● Cannot predict now
● Concentrate and ask again
● Don't count on it
● My reply is no
● My sources say no
● Outlook not so good
● Very doubtful
CNN = Clinton News Network
I guess you're saying FOX isn't a valid source for news.
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

#4 Feb 16, 2013
Lotto wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you're saying FOX isn't a valid source for news.
There's nothing wrong with the "hard news" journalists at FNC. The commentators' shows reflect a Conservative bias (except for Alan Colmes), but Liberal opinions are always well represented with guests from Democrat and Left-wing groups. Many are full-time Fox analysts and contributors.

Compare that with the main Liberal media sources that rarely present opposing views. People who criticize FNC mostly do so because of what they've heard from Liberal critics, not because they've ever watched it.

Watch it for just one week and you will see stories not even reported in the mainstream media. It will open your eyes. The Bill O'Reilly Show has been the #1 rated cable news show, by far, for 15 years.

If you're an Obama fan, however, this channel is not for you - unless you have an open mind and are willing to hear a different opinion.
Agree

Broomall, PA

#5 Feb 16, 2013
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing wrong with the "hard news" journalists at FNC. The commentators' shows reflect a Conservative bias (except for Alan Colmes), but Liberal opinions are always well represented with guests from Democrat and Left-wing groups. Many are full-time Fox analysts and contributors.
Compare that with the main Liberal media sources that rarely present opposing views. People who criticize FNC mostly do so because of what they've heard from Liberal critics, not because they've ever watched it.
Watch it for just one week and you will see stories not even reported in the mainstream media. It will open your eyes. The Bill O'Reilly Show has been the #1 rated cable news show, by far, for 15 years.
If you're an Obama fan, however, this channel is not for you - unless you have an open mind and are willing to hear a different opinion.
Lets not forget Bob Beckel and Juan Williams (whom I really like) and some of the regulars like Marc Lamont Hill, Tavis Smiley, Cornell West, George Stephanopoulos, Diane Sawyer, etc. These are regular guests with O'Reilly and Hannity.
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

#6 Feb 16, 2013
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets not forget Bob Beckel and Juan Williams (whom I really like) and some of the regulars like Marc Lamont Hill, Tavis Smiley, Cornell West, George Stephanopoulos, Diane Sawyer, etc. These are regular guests with O'Reilly and Hannity.
Absolutely. And many more, including Dennis Kucinich, Al Sharpton, Martha Quinn, and Jon Stewart. O'Reilly has invited every significant person in the WH and Democrat party to come on his show and debate the issues. Few accept the invitation to enter the "no spin zone." Barney Frank did and he paid the price.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#7 Feb 16, 2013
Yes and no! There is a lot of "human interest" Fluff on Fox and friends in the AM. Hannity is Israel's mouthpiece. O'Reilly is a pompous ahole. Stoessel is good. Judge Andrew Napolitano was very good. It is what it is! I've just found RT (Russian News,#478) They do a better job of reporting. I've frequently read Pravda (