would like to obtain the appropriate records from NPWA detailing this interconnection, inclusive of the specific water mains that are serviced with this interconnection.

2. If not being provided with the 1/30/13 request, I would like to obtain specific records that detail water line connections to the red line main that serves the Mews development. There was a hydrant (erroneously?) inserted on the map provided with the 1/30/13 request that conceals the connection of this main to the connecting yellow main. When cross-referenced with the "flushing" map provided by NPWA, said connection shows the red line main being the source supply to which the yellow main connects. Records are being requested to show where that source supply is coming from. NPWA advised in their 1/30/13 response that they "can only provide [me] with NPWA service to this area." I pay NPWA for water...no one else. If anyone else is servicing the Mews, I'm confused as to why residents pay NPWA. With this, again, I am requesting records to confirm all source water supply connections coming into the Wyckford Commons/Mews at Wyckford Commons subdivisions.

3. I would like to obtain historical testing records (1989 through 2013) for contaminants in the Ametek well referenced above that has been--and continues to be--used as a potable source supply, thereby providing drinking water that is consumed by the residents of Sellersville. PADEP records reflect no testing for this well.
NPWAinfo

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

2/9/13 FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT REQUEST- NPWA:

Public records indicate that NPWA purchased Sellersville Boro Water Works for significantly less than other bidding suppliers' offers. The difference was in excess of $2 million dollars (less), which is a lot of income for a financially struggling borough to forego. The positioning, per Sellersville Borough, was that the selection was based upon the promised lack of increased billing for the residents. However, to understand the sale in full, I would like to obtain the following records from NPWA:

1. A copy of the sales agreement or equivalent record, coupled with any related addendum/attachments, detailing all pricing information for the SBWW sales transaction.

2. A copy of an appraisal or any equivalent record that breaks down all specific items being purchased with the sale, including but not limited to water lines, mains, wells, well housings, water towers/holding tanks, total number of human beings and households that will be serviced by NPWA with/by the system being purchased, and specific service area locations for those households. Said record, if an appraisal, should have monetary values assigned to each item. However, as pertaining to this request, lack of said value assignment should not disqualify the provision of any record that breaks down the specific items (as listed above) included in the sale.

3. If not listed in the records provided in numbers one and two, I would like to obtain records of all equipment and its functional purpose for SBWW wells #4 and #5 as located on Maple Avenue and 9th Street respectively. Said records should list the contents of the buildings that house wells #4 and #5 (as shown in the pictures linked below), including but not limited to the chimney and satellite antenna attached to well house #5.

Well #4
http://s4.postimage.org/u2off943x/image.jpg

Well #5:
http://s4.postimage.org/talrg1zwt/image.jpg
http://s4.postimage.org/xxrthtn9p/image.jpg

4. Records detailing the depth, installation date, and functionality of each of the two wells located at Sellersville Boro Water Works wells #4,#5, and #6. Information contained within USEPA files for Ametek U.S. Gauge (see hyperlinks below) notes the existence of a second well at each location, but state well records do not provide any drilling detail. Functionality for each well in each pair should be listed, inclusive of any current or past usage for in-situ mining and in-situ contaminant treatment/remediation.

http://s4.postimage.org/qkcfiv37x/image.jpg
http://s4.postimage.org/tm37stgct/image.jpg

5. Historical records referencing Scandinavian Formulas Inc., the global pharmaceutical entity and manufacturer of SPB11 headquartered in the basement of Sellersville's municipal building, and any involvement in their past treatment of Sellersville's water supply.

6. All written and electronic communications between NPWA and Sellersville Borough regarding the sale of the SBWW system.

7. All written and electronic communications regarding price negotiations for the sale of the SBWW system.

8. All written and electronic communications regarding the 2012 work performed by NPWA in the Mews at Wyckford Commons subdivision, including but not limited to 1) the digging up of cement and asphalt on Mews Drive and Wyckford Drive, and 2) the "hydrant flushing" initiative in the surrounding Sellersville area.

