|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Haha wrote:
<quoted text>
But don't come off as far-left liberal or you'll have more than one person slam the door in your face. Center of the road or just right of center works best around here.
Good advice. If you are a lib, lie about it until you get into office, then screw all who voted for you. Sounds like the Chicago way!
LOL

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Info wrote:
<quoted text>
Young Obama voters = mindless indoctrinated fools created by liberal college professors.
This is a conservative Republican area and will remain one. Take your progressive BS and move somewhere where it's wanted.
Need I remind you that Obama won Quakertown in 2008 and 2012. There are more Democrats and progressives in this area than you wish to admit.
well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

who is runnning in the boro, township?
Info

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Need I remind you that Obama won Quakertown in 2008 and 2012. There are more Democrats and progressives in this area than you wish to admit.
Need I remind you that 2013 is not a presidential election year and less than 25% come out to vote in off-year elections.

Obama won Qtown by 85 votes. That is not by much.

However, ALL Republicans won in Richland, Milford, and Haycock. Locally, Clymer won by a landslide and Fitzpatrick won by 12%, despite the involvement of CREDO.

Don't get your hopes up, lib.
QFD1723

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Once David gets Linda's permission, he will be filling two seats on Borough Council.
Info

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Info wrote:
<quoted text>
Need I remind you that 2013 is not a presidential election year and less than 25% come out to vote in off-year elections.
Obama won Qtown by 85 votes. That is not by much.
However, ALL Republicans won in Richland, Milford, and Haycock. Locally, Clymer won by a landslide and Fitzpatrick won by 12%, despite the involvement of CREDO.
Don't get your hopes up, lib.
Well, someone disagrees with this post. Why? The stats came directly from the county election results web page. If you disagree with those results, take it up with the board of elections. They are what they are.

Also, the stats about voter turnout in an off year election are probably a bit high. I think it was lower last time in 2010. Kooky Kathy would have lost by a landslide if that were the case.

Now, George Soros is gearing up to go after incumbents like Fitz with loads of superpac money and start early. We need to send a message that outsiders are not welcome in local races. http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/the_int...
Joe

Greenfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

In off-year elections the GOP turnout is higher than Dem turnout, but that percentage has been decreasing. And with Quakertown becoming more diverse, Dems have a chance if they campaign and turnout the vote to pick up Council seats.
Info

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Joe wrote:
In off-year elections the GOP turnout is higher than Dem turnout, but that percentage has been decreasing. And with Quakertown becoming more diverse, Dems have a chance if they campaign and turnout the vote to pick up Council seats.
Party is meaningless at the local level. All the national issues mean nothing. In fact, it's usually little power hungry twerps trying to play BMOC. Richland Township is a fine example of this and there are certain people who like to throw their weight around on Borough Council as well.
Joe

Greenfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Info wrote:
<quoted text>
Party is meaningless at the local level. All the national issues mean nothing. In fact, it's usually little power hungry twerps trying to play BMOC. Richland Township is a fine example of this and there are certain people who like to throw their weight around on Borough Council as well.
Yes and no. From a governing standpoint there are not as many ideological clashes like you find in Harrisburg and DC. But off-year elections usually attract so-called supervoters and they usually harbor an ideological bent.
Info

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and no. From a governing standpoint there are not as many ideological clashes like you find in Harrisburg and DC. But off-year elections usually attract so-called supervoters and they usually harbor an ideological bent.
Supervoters? In Quakertown? That's funny. I'm sure there are few people who are in it for the community, but if you follow local politics, these people are in it for themselves. They just use their party affiliation to advance their own personal, selfish interests. The goons in Richland fit this to a T.
Joe

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Info wrote:
<quoted text>Supervoters? In Quakertown? That's funny. I'm sure there are few people who are in it for the community, but if you follow local politics, these people are in it for themselves. They just use their party affiliation to advance their own personal, selfish interests. The goons in Richland fit this to a T.
Supervoters are determined through vote history. For example, if someone has voted in four out of the last four elections, that person could be labeled a "supervoter." Depending upon messaging, a candidate may want to target that voter or not.
Float

Willow Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

The republicans are having their caucus on Tuesday night. Everyone should come out and protest.
Dooit

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, not too mention Registered Republicans that voted Democrate because the are sick of GOP!!!
Dooit

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Info wrote:
<quoted text>
Richland Township is a fine example of NOTHING GOOD! as long as BOD members are allowed to satisfy their own personal agendas!!
OATLOAFF's gotta go!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 54 of54
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Coopersburg Discussions

Search the Coopersburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Paul Stepanoff Needs to be Removed NOW! 1 hr UsedtotheLies 96
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 3 hr D Cheney 3,748
Window tinting 8 hr UsedtotheLies 3
Pod Casts worth following 12 hr Bald Brian 1
Hiker recovering from copperhead snake bite 15 hr Trailmaster 3
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) Sat Capt Lou 51,114
Brew pub in Dimmig Building Sat Ha Ha 43
•••

Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Lehigh County was issued at July 13 at 10:47PM EDT

•••
•••

Coopersburg News Video

•••
•••

Coopersburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Coopersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE