Area guardsman is accused of rape

Three Pennsylvania National Guardsmen, including one from the Coopersburg area, are facing sexual assault charges in what authorities say was a rape last year during a weekend training exercise in a barracks at ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
omg

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Aug 22, 2008
Here we go again another woman who puts herself in a compromising position (libertally) then cries rape. She went back to the fort with three men and two other woman( after a night of drinking)
for what tea and krumpets. I'm sorry she knew exactly what was going to happen, Then she regretted what happened (BOOM) LET CRY RAPE NOW. These women need to stop putting themselves in these compromising positions and this would not happen. I blame the women. She chose to go back to the fort with the men .

Don't waste our tax money with a trial.
omg

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Aug 22, 2008
*Literally (sorry)
American

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Aug 22, 2008
That's one way to spread freedom and democracy. I'm saluting a flag now.
sue

Newark, DE

#4 Aug 22, 2008
omg wrote:
Here we go again another woman who puts herself in a compromising position (libertally) then cries rape. She went back to the fort with three men and two other woman( after a night of drinking)
for what tea and krumpets. I'm sorry she knew exactly what was going to happen, Then she regretted what happened (BOOM) LET CRY RAPE NOW. These women need to stop putting themselves in these compromising positions and this would not happen. I blame the women. She chose to go back to the fort with the men .
i could not of said it better
Im a good one

AOL

#5 Aug 22, 2008
Sgt. Alan W. Ledford Jr., 26, of 6672 Blue Church Road South, Upper Saucon Township, was arrested Wednesday along with Spc. Sean P. McMenamin, 24, of Pottstown, Montgomery County; and Spc. Matthew S. Taggart, 23, of Springfield, Delaware County..........bunch ..of pigs..........just few comments.....I wonder why..........
haha

Mantua, NJ

#7 Aug 22, 2008
hahahahaha he finally got caught!!!!!
Bite the Snare

AOL

#8 Aug 22, 2008
Shame be upon the swine that cast a stone against the tormented.
~xXx~
David J. Bhaltazhar Esq.
Internal Affairs
Nisky Hill, PA
TRIPLE K

Mertztown, PA

#9 Aug 22, 2008
Well, I suppose their respective girlfriends or what ever will probably say send them to Iraq with out weapons, and make them go downtown and sniff out a few suicide bombers, eh???? not a good situation for all....
AnalyzingDFacts

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Aug 22, 2008
omg wrote:
for what tea and krumpets. I'm sorry she knew exactly what was going to happen, Then she regretted what happened (BOOM) LET CRY RAPE NOW.

These women need to stop putting themselves in these compromising positions and this would not happen. I blame the women. She chose to go back to the fort with the men .
Wow! Excellent post! I agree one hundred 100% percent with you!

I for one can tell you when I was in the military...the booze gets funneled with the "MESS-HALL" crew!

Yes indeed that's how the booze gets to these training camps!

Food-and-Booze! Just as simple as that. That's how they transported all our booze to us back in the days!
bob

Wyoming, PA

#11 Aug 22, 2008
Why did it take her 4 days to reveal what happened. Rape is never right but waiting so long to report it when you are an adult is wrong. First it says she had consenual sex then she called it rape. As for the pictures who knows if she did not agree to them. The guys are getting a raw deal here.
Way Out

Allentown, PA

#12 Aug 22, 2008
These guys have found a way out of being shipped to Iraq---just do your raping and pillaging here. Make sure you collect evidence of your crimes and get caught. A little bail and a good lawyer and there you have it--no IED's for you.
Are you serious

Greensboro, NC

#13 Aug 22, 2008
omg wrote:
Excuse Me? Are you kidding? Did you even read the article. It says that it was consensual with the one male, and even if she did have sex with him that doesn't give two of his friends the right to rape her!!!! They obviously held her against her will if she was bruised. What other good reason does she have to come forward? They obviously have nothing to offer, that's why their in the military... while I do agree that women shouldn't put themselves in bad position, who are you to judge who she decides to sleep with, she should have been able to trust him considering he is training to be "HERO" for our country. How many Iraqi girls do you think these guys would have done this to if they would have gotten to Iraq? I think all three should be castrated.

“Can't we all just get along?”

Since: Jul 08

The Lovely Lehigh Valley

#14 Aug 22, 2008
Women, PLEASE respect yourselves enough to not put yourselves in comprimising positions. I won't go so far to say as this woman deserved what happened to her (if she was actually raped and it wasn't a case of "next day regret" - no one but her and the men involved know the answer to that question) but just like you shouldn't leave your doors unlocked at night, or leave your car unlocked or anything else that puts you at risk to be a crime victim... don't go to strange places with men you don't know! It's asking for trouble.
BOB: RE: your comment about it first being consensual sex, then rape - I think that means it was consensual with one of the guys but not the other? but I have to re-read the article to be sure...
abcd1234

Atlanta, GA

#15 Aug 22, 2008
Don't worry, the Army will get those scumbags out of jail without anything going to trial. They're great for harboring criminals and covering up the fact that they have a constant habit of enlisting weak minded, good for nothing criminals. It's about time the Army starts taking a closer look at everyone they're enlisting rather than "trying to polish a turd" that will amount to nothing anyway.
JUST OBSERVING

Fairport, NY

#16 Aug 22, 2008
Are you serious wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse Me? Are you kidding? Did you even read the article. It says that it was consensual with the one male, and even if she did have sex with him that doesn't give two of his friends the right to rape her!!!! They obviously held her against her will if she was bruised. What other good reason does she have to come forward? They obviously have nothing to offer, that's why their in the military... while I do agree that women shouldn't put themselves in bad position, who are you to judge who she decides to sleep with, she should have been able to trust him considering he is training to be "HERO" for our country. How many Iraqi girls do you think these guys would have done this to if they would have gotten to Iraq? I think all three should be castrated.
Thank you so much! Of course these pigs on here think it's the woman's fault. These 3 (one of which I went to high school with and trust me I can see him doing this) deserve to go to Iraq with NO weapons! What poor excuses for men!
ft lad resident

AOL

#17 Aug 22, 2008
Are you serious wrote:
<quoted text>
are you a fool or what, she was horney, got laid and now is unhappy when she sobered up. Tuff like -itch, probaly gave bad head anyway!!
noway

Lebanon, PA

#18 Aug 22, 2008
omg wrote:
Are you kidding me??? So, what you are saying is that if you use bad judgement then you deserve to have a violent crime commited against you? If you choose to carry large sums of money in your pocket, and some criminal beats you over the head and steals it, you have noone to blame but yourself for being dumb enough to carry that much money on you and the thief is not at all responsible for his actions?? You are totally out of line!!!!
get over yourself

Auburn, PA

#19 Aug 22, 2008
haha wrote:
hahahahaha he finally got caught!!!!!
Guess he didn't call you after a night of fun either! Can we say 'bitter'?
Biker

Annville, PA

#20 Aug 22, 2008
abcd1234 wrote:
Don't worry, the Army will get those scumbags out of jail without anything going to trial. They're great for harboring criminals and covering up the fact that they have a constant habit of enlisting weak minded, good for nothing criminals. It's about time the Army starts taking a closer look at everyone they're enlisting rather than "trying to polish a turd" that will amount to nothing anyway.
You speak as though you have some experience with this. Please enlighten us. As a 20+ year Army veteran, I am VERY interested in your response. And, for the record, I am neither weak-minded, criminal, nor a polished turd. Don't be so quick to stereotype based on what these three are accused of.
Get Serious

Clinton, MD

#21 Aug 22, 2008
She needs money

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coopersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Staats - Chellew Debate Oct. 20, 7pm Qtown Mich... 1 hr HuggyBear 36
Methadone clinic (Feb '13) 4 hr Monica mehalshick 27
I'm an idiot, please help me decipher and under... 5 hr dbar 36
What Should the U.S. Do About ISIS? 5 hr dbar 58
Memories of Quakertown (Jan '10) Wed Tom 750
Why vote for Craig Staats? Oct 21 StaatsisaMistake 99
Change in bus times Oct 20 Meh 2

Coopersburg News Video

Coopersburg Dating
Find my Match