Area guardsman is accused of rape

Three Pennsylvania National Guardsmen, including one from the Coopersburg area, are facing sexual assault charges in what authorities say was a rape last year during a weekend training exercise in a barracks at ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dont judge a book

Auburn, PA

#22 Aug 22, 2008
TRIPLE K wrote:
Well, I suppose their respective girlfriends or what ever will probably say send them to Iraq with out weapons, and make them go downtown and sniff out a few suicide bombers, eh???? not a good situation for all....
Innocent until proven guilty. Right? You'd rather judge him based on a news article? Way to go. If it was my boyfriend and the sex with him was consentual like she said it was, I'd be right there with him until the final days when a verdict was reached and all the evidence was presented. Disgusting as the whole act was. If he lied about something to his current girlfriend, she'd find out, then have to weigh out his past verus their future. Good luck to those girls! It'd be a tough decision and they're just at the begining of the legal process.
Dont judge a book

Auburn, PA

#23 Aug 22, 2008
Are you serious wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse Me? Are you kidding? Did you even read the article. It says that it was consensual with the one male, and even if she did have sex with him that doesn't give two of his friends the right to rape her!!!! They obviously held her against her will if she was bruised. What other good reason does she have to come forward? They obviously have nothing to offer, that's why their in the military... while I do agree that women shouldn't put themselves in bad position, who are you to judge who she decides to sleep with, she should have been able to trust him considering he is training to be "HERO" for our country. How many Iraqi girls do you think these guys would have done this to if they would have gotten to Iraq? I think all three should be castrated.
For someone who doesn't think people should be so judgemental about the woman, YOU are pretty judgemental about the guys! On top of that, you think people in the military have nothing to offer!? Are YOU serious? By the way it doesn't say how she got the bruises, she could have been so eager to get into the bathroom to have sex with the one guy that she tripped and bruised herself. I'm not saying I know that was what happened, just that there's a lot more to this story than the news has been reporting.
abcd1234

Atlanta, GA

#24 Aug 22, 2008
Biker wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak as though you have some experience with this. Please enlighten us. As a 20+ year Army veteran, I am VERY interested in your response. And, for the record, I am neither weak-minded, criminal, nor a polished turd. Don't be so quick to stereotype based on what these three are accused of.
So obviously you know that the military covers up a lot!
Arent you clever

Annville, PA

#25 Aug 22, 2008
abcd1234 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it? That's your response? Kinda pathetic that you don't have much to say when a well-spoken military man sets himself up as living proof that you're wrong. There's no doubt the military has covered things up at times, but your assumption that all army members are a waste of oxygen is rather small-minded of you.
whiteman

Coplay, PA

#26 Aug 22, 2008
whiteboys raping women,thats class.
whiteman

Coplay, PA

#27 Aug 22, 2008
must be nice to be white,rape a girl with thee guys now your a hero.
Biker

Annville, PA

#28 Aug 22, 2008
abcd1234 wrote:
<quoted text>
And obviously you know very little or nothing about the subject. I am interested to know if you have ever served in any branch of the military? I am merely trying to get to the root of your obvious dislike of the Army and those who serve in it. While I agree that these three soldiers should be punished to the fullest extent of the law if found guilty, it's a little disturbing how quickly you paint all of us with the same brush and delve into conspiracy theories.
Paltroon

United States

#29 Aug 22, 2008
Are you serious wrote:
<quoted text>
They obviously have nothing to offer, that's why their in the military... while I do agree that women shouldn't put themselves in bad position, who are you to judge who she decides to sleep with, she should have been able to trust him considering he is training to be "HERO" for our country. How many Iraqi girls do you think these guys would have done this to if they would have gotten to Iraq? I think all three should be castrated.
Nothing to offer? Yeah, I guess you're right; all of those who volunteered their time helping to teach in Iraqi schools (you know, the ones that NEVER allowed girls before we got there??)have nothing to offer any sector of society.
Ever had surgery? If you didn't have stiches as a result of that surgery, you can thank the Army.
You obviously use the internet, correct? This system was jointly developed by folks in the private sector AND the Army and Air Force.
Ever use nitrogen in your kevlar infused tires? Came from the Air Force and Army.
Ever vote? Guess where that right came from......yup, an all volunteer force that began a march against oppression in Lexington.
Were these 3 guys wrong? Not sure, wasn't there.....and by your IP address, I would say you weren't either. This is something that the courts need to decide.....not some blogger with nothing better to do than wait for a news article about some potentially bad seeds.
Wonder if you have anything more than a routine exposure to freedom that was paid for by the blood of (for the VAST majority) honorable men and women who give of themselves to be part of something MUCH greater than YOU will ever know.
Next time you see a veteran or a family member of a Fallen military member, you should thank them for what they have given in their lives for the basic rights and freedoms you enjoy.
Heroes, INDEED!!
whiteman

