Nurses Accused Of Swiping Pain Medication From Hospitals

Full story: WFMZ 72
The Pennsylvania Attorney General announced today the arrests of four nurses who worked for the Lehigh Valley Health Network. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
DrugsandProfits

Camp Hill, AL

#66 Dec 5, 2009
Am I the only person who wants honest, sober drug-free doctors and nurses?

Am I the only person who wants to remain living drug free?

Don't we have enough medical malpractice happening now? Without workers being on drugs? I am aware of horrendous true stories in hospitals where patients died needlessly WHEN THE DOCS AND NURSES WERE DRUG FREE BUT NEGLIGENT, IGNORANT, LAZY, INCOMPETENT, OVERWORKED. And they all covered them up...it's a "I'll keep quiet for you if you'll keep quiet for me" mentality while your children, parents, loved ones...and you end up maimed for life or dead...at the hands of these monsters.

Do you really want high, sleepy, drowsy, confused health care workers administering your care?

Perhaps we should allow drugged nurses and docs to work but insist they wear visible ankle bracelets or big signs warning the patients which ones are on illegal drugs. Then the patients can decide if they want druggies caring for them or drug free intelligent, responsible nurses and docs.
cjj

Eau Claire, WI

#67 Dec 6, 2009
Then the patients can decide if they want druggies caring for them or drug free intelligent, responsible nurses and docs
Drug free=intelligent, responsible? HA! If only.
Jim

Coraopolis, PA

#68 Dec 7, 2009
JohnRN65, Look at the DSM IV definition of addiction or Alcohol Abuse Syndrome and I think you will agree that addiction as a disease is BS brought about by the PCs among us, it is clearly a behavior issue.

As one who has been through PAs VRP I can say that for a majority of people in these programs they truly DO NOT work, the PA Peer Assistance program to which you refer is new and is unproven, in point of fact it is mearly(sp) an extenssion of the VRP and run by the same incompetants who over see the VRP/DMU.
Tammy

Shippingport, PA

#69 Dec 8, 2009
JohnRN65 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not think it is a disease but you do not have MD or Phd after your name do you. The medical field has deemed addiction a disease and it has all the qualifying factors of any other disease. Do your research and make an education statement next time.
You see it's people like you that assume to know what kind of education others have when you don't even know them. Just because I don't put those credentials behind my name on the forums what makes you think I don't have any credentials, you don't know. As others have pointed out here not everyone in the medical field believes addiction is a disease. The points that are used to say it fits the criteria of a disease are very subjective. It's a fact that there are many health issues that come about because of an addiction to drugs and or alcolol. That still doesn't make it a disease. You say my statement was unintelligent only because you don't agree with me. You choose to believe those that say it's addiction and believe the things they say are fact. I choose to believe those that say it is not an addiction and the things that they say are fact. Everyone that I have ever come across who has an addiction and refers to it as a disease has used that as a way to excuse their behavior. When they are in recovery and "fall off the wagon" they just say "Oh well, it's not my fault. I have a disease." No you made a mistake and gave into bad judgement like most people have at one time or another. Take responsability, get help, start over, change things and move on. Those I have met with addictions who don't use it as an excuse believe as I do, it is not a disease.
jones

AOL

#70 Dec 8, 2009
Tammy wrote:
<quoted text>
You see it's people like you that assume to know what kind of education others have when you don't even know them. Just because I don't put those credentials behind my name on the forums what makes you think I don't have any credentials, you don't know. As others have pointed out here not everyone in the medical field believes addiction is a disease. The points that are used to say it fits the criteria of a disease are very subjective. It's a fact that there are many health issues that come about because of an addiction to drugs and or alcolol. That still doesn't make it a disease. You say my statement was unintelligent only because you don't agree with me. You choose to believe those that say it's addiction and believe the things they say are fact. I choose to believe those that say it is not an addiction and the things that they say are fact. Everyone that I have ever come across who has an addiction and refers to it as a disease has used that as a way to excuse their behavior. When they are in recovery and "fall off the wagon" they just say "Oh well, it's not my fault. I have a disease." No you made a mistake and gave into bad judgement like most people have at one time or another. Take responsability, get help, start over, change things and move on. Those I have met with addictions who don't use it as an excuse believe as I do, it is not a disease.
It's only recognized as a disease if you're in a union or are politically connected. From the first time you go for rehab to the last , you can keep falling off the wagon and have your job and rehab waiting for you.

If you're Joe Schmoe the first time you use drugs or alcohol on the job you don't have a job and you're on your own. Politicians and wanna be movie stars helped get this legislation put in because they're constantly falling over their lifestyle.