9. All other written and electronic communications regarding the Wyckford Commons and Mews at Wyckford Commons subdivisions (together or separate), including but not limited to any resident-initiated water testing that showed above-MCL contamination levels in the drinking water supply of the Mews subdivision.
NPWAinfo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

2/18 commentary regarding the above-referenced article in response to NPWA's failed PR attempts:

1. I'm not going to engage in an online back-and-forth debate here. I am familiar with how this goes: I present black and white evidence with an archive of supporting documentation behind it while the offending parties turn their heads, close their eyes, and acknowledge nothing. It's the Sellersville way, to which I have become disgustingly well-accustomed over the past year. And your "because I said so" reasoning may be acceptable to other residents, but not to me. I have filed three FOIA requests with NPWA to date, all of which are pending final response. The interconnection issue is one on a list of many, and I am well past the point in my research of needing any validity confirmed. That, I have learned, is an exercise in futility anyway. Be advised, however, that I will continue to pursue each to the fullest extent--with or without additional support. Although if your PR skills are any indication of what I am up against here, this should be a relatively easy process.

2. Arsenic readings of 19ppb from tap water testing 5/12: http://s17.postimage.org/5t98l6ojj/image.jpg

Again, your words hold no weight. And if this is going to be a case of NPWA telling us that our connections are not by definition a part NPWA's system, that is just as disgraceful. When asked to provide the exact source of our water supply, NPWA's response was that they could only provide information regarding the area that they service. I'm curious to find out what other sources provide water to the area in question that are, by definition, not a part of NPWA's system.
Apathy18960

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Residents of the Mews at Wyckford Commons should become familiar with these terms...quickly:

Moiety Title
Mineral Rights
Heap Leaching
Chronic Radiation Syndrome

And residents of Sellersville Borough should ask themselves why the town in which they reside was home to the "largest radium plant in the world" ( http://s14.postimage.org/nqrxr5h9d/image.jpg ), processing and discarding literal tons of uranium ore on a daily basis, yet was never once mentioned until the 1990s when the PADEP "discovered" it through a resident-requested investigation.

Sellersvillians should then think long and hard about where, in a time period absent environmental regulation, those tons of processed radioactive ores--from both the "largest radium plant in the world" and the still-unacknowledged activities of companies and governments thereafter--were disposed. Perkasie, East Rockhill, and Hilltown residents should give this some serious thought, too.
NRC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

After several months of back-and-forth correspondence, ignored requests, and unanswered questions, Sellersville Borough, Bucks County, PADEP, USEPA, and the DOE have been "unable" to provide information regarding any of the uranium enrichment activities that occurred in Sellersville, Pennsylvania--the town that was once home to the largest such facility in the world. The PADEP suggested requesting information from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

This response was received today: http://s11.postimage.org/7uocsfc6b/image.jpg

Clearly there is nothing wrong here.

Pathetic, disgraceful, and disgusting. Awesome country we live in.
January 14 1968