Coplay, PA

#30 Aug 22, 2008
they go to military to rape little girls in iraq.
Paltroon

United States

#31 Aug 22, 2008
whiteman wrote:
they go to military to rape little girls in iraq.
Gee, what a thoroughly investigated statement.
Lemme guess; Joe took your girlfriend and now everything even remotely negative about Army folk sends you to a blog to plaster totally ridiculous statements, right? Figured as much.
Wild Bill

Lititz, PA

#32 Aug 22, 2008
This is just to say that our Greensboro, NC poster is a complete axxhole
"They obviously have nothing to offer, that's why their in the military... "
is that how you feel about all men and women serving?? hmmmmmmmmm
abcd1234

Atlanta, GA

#33 Aug 23, 2008
Biker wrote:
<quoted text>
And obviously you know very little or nothing about the subject. I am interested to know if you have ever served in any branch of the military? I am merely trying to get to the root of your obvious dislike of the Army and those who serve in it. While I agree that these three soldiers should be punished to the fullest extent of the law if found guilty, it's a little disturbing how quickly you paint all of us with the same brush and delve into conspiracy theories.
As a matter of fact I have served in the Army, for 12 years to be exact. I've seen and heard more corruption in those 12 years than you could ever imagine. I was told by high ranking officers time and time again to turn a blind eye to things very similar to this which has happened at The Gap. Now that an incident such as this has hit the media, I'm sure the Army lawyers are working overtime thinking of ways to get these three criminals out of trouble and over to Iraq. Out of sight out of mind right...?
Oscar

Wilmington, DE

#34 Aug 24, 2008
abcd1234 wrote:
<quoted text>
As a matter of fact I have served in the Army, for 12 years to be exact. I've seen and heard more corruption in those 12 years than you could ever imagine. I was told by high ranking officers time and time again to turn a blind eye to things very similar to this which has happened at The Gap. Now that an incident such as this has hit the media, I'm sure the Army lawyers are working overtime thinking of ways to get these three criminals out of trouble and over to Iraq. Out of sight out of mind right...?
Did you even read the article? They aren't going to Iraq and the Army lawyers aren't even involved in this case. It's Lebanon county's jurisdiction. Genius.
everyone should shut up

Atlanta, GA

#35 Aug 24, 2008
Oscar wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you even read the article? They aren't going to Iraq and the Army lawyers aren't even involved in this case. It's Lebanon county's jurisdiction. Genius.
Yes the jurisdiction is lebanon county but the army isnt regulated by lebanon county. or is it? genius.
and the losers need lawyers and i will promise you there going to be from the army. its not just the army that covers shit up its all branchs. i was in the air force for 10years and cover ups are an everyday thing. so if you dont have any experince about serving than you should just shut your mouth
SNIPER SNAKE

Clementon, NJ

#36 Aug 24, 2008
yeah those Army boyz knew how to be true soilders. They took it for free and i cant argue with that. They had military power. Thats my boy GANG BAnG TAG YAAYYYYYY. HIT THAT. MATT TAGGERT I WENT TO HS WITH HIM. WTF WAS HE THINKIN?
Arent you clever

Annville, PA

#38 Aug 25, 2008
everyone should shut up wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the jurisdiction is lebanon county but the army isnt regulated by lebanon county. or is it? genius.
and the losers need lawyers and i will promise you there going to be from the army. its not just the army that covers **** up its all branchs. i was in the air force for 10years and cover ups are an everyday thing. so if you dont have any experince about serving than you should just shut your mouth
The Army lawyers are NOT involved because the guys weren't on active duty orders. They have no jurisdiction. UCMJ does not apply. The boys do need lawyers, but they have civilian lawyers, not army.
YOU can't make any promises about this case. You aren't involved. I am. I have just as much military experience as you do, so if there's anyone who should hold their tongue it would be you.
If you know of so many cover ups, perhaps you should have come forward with them. Doesn't hiding the truth make you just as guilty? Or were you just following orders?
MEE

Pittsburgh, PA

#40 Aug 26, 2008
I do not understand why it took eirht months for this to get processed!!! Not to mention why a 38 year old women would go back to an Army base with men she just met (at a bar). She then had sex in a bathroom!!! This sounds a little more like "next morning regret" then rape. The story has way too many holes in it.... Where are her friends???
Shes Lying

Pottstown, PA

#41 Sep 1, 2008
SNIPER SNAKE wrote:
yeah those Army boyz knew how to be true soilders. They took it for free and i cant argue with that. They had military power. Thats my boy GANG BAnG TAG YAAYYYYYY. HIT THAT. MATT TAGGERT I WENT TO HS WITH HIM.**** WAS HE THINKIN?
I went to HS w/Taggart too. He didn't take anything, free or otherwise. He had drunken sex w/a nasty slut which is stupid, but he would never rape somebody. I've seen him shitfaced drunk many a time, but he's never been physically aggressive. Taking the word of a slut who has sex with a stranger in a bathroom is foolish. Anyone remember Duke lacrosse team? The truth will come out Matt keep your head up.
WhataWorld