The golfer should be checking in one of those rest homes any day now to escape the attention.
Sam

Macungie, PA

#71 Dec 8, 2009
RSD Survivor wrote:
<quoted text> And you're basing your opinion on a movie called "Fred Claus?????" Yup, people are past nice and you're one of them. What does "kids killing their parents" have to do with this? You're WAY out there..........
It took you over a week to come back and bash that poster? LOL Either you're a very angry person or your meds are getting to you. Either way, you don't comprehend very well. Mostly, you need to get a life!
Tammy

Shippingport, PA

#72 Dec 8, 2009
jones wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only recognized as a disease if you're in a union or are politically connected. From the first time you go for rehab to the last , you can keep falling off the wagon and have your job and rehab waiting for you.
If you're Joe Schmoe the first time you use drugs or alcohol on the job you don't have a job and you're on your own. Politicians and wanna be movie stars helped get this legislation put in because they're constantly falling over their lifestyle.
The golfer should be checking in one of those rest homes any day now to escape the attention.
You are absolutely right. It's also forced into the criteria of a desease for money. Lets face it rehabs and thereapy will not get government funding or insurance companies to pay the bill unless it's termed a disease. Now you have a double edged sword, they get paid so they can continue to help those with addictions and those with addictions get an excuse to say it's not their fault.
Tammy

Shippingport, PA

#73 Dec 8, 2009
sorry about the spelling. I didn't catch some of it untill after I hit post.
Sam

Macungie, PA

#74 Dec 8, 2009
Tammy, jones, it's nice to see people post that aren't caught up in all the bs that is passed around nowadays. :)
jones

AOL

#75 Dec 8, 2009
Thanks for the compliment . I'm usually not on anyones complimentary lists.

Unfortunately , and from what I hear, the nurses will lose there license to practice again and only be able to practice their profession in a limited place of nursing. So far it doesn't matter that one or more have been on rehab for the last six months.

The Internet and things like C-span and PCN news has opened up a lot of things we were never privy to.

Keep hammering away at everything you read or see that are ruining our way of life. The full story of the nurses hasn't been completed yet so I'll give it a wait and see.

I hate to repeat another post but where is the bigger crime? In all our politicians in PA, DC, that are down right stealing and philandering our taxes or in drug or alcohol abuse. Maybe all three are equally wrong ? Oh, alcohol is legal but just as lethal.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#76 Dec 9, 2009
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
It took you over a week to come back and bash that poster? LOL Either you're a very angry person or your meds are getting to you. Either way, you don't comprehend very well. Mostly, you need to get a life!
What is YOUR problem? Obviously you don't comprehend very well. First you say it took me a week to come back,blah, blah, blah. Then you tell me to get a life.The fact that I have a life is the reason it took me a week.
Who are you to say "I'm a very angry person or my meds are getting to me."
Stay on topic. It's people like YOU that ruin these threads Sam or whoever you are.Next time change your name to "NONE OF MY BUSINESS"
Sam

Macungie, PA

#77 Dec 9, 2009
RSD Survivor wrote:
<quoted text>What is YOUR problem? Obviously you don't comprehend very well. First you say it took me a week to come back,blah, blah, blah. Then you tell me to get a life.The fact that I have a life is the reason it took me a week.
Who are you to say "I'm a very angry person or my meds are getting to me."
Stay on topic. It's people like YOU that ruin these threads Sam or whoever you are.Next time change your name to "NONE OF MY BUSINESS"
Another lie! It must suck for you to mad at the world. I saw that you did respond over a week ago and then it took you that long to bash someone again?! LOL Now you accuse me of changing my name? You got problems girl. Do drugs much? So much for you having a life if you have to re-read threads and then come back with another response over a week later! LOL Obviously you let these posts weigh heavily on your mind because you take this stuff so seriously. LOL Please, please...I'm asking you nicely...get a life or at the very least, get some better meds!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coopersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Staats - Chellew Debate Oct. 20, 7pm Qtown Mich... 6 hr Question 101
Casey's Bakery Tue BGG22 2
Giant supermarket self checkout? (Jan '14) Mon LGK 30
Downtown Dogs Dec 22 stardog1960 14
A Plus Family Dental Dec 22 Stardog 1960 22
Brew pub in Dimmig Building (May '14) Dec 19 ITS STEP ONE 49
Ametek U.S. Gauge (Jul '12) Dec 19 b9 b9 b9 b9 121

Coopersburg News Video

Coopersburg Dating
Find my Match