Nurses Accused Of Swiping Pain Medication From Hospitals

Full story: WFMZ

The Pennsylvania Attorney General announced today the arrests of four nurses who worked for the Lehigh Valley Health Network.
Comments
1 - 20 of 72 Comments Last updated Dec 9, 2009
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
jack

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Let's see LVH buy their way out of this? That place NEVER has negative news or feedback, because it's the payoffs they make to everybody in the region!Nothing like this ever comes to light at that organization, and it's not because it doesn't occur, it does! They just cover up & hide everything from the public. A-1 P.R.
Winston Smith

Blakeslee, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Corbett= Grandstander

Governor wannabe

look at me I'm doing my job

Seize Policellis property

then we will talk

wind bag
jimmy mack

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

damn been there done that and it's awful to be addicted unless of course your in recovery

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

jimmy mack wrote:
damn been there done that and it's awful to be addicted unless of course your in recovery
You're the only one who "hit the nail on the head." I guess this is a serious problem or he wouldn't be investigating it. Most people see the criminal aspect of this, not the disease that's present.Hopefully, all these people will get the help they need.
Joan

Collingswood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

RSD Survivor wrote:
<quoted text> You're the only one who "hit the nail on the head." I guess this is a serious problem or he wouldn't be investigating it. Most people see the criminal aspect of this, not the disease that's present.Hopefully, all these people will get the help they need.
YOU'RE AN AZZ! The disease? It's idiots like you that make excuses for peoples criminal actions that keeps them from getting the help they really need.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

It's unfortunate that all of these nurses have an addiction, but it is no excuse to threaten patient safety and care. I understand that some of you think that LVH "pays off" so that the news is covered up. I can assure you that is NOT true. Drug diversion is a serious offense, and is not taken lightly. Those accused of diverting medications are disciplined accordingly and suspended from the time of knowledge. I am sorry that some of you think that the network covers things up, but this is not a true statment and that goes for everyone who works there, not just the nurses. I agree that those in question should be charged, and be held responsible for their actions. However, do not group all healthcare workers in they category that these nurses are in. They are the exception, and will pay the consequences.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Joan wrote:
<quoted text>YOU'RE AN ****! The disease? It's idiots like you that make excuses for peoples criminal actions that keeps them from getting the help they really need.
Joan I'm sorry that you feel that way, let me ask you... How often does someone who is abusing narcotics (prescription or illicit) ask for help to get off without getting caught, arrested, or accused. Your comment shows how naive you are about abuse and addiction, which I assure you is a disease process. Yes there are some out there who try it "for fun" but those who use long term, are addiction and it is a disease. Withdrawal is not fun, but it is a clinical symptom of the disease. Read the journal articles and educate youself before passing judgement and giving comments that are uneducated. Some times those caught is what they need to get help, it's called a cry for help.
anonymous

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

jack wrote:
Let's see LVH buy their way out of this? That place NEVER has negative news or feedback, because it's the payoffs they make to everybody in the region!Nothing like this ever comes to light at that organization, and it's not because it doesn't occur, it does! They just cover up & hide everything from the public. A-1 P.R.
Is this idiot kidding me?????????
Sounds like someone who has a chip on his shoulder. LVH is THE BEST health care in the region, BAR NONE. I am sure "JACK" goes to LVH for his care!!!! Although now that I think about it, maybe he doesn't, BECAUSE HE IS AN IDIOT.

Since: Sep 08

Emmaus PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

That isn't all they were stealing. I was in the ER November 7 and someone stole my necklace and earrings while I was being treated. Ambulance personnel remember me having them on. I remember them removing them and when I arrived home early that morning they were gone.
edf138

Blandon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Oh My!!!
Blondie

Schnecksville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Everyone posting these negative comments must lead a perfect perfect life. THese people are human. They are human...Just like you and I. I know one of these nurses and they are one of the kindest nicest people I know. Yes they made a mistake but the person I know is doing everything he can to over come this. Does not give ANYONE the right to judge....Because some day it could happen to you or someone you love!
mIKE

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

I need some Vicadin..
Joan

Collingswood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Maryellen Iobst wrote:
That isn't all they were stealing. I was in the ER November 7 and someone stole my necklace and earrings while I was being treated. Ambulance personnel remember me having them on. I remember them removing them and when I arrived home early that morning they were gone.
That must be part of the "disease"! What's wrong with you?!:)
The Nightingale Pledge

Cape May Court House, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

I solemnly pledge myself before God and in the presence of this assembly, to pass my life in purity and to practice my profession faithfully. I will abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous, and will not take or knowingly administer any harmful drug. I will do all in my power to maintain and elevate the standard of my profession, and will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to my keeping and all family affairs coming to my knowledge in the practice of my calling. With loyalty will I endeavor to aid the physician, in his work, and devote myself to the welfare of those committed to my care.

I don't feel sorry for these nurses. They took a pledge which they broke. They also broke the trust and confidence of the people in their care. Quit giving passes and start holding people accountable for their actions. They should do jail-time in my opinion.
Joan

Collingswood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Joan I'm sorry that you feel that way, let me ask you... How often does someone who is abusing narcotics (prescription or illicit) ask for help to get off without getting caught, arrested, or accused. Your comment shows how naive you are about abuse and addiction, which I assure you is a disease process. Yes there are some out there who try it "for fun" but those who use long term, are addiction and it is a disease. Withdrawal is not fun, but it is a clinical symptom of the disease. Read the journal articles and educate youself before passing judgement and giving comments that are uneducated. Some times those caught is what they need to get help, it's called a cry for help.
"Some times those caught is what they need to get help, it's called a cry for help."

Do you realize how stupid that sounds? I doubt it very much. You must be an avid Oprah/Dr Phil watcher. LOL IT'S A CRY FOR HELP? Ha Ha. The only crying they do is because they got caught which means financial strains, humiliation, strains on their families and friendships and everything that justifiably goes along with their criminal behavior. If these characters were part of some minority group, everyone would be crying to string them up!
Winston Smith

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Now we as a society can punish them with our "Draconian" drug laws . Since the Nixon administration declared the war on drugs the usage rate is literally UNCHANGED !!!!(40 YEARS LATER)This with the stiff penalties and jailtime (for the few) and the slaps on the wrists for the privleged and well to do ,the entire U.S. with mostly minority filled jails . We house the most prisoners per capita compared to the entire world !!! And I don't want to hear ignorant responses that the minorities commit more crimes . Does it ever occur to you why when you read the area arrests for DUI we rarely hear of a police officer or politician being arrested . Or say, the Mayor of Bethlehem? Why if you look at the roster in the courthouse do you find all types of careered people but none of the connected represented . Demographics dictate there should be representatives from ALL walks of life . The justice system does not work for most people because of people like Corbett

Corbett is a Charletan
Joan

Collingswood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

The Nightingale Pledge wrote:
I solemnly pledge myself before God and in the presence of this assembly, to pass my life in purity and to practice my profession faithfully. I will abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous, and will not take or knowingly administer any harmful drug. I will do all in my power to maintain and elevate the standard of my profession, and will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to my keeping and all family affairs coming to my knowledge in the practice of my calling. With loyalty will I endeavor to aid the physician, in his work, and devote myself to the welfare of those committed to my care.
I don't feel sorry for these nurses. They took a pledge which they broke. They also broke the trust and confidence of the people in their care. Quit giving passes and start holding people accountable for their actions. They should do jail-time in my opinion.
I agree but it seems as though people in general are past "nice" people being held accountable for their actions. Kids are killing their parents and with lame excuses they get a slap on the wrist. Women murder their pastor husbands and get a slap on the wrist. Have you ever seen "fred claus"? Now there are no naughty children. They are simply misunderstood! And people wonder why this world we live in is such a mess but too proud to want to know the real reasons. They know it all!
jrs

Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Blondie wrote:
Everyone posting these negative comments must lead a perfect perfect life. THese people are human. They are human...Just like you and I. I know one of these nurses and they are one of the kindest nicest people I know. Yes they made a mistake but the person I know is doing everything he can to over come this. Does not give ANYONE the right to judge....Because some day it could happen to you or someone you love!
I agree... I did also and she was the kindest motherly type person... This could happen to anyone and it is sad for anyone who has an addiction... I pray they get help and can move forward in their life!
sympathy

Center Valley, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Maryellen Iobst wrote:
I am at a loss of words to respond to this rediculous comment. Maryellen Iobst, YOU ARE PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!
Winston Smith

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Maryellen

Don't bother to report the theft to the Corbett office
no political hay to make for him with that one
nothing to see move along
vote for me

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Coopersburg Discussions

Search the Coopersburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
smoking nurses 2 hr Snowman 57
heller road 12 hr melvin 17
Trailer hitch installation (Jan '11) 16 hr jason 5
A Plus Family Dental Mon Opinion 13
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) Mon T Wolf 51,196
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Mon Eddie Swindell 3,824
How many women go braless ? NO MEN and Ladies b... (Mar '10) Mon Lisa 91
•••
•••

Coopersburg News Video

•••
Coopersburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Coopersburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000