King Of Prussia, PA

#42 Aug 24, 2009
I went back and read the archives as well, and this is what I turned up. A 36 year old woman of Lebanon married with a son who works in the Lebanon county municipal system went to Frog's Hollow bar with a male friend (not her husband) at 23:30 on 12/14/07. At about 00:30 4 men from the GAP arrived at Frogs Hollow, one of them visibly intoxicated came on to the 36 year old female, she responded he is built like a brick shit house and danced with him and reciprocated. She knew he was drunk. At about 1:30 the male friend(not her husband) she came with was ready to leave, she took him home. At about 02:00am she returned to the bar, it was closed. She found the men in the parking lot. The men where going back to the barracks. Point: "so she never met these guys before, they are drunk, she is 36 married with a child, the soldiers range from 22-24 in age, none married, it's 2am in the morning and her decision is to go back to the barracks" yikes..what's wrong with that picture. So she drives one of the soldiers to the barracks, stops at one of the barracks and gets more beer with them.. They finally end up at one of the barracks all drunk, she goes into a army bathroom and agrees to have sex with one of the guys, other soldiers come into the bathroom to use it. She agrees to engage in sex with all of them, she put condoms on all of them, at one point another woman who was there opened the door and saw her engaging in these sexual escapades with all of them, she didn't say anything. Point: "Like help me these guys are raping me, scream to the others in the barracks male and female" So when she was finished with them, she left the barrack and then once caught by the husband, she decided to cry rape rather than explain to her husband, child and family that she is slut,...she didn't go to the hospital until 12/19/07 5 days after the incident. If you where raped by 3 guys you wouldn't go to the hospital the same day/hour/minute? The alleged victim pursued this because she was caught being a slut, the police and court system took it because it's a money maker.
WhataWorld

King Of Prussia, PA

#43 Jan 16, 2010
Are you serious, Are you really saying that the US Military only takes people who have nothing to offer. You just offended everyone man and woman who has served and provided you the very freedom you have today. It's people like you that make me sick, trashing the military and lumping everyone into the same pool. You are obviously uneducated, selfish, lazy and don't have anything to offer anyone.

If you read the case, this woman knew the soldiers where drunk, she pursued them earlier in the bar. She then took a male friend she was at the bar with home, 1:00am in the morning. Then came back to the bar looking for the soldiers, the bar was closed 2:00am so she drove around the parking lot until she found them. Then drove one of the soldiers back to the fort and went on a hunt for more alcohol, keep in mind this woman was 36 and married/divorcing with a child at the time so she knew better. She then went back to another barracks and engaged in sex with the soldiers in the bathroom. At one time another woman opened the door and looked in and saw her having sex in the bathroom. If you where being rapped by three men wouldn't you scream "Help they are raping me" No she continued to perform oral sex and even said this guy knows how to *%^# then got mad when one of the soldiers (drunk) got a little disrespectful probably and said something about taking pictures. She was afraid this was going to expose her as the slut she is to the legal authorities that where proceeding with the divorce. She then waited for 4 days before reporting it. Now 3 young men who served in Iraq have had their lives ruined forever. They will be discharged from the military and have records that will always follow them and they will have trouble finding a job. All because a slut decided to call it rape because she was caught being a slut.
Are you serious wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse Me? Are you kidding? Did you even read the article. It says that it was consensual with the one male, and even if she did have sex with him that doesn't give two of his friends the right to rape her!!!! They obviously held her against her will if she was bruised. What other good reason does she have to come forward? They obviously have nothing to offer, that's why their in the military... while I do agree that women shouldn't put themselves in bad position, who are you to judge who she decides to sleep with, she should have been able to trust him considering he is training to be "HERO" for our country. How many Iraqi girls do you think these guys would have done this to if they would have gotten to Iraq? I think all three should be castrated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coopersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Should the U.S. Do About ISIS? 1 hr Inquiring Mind 59
I'm an idiot, please help me decipher and under... 1 hr Inquiring Mind 37
Staats - Chellew Debate Oct. 20, 7pm Qtown Mich... 3 hr StaatsisaRINO 37
Methadone clinic (Feb '13) 15 hr Monica mehalshick 27
Memories of Quakertown (Jan '10) Wed Tom 750
Why vote for Craig Staats? Oct 21 StaatsisaMistake 99
Change in bus times Oct 20 Meh 2

Coopersburg News Video

Coopersburg Dating
Find my Match