Progressive

Allentown, PA

#21 Jan 7, 2013
cool wrote:
Ms Scarborough was a huge asset to that council, hoping some step aside, because no matter what, they need fresh blood
Yep we need some progressive individuals and new blood but isn't Ms. Scarborough old blood?

Shouldn't the UBD be supporting Steve Biddle and Kathy Mosley in a bid as with Miss Scarborough?
Haha

Quakertown, PA

#22 Jan 7, 2013
Upper Bucks Dems? Funny one!

The same people who put out Mary Whitesell and Brian Kline who can't win anything.

Hilarious!
thinking

Roseland, NJ

#23 Jan 8, 2013
Well Mrs Scarborough was awesome, she just didnt get any help from democrats, and didnt get help with her ideas and initiatives. Plus she sat on the QA Board of directors and looked pretty
Rethinking

Quakertown, PA

#24 Jan 8, 2013
With Ms Scarborugh's looks and Mr Reinhart's brains they certainly have a winning ticket. I'm starting to get a little excited about the next election.
Oh God

Quakertown, PA

#25 Jan 8, 2013
Rethinking wrote:
With Ms Scarborugh's looks and Mr Reinhart's brains they certainly have a winning ticket. I'm starting to get a little excited about the next election.
Don't cream your shorts about it!
Progressive

Allentown, PA

#26 Jan 10, 2013
Haha wrote:
Upper Bucks Dems? Funny one!
The same people who put out Mary Whitesell and Brian Kline who can't win anything.
Hilarious!
The same people have to carry the whole organization. If more members would start volunteering and contributing we could get people like Mary and Ms Scarborough elected. With so much infighting we lose to ourselves.

Who is Mr. Reinhart that is running? The name isn't familiar.
QFF1723

Quakertown, PA

#27 Jan 10, 2013
Progressive wrote:
<quoted text>
The same people have to carry the whole organization. If more members would start volunteering and contributing we could get people like Mary and Ms Scarborough elected. With so much infighting we lose to ourselves.
Who is Mr. Reinhart that is running? The name isn't familiar.
Dave Reinhart is a Quakertown fire chief who carries a lot of weight in the boro. Current councilperson Dave Erwin was has been mentoring Mr. Reinhart for years. The volunteer firefighters represent a huge voting block in Q-town (It was FD support that got Mr. Erwin elected) and Mr. Reinhart is the forward thinker that the town needs to tighten it's belt.
LOL

Quakertown, PA

#28 Jan 10, 2013
QFF1723 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave Reinhart is a Quakertown fire chief who carries a lot of weight in the boro. Current councilperson Dave Erwin was has been mentoring Mr. Reinhart for years. The volunteer firefighters represent a huge voting block in Q-town (It was FD support that got Mr. Erwin elected) and Mr. Reinhart is the forward thinker that the town needs to tighten it's belt.
Come on dude, let's get real. This is Quakertown Council, not Philly or NYC Council. Now don't misunderstand me, there is work to do but let's keep it in perspective. If a current council member is doing the "mentoring" I would be wary of voting for that person. "Mentoring" is code for doing nothing to improve Quakertown.

The most effective Council member Quakertown ever had was Michelle Scarbough and the nitwits in 2011 voted her out of office. I would love to see her run again, along with Steve Biddle, Kathy Mosley, Nancy Roberts, Erin McGettingin and even Dave Zaiser. Quakertown needs a big shakeup to move forward.
Chester

Quakertown, PA

#29 Jan 10, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on dude, let's get real. This is Quakertown Council, not Philly or NYC Council. Now don't misunderstand me, there is work to do but let's keep it in perspective. If a current council member is doing the "mentoring" I would be wary of voting for that person. "Mentoring" is code for doing nothing to improve Quakertown.
The most effective Council member Quakertown ever had was Michelle Scarbough and the nitwits in 2011 voted her out of office. I would love to see her run again, along with Steve Biddle, Kathy Mosley, Nancy Roberts, Erin McGettingin and even Dave Zaiser. Quakertown needs a big shakeup to move forward.
I can't think of anybody who would cause a bigger shakeup then David Reinhard. That's a hole lot of shakin going on. We could then have the 3 Deves. Dave E, Dave Z, and Dave R
Progressive

Allentown, PA

#30 Jan 11, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the Dream Team. For the seventh lets nominate Patty Simcox from Naylor's Court.
michelle fan

Roseland, NJ

#31 Jan 11, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
She was good, did her homework, kept quiet and let our fellow repubulicans on council run the show. Didnt tip the boat, did a gREAT job with QA, we miss her...
Demdaddy

Quakertown, PA

#32 Jan 11, 2013
michelle fan wrote:
<quoted text>
She was good, did her homework, kept quiet and let our fellow repubulicans on council run the show. Didnt tip the boat, did a gREAT job with QA, we miss her...
I agree with you. We so desperately need new blood and ideas. It was mentioned earlier about mentoring. Well that;s exactly what goes on in council for decades. All they want is somebody with an already inflated ego who they, the old guard, can groom and mold into yes men. Just look at Williams and Erwin. Thier nothing but parrots repeating what the president wants them to say. I for one hope Michelle and some others run.
Progressive

Allentown, PA

#33 Jan 11, 2013
michelle fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why you think it good she let the Republicans run the show? what is QA.

Has Bill or Bruce spent any time mentoring her or other qualified candidates - would help encourage and get people motivated. They have 100 years of wisdom between them please share it with our people Michelle Kathy and Patty.
LOL

Quakertown, PA

#34 Jan 11, 2013
michelle fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait one second... Would do you mean she "let our fellow Republicans run the show"? Michelle stood her ground and introduced new ideas. Sorry but the current old guard Republicans are the problem. They do nothing and keep Quakertown from moving forward. If there are Republicans willing to be pro-active in improving Quakertown I would listen to their ideas. But so far that hasn't been the case.
Progressive

Allentown, PA

#35 Jan 12, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait one second... Would do you mean she "let our fellow Republicans run the show"? Michelle stood her ground and introduced new ideas. Sorry but the current old guard Republicans are the problem. They do nothing and keep Quakertown from moving forward. If there are Republicans willing to be pro-active in improving Quakertown I would listen to their ideas. But so far that hasn't been the case.
Help Michelle and Patty know what to fight against. what ways has the old guard stopped Quakertown from moving forward? what should be happening to help the town move forward that is not happenig? This would give the girls something to campaign. The problem has been the message. When David, John and Erin ran they had no organization and message. the UBD tried to help them but failed because of lack of volunteers and the men didn't get a good message to take to the people.
QFF1723

Quakertown, PA

#36 Jan 12, 2013
Dave Reinhart has a lot of liberal views and is definately for the blue collar working class having worked in a bucket factory for so many years. Because Erwin is mentoring him Dave will run on the Republican ticket. His only obsticle will be his close tirs to Brian Guenst.
LOL

Quakertown, PA

#37 Jan 12, 2013
Progressive wrote:
<quoted text>
Help Michelle and Patty know what to fight against. what ways has the old guard stopped Quakertown from moving forward? what should be happening to help the town move forward that is not happenig? This would give the girls something to campaign. The problem has been the message. When David, John and Erin ran they had no organization and message. the UBD tried to help them but failed because of lack of volunteers and the men didn't get a good message to take to the people.
My advice to any local candidate -- especially one running in a town/district with no media -- is door-knock like mad. Hit your targeted voters three or four times before the general election.

As for message all is a crap shoot without polling, so you have to use gut instincts. Take into consideration the age, gender, income levels, vote history, neighborhood location of targeted voters. And don't be afraid to expand your voter universe in this off-year election.

But I can't emphasize enough the personal contact through door-knocking. Voters like the two-way conversation through direct contact.
Haha

Quakertown, PA

#38 Jan 12, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
My advice to any local candidate -- especially one running in a town/district with no media -- is door-knock like mad. Hit your targeted voters three or four times before the general election.
As for message all is a crap shoot without polling, so you have to use gut instincts. Take into consideration the age, gender, income levels, vote history, neighborhood location of targeted voters. And don't be afraid to expand your voter universe in this off-year election.
But I can't emphasize enough the personal contact through door-knocking. Voters like the two-way conversation through direct contact.
But don't come off as far-left liberal or you'll have more than one person slam the door in your face. Center of the road or just right of center works best around here.
LOL

Quakertown, PA

#39 Jan 12, 2013
Haha wrote:
<quoted text>
But don't come off as far-left liberal or you'll have more than one person slam the door in your face. Center of the road or just right of center works best around here.
It really depends who your targeted voters are. If you're trying to expand the voter universe by targeting young Obama voters you can be bold. If you're targeting seniors and blue-collar voters weave a centrist narrative.
Info

Quakertown, PA

#40 Jan 13, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
It really depends who your targeted voters are. If you're trying to expand the voter universe by targeting young Obama voters you can be bold. If you're targeting seniors and blue-collar voters weave a centrist narrative.
Young Obama voters = mindless indoctrinated fools created by liberal college professors.

This is a conservative Republican area and will remain one. Take your progressive BS and move somewhere where it's wanted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coopersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i am new here,want to make friends (Oct '11) Fri In the Know 26
Girl in Red Kia Jul 31 Tits McGee 3
Local child rapist not on megans law Jul 31 Curiousity Cat 1
Bucks County News Feed (May '14) Jul 31 QMart lurker 133
Memories of Quakertown (Jan '10) Jul 30 Spice 754
Contractor Fraud - Tom Dwyer Jul 29 buckscoguy 3
How much do ELECTRICIANs charge? (Jul '11) Jul 29 2033_reallysucks 39
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coopersburg Mortgages