Business Slowed By Construction

Business Slowed By Construction

There are 33 comments on the WFMZ story from Jun 7, 2010, titled Business Slowed By Construction. In it, WFMZ reports that:

Some businesses along Route 309 said "business as usual" has taken a back-seat to construction cones.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CoopFan

Hellertown, PA

#21 Jun 8, 2010
What really stinks with all the contruction is all the out of towners who think cutting through Main Street is quicker. Your just backing up another road trying to cut through. Main Street in Coopersburg was never meant or cut out for the amount of traffic it has seen in the last year. Just makes it harder for us who live in Coopersburg to get home, plus has caused many accidents on the back roads. Saw the construction crews today actually black topping! Keep if moving boys!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#22 Jun 8, 2010
CoopFan wrote:
What really stinks with all the contruction is all the out of towners who think cutting through Main Street is quicker. Your just backing up another road trying to cut through. Main Street in Coopersburg was never meant or cut out for the amount of traffic it has seen in the last year. Just makes it harder for us who live in Coopersburg to get home, plus has caused many accidents on the back roads. Saw the construction crews today actually black topping! Keep if moving boys!
A couple of my favorites:(1) The geniuses who take main street off of 309 (to miss a minimal amount of traffic) during the evening rush hour, only to try and turn left onto Passer road - only to get stuck there while everyone else and their mother coming the other way is turning right onto Passer rd; (2) Somewhat related to the last one: the brainchildren who "block" everyone else by taking up the whole lane while turning left onto Fairmount; (3) tractor trailers... seriously - WTF are they doing on main street? I'm sure I'll think of more to whine about in a little while.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#23 Jun 8, 2010
wow.. W-T-F is censored? Shame on me.

“Learning from others is good.”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#24 Jun 8, 2010
Devildog78 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's actually not too bad, so long as you know to use main street and the backroads to Quakertown. Plus, it should be really nice (and safer) once it's all done. If I do have to use 309, it's typically the inconsiderate "front-platers" who don't know how to drive and cut everyone off that get on my nerves.
I got lost on their back detour roads once, I was out of the way over 30 miles, nice drive though. I miracously found my way back.
Que

Allentown, PA

#25 Jun 8, 2010
Suezanne wrote:
<quoted text>
I got lost on their back detour roads once, I was out of the way over 30 miles, nice drive though. I miracously found my way back.
Sounds like when route 313 was closed through Dublin years ago. The detour was scenic but hard to follow. If you took a wrong turn and you'd be in Easton or New Hope!
Que

Allentown, PA

#26 Jun 8, 2010
Suezanne wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Boy an hour just went by, nice chatting with you. Noone wants to listen to me here, they tell me to go away, so I vent on the net.
You're welcome! I had to run out and enjoy the day! Too much time by the 'puter!:)

Going to get out for a nice bike ride!:)

“Learning from others is good.”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#27 Jun 8, 2010
Que wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome! I had to run out and enjoy the day! Too much time by the 'puter!:)
Going to get out for a nice bike ride!:)
Another nice day today. Anyway. some detours can get fusing if your not familiar with all of the back roads. I followed the detoursigns to get out, and they stopped. I had to find my way out. Then I followed the trucker detour, which was a highway, that's how I found my way out.
beachlvr2448

Lebanon, PA

#28 Jun 9, 2010
Que wrote:
I could have dug that road with my shovel faster than they are doing. There must be a crew of a whole 5 or 10 men working on the entire road.
I guess that H&K is milking the job as filler work. A year to dig up a mile of road?
Old man Haines must have greased Rendell's palm. Never before have I seen such a straightforward project take so long.
I highly doubt that you could have dug the road with your shovel faster.

Obviously you have never worked in construction to realize that construction companies can only go by the state regulations and the weather.

I can tell you personally H & K is on one of the best constuction companies around. I rather have them fix my roadways than any of these other fly by nighters that claim they can do as good of a job. So I'd stop bitching before you must fix your own damm roads.
Que

Allentown, PA

#29 Jun 9, 2010
beachlvr2448 wrote:
<quoted text>
I highly doubt that you could have dug the road with your shovel faster.
Obviously you have never worked in construction to realize that construction companies can only go by the state regulations and the weather.
I can tell you personally H & K is on one of the best constuction companies around. I rather have them fix my roadways than any of these other fly by nighters that claim they can do as good of a job. So I'd stop bitching before you must fix your own damm roads.
GMAFB.

This is the SLOWEST road project I've seen around here in the past 10 years. Only the Linden St. bridge was longer and it was because they ran out of money.

There can't be more than a half dozen or so people on this project.

Maybe I'll se ol Haines at the truck show weekend after next and give him a piece of my mind.... lol!

“Learning from others is good.”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#30 Jun 9, 2010
Well, if the reasoning behind it is they have to to take their time and make sure it's done right than so be it.
Que

Allentown, PA

#31 Jun 9, 2010
Suezanne wrote:
Well, if the reasoning behind it is they have to to take their time and make sure it's done right than so be it.
That's true, but I take the back roads now that 309 is a mess. More relaxing and just as quick.

Much nicer to see the occasional deer and turkey in the fields... and even a farm with buffalo/bison!

Beats fighting the turkeys driving crazy on 309!:)

“Learning from others is good.”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#32 Jun 9, 2010
Que wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true, but I take the back roads now that 309 is a mess. More relaxing and just as quick.
Much nicer to see the occasional deer and turkey in the fields... and even a farm with buffalo/bison!
Beats fighting the turkeys driving crazy on 309!:)
I've been using the back roads since this started, now I know them well.
Que

Allentown, PA

#33 Jun 9, 2010
Suezanne wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been using the back roads since this started, now I know them well.
It's so much more relaxing too! I can go almost 20 miles and have only 3 stop signs and no traffic lights!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coopersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
qcsd 12 hr afro puff 5
Tim Arnold stout Republican Thu See You Later 1
w o plus / home depot Thu Its Raining 2
Obama Tracking You By Your License Plate (Jul '13) Sep 27 Carl 23
Guitar Villa Demo / New Building? Sep 23 Not a Chipotle 2
MUSLIMS Who cares Sep 23 pissed 9
News Two charged in Quakertown burglary (Jun '12) Sep 23 HaterzgonnaHATE 5

Coopersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coopersburg Mortgages