Business Slowed By Construction

Full story: WFMZ

Some businesses along Route 309 said "business as usual" has taken a back-seat to construction cones.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jobagofdonuts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Im sure its hurt sales at the scoop but there prices sure do show it ! WAY overpriced Ice Cream... Go to the little store in town.. Much better and cheaper...
Jobagofdonuts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Penn Dot....They are down at the end of the construction... Watching from the Dunkin Donuts...
What a joke the are....lol

“Space monkeys go home.”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Isn't this mess done Yet !!! When is it scheduled to be done ? I'll have to check penn dot's schedule.
Que

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

I could have dug that road with my shovel faster than they are doing. There must be a crew of a whole 5 or 10 men working on the entire road.

I guess that H&K is milking the job as filler work. A year to dig up a mile of road?

Old man Haines must have greased Rendell's palm. Never before have I seen such a straightforward project take so long.

“Space monkeys go home.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Maybe too many Qualudes.
Que

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Suezanne wrote:
Maybe too many Qualudes.
ROLFMAO!:)

“Space monkeys go home.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Que wrote:
<quoted text>
ROLFMAO!:)
I keep seeing this around the forum, I always wondered what this means?
Que

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Suezanne wrote:
<quoted text>
"Rolling on the floor laughing my A @@ off!"
Que

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Suezanne wrote:
<quoted text>
And me bad, a typo, it's ROFLMAO!:)

“Space monkeys go home.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Que wrote:
<quoted text>
"Rolling on the floor laughing my A @@ off!"
Thanks, Boy an hour just went by, nice chatting with you. Noone wants to listen to me here, they tell me to go away, so I vent on the net.
just sayin

Center Valley, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

So the diner went to the Boro and had the traffic patterns changed to suit their agenda (regadless of the annoyances it created for the neighbors) and it didn't make any difference. Nice
just sayin

Center Valley, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Oh and as for the completion date...it is suppose to be Oct this year. Rumor has it that the could be done sooner, BUT the company is dragging it out because they have nothing schedule afer that.
wow

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Why isn't there a due date and late penalty in the contract?? government at its finest.
justsayingwowbac k

Perryopolis, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

It could be just my warped brain, but please explain how it would be beneficial for the company to drag this project out, regardless of a late penalty or a due date?

“Space monkeys go home.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

wow wrote:
Why isn't there a due date and late penalty in the contract?? government at its finest.
Excellent Point !
Miles

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

"Construction is supposed to be complete in October, but businesses on 309 are hoping for an early completion"

LMAO

Like the project will finish early, heck it probably won't finish on time.
Jobagofdonutsisa dork

Cranbury, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

The Inside Scoop Overpriced!? ARE YOU NUTS? Their prices are by far much more reasonable by the crap at DQ and B-R! Plus it is all made on site and absolutely delicious!!! The building is really cool too. Why don't you get educated before you spew off your donut filled rear-end?
Mr Nobody Scott

Worcester, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

My donut filled ear is just a bit smarter than your sorryass... I can buy 1/2 gallon of much better ice cream for the price those gold diggers want for two scoops... Who cares what the building looks like..
You must be one of those Materialistic City slickers that moved into town... Get a life buddy !

Since: Mar 10

Easton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

Mr Nobody Scott wrote:
My donut filled ear is just a bit smarter than your sorryass... I can buy 1/2 gallon of much better ice cream for the price those gold diggers want for two scoops... Who cares what the building looks like..
You must be one of those Materialistic City slickers that moved into town... Get a life buddy !
Ditto on that one... there's the "local's" ice cream shoppe on main that's about 1/2 the price of the scoop - not to mention I'd rather walk the few blocks to get there instead of piling into the car to go to the scoop. Nope, not gonna cross 309 on foot with the babies. Don't get me wrong, the scoop is really cool and we go every once in a while, but it's more of the "tourist-y" type - and priced as you would expect. As far as the diner goes, it's actually pretty easy to get in and out - but I suppose if you don't live there you may not know to take the alley to 4th street. We just walk the couple of blocks if it's nice out. On a side note, it's cool to see Coopersburg getting a little press - albeit it's primarily a traffic gripe.

Since: Mar 10

Easton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

Suezanne wrote:
Isn't this mess done Yet !!! When is it scheduled to be done ? I'll have to check penn dot's schedule.
It's actually not too bad, so long as you know to use main street and the backroads to Quakertown. Plus, it should be really nice (and safer) once it's all done. If I do have to use 309, it's typically the inconsiderate "front-platers" who don't know how to drive and cut everyone off that get on my nerves.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Coopersburg Discussions

Search the Coopersburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Paul Stepanoff Needs to be Removed NOW! 3 min Meh 94
Hiker recovering from copperhead snake bite 5 hr The truth of the mater 2
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 8 hr Capt Lou 51,114
Brew pub in Dimmig Building 11 hr Ha Ha 43
Quakertown Boro Police Blotter (Feb '13) Fri Bigpoppa 32
Best Bar in Quakertown Fri Booz Hound 1
I miss drive-in movies Fri Scooter 1
•••
•••

Coopersburg News Video

•••
•••

Coopersburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000