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Concerned Resident

Sellersville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

232 Yankee Rd. Quakertown PA 18951 Richland Meadows Trailer Park has 4 wells that are contaminated with Uranium. Is there Any possibility that what you wrote about in January, is related to this.
InvestigationPADEP wrote:
Any concerned residents are encouraged to email the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection at the below address to request a formal investigation into the issues as noted.
Date: January 1, 2013, 4:38:01 PM EST
To: rapatel@state.pa.us
Subject: In-Situ Uranium Mining - Sellersville, PA
Mr. Patel,
To supplement the email I sent last night, and to support my continued concern regarding the effects of the years of undisclosed uranium mining conducted in Sellersville, Pennsylvania, please see attached.
As stated in the first sentence of the first attachment: "The leaching liquid used for in-situ leaching contains the leaching agent ammonium carbonate..."
The second attachment is a screenshot of the study I referenced in my email from last night, the one whereby the USEPA removed its 68 pages of content and replaced them with 68 random pages of an unrelated document after they became aware that I was investigating the Ametek issue. The title of said study: "Ammonium Carbonate Leaching of Metal Values from Water Treatment Sludges." The study was conducted at Ametek Plant #2, Sellersville, PA.
The wet and dry lagoons on the Ametek property held more than just industrial solvents. It's a safe bet they contained yellowcake as well--regardless of whether or not USEPA reporting reflects this or not. Anything that comes from them regarding Sellersville and Ametek U.S. Gauge is ridden with inaccuracies, omissions, and blatant lies. Even better, the dry lagoon was noted to have been closed via handler records with "waste in place."
This, coupled with the radioactive waste buried in previous mining pits and landfills, explains the USGS tailings ponds located throughout the 18960 area, in addition to the destruction of Sellersville's groundwater supply. I would also like answers from the PADEP as to why there are two wells each located at the old Sellersville Boro Water Works municipal well locations 4, 5, and 6. Was the borough capitalizing on in-situ mining as well? If so, where was the borough's water supply coming from?
Perhaps this explains why Scandinavian Formulas Inc., a global manufacturer of the experimental drug SPB11, was government-funded and headquartered in the basement of Sellersville's municipal building. An attempt to fix the damage done? SPB11 works in conjunction with ammonia levels in the body.
But hey, we were living on top of radioactive landfills, gamma radiation, industrial waste, etc. while drinking solvent and heavy metal-ridden water and breathing in toxic vapors and gases. May as well throw the ingestion of experimental pharmaceuticals too, right? How was this allowed to happen? How much can the human body withstand...or is that what the government wanted to find out?
Please accept this as a formal request for the PADEP to initiate an investigation into the items noted in this email and the email I sent on 12/31/12.
One final note: Whether this is the work of Ametek, Sellersville Borough, Bucks County, the United States government, or all of the above, rest assured I will be certain to expose every one of them for what has happened here.
Response

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Concerned Resident wrote:
232 Yankee Rd. Quakertown PA 18951 Richland Meadows Trailer Park has 4 wells that are contaminated with Uranium. Is there Any possibility that what you wrote about in January, is related to this.
<quoted text>
I don't think it's related as they are too far in distance from the site discussed in this thread. But I can't comment on whether or not it would be related to anything similiar buried in other locations because no agency will be forthright enough to discuss anything related to this matter. Uranium is found in certain rock formations in different parts of Bucks County, so it may be possible for the readings to be related to that. I'd like to say check with the PADEP or USEPA, but both agencies are a joke IMO. They only tell you what they want you to know.

Since: Aug 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Here is an aerial picture (late 1920s/early 1930s) showing the aforementioned street realignment near U.S. Gauge in Sellersville. Houses A, B, and C (on the left) were rebuilt as A, B, and C (on the right) respectively and were made to look exactly the same, down to exact shrub and tree placement. The homes on the left were then demolished.

http://s2.postimage.org/i04k3oqih/image.jpg

When this was mentioned on another message board, a member of the Sellersville Museum Historical Society advised that the above photo was "fake" and was "photoshopped" (in the 1930s) by "U.S. Gauge engineers with too much time on their hands."

http://lansdale.patch.com/groups/brian-roxs-b...

Once again, ladies and gentlemen: Welcome to Sellersville.
Retriever

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Questions18960 wrote:
Here is an aerial picture (late 1920s/early 1930s) showing the aforementioned street realignment near U.S. Gauge in Sellersville. Houses A, B, and C (on the left) were rebuilt as A, B, and C (on the right) respectively and were made to look exactly the same, down to exact shrub and tree placement. The homes on the left were then demolished.
http://s2.postimage.org/i04k3oqih/image.jpg
When this was mentioned on another message board, a member of the Sellersville Museum Historical Society advised that the above photo was "fake" and was "photoshopped" (in the 1930s) by "U.S. Gauge engineers with too much time on their hands."
http://lansdale.patch.com/groups/brian-roxs-b...
Once again, ladies and gentlemen: Welcome to Sellersville.
The new homes probably had the same owners as the demolished homes. It's very easy to verify down at the Bucks Courthouse.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Coopersburg Discussions

Search the Coopersburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
smoking nurses 48 min jason 54
Trailer hitch installation (Jan '11) 2 hr jason 5
A Plus Family Dental 23 hr Opinion 13
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) Mon T Wolf 51,196
heller road Mon Uncle Freddy 16
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Mon Eddie Swindell 3,824
How many women go braless ? NO MEN and Ladies b... (Mar '10) Mon Lisa 91
•••
•••

Coopersburg News Video

•••
•••

Coopersburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Coopersburg People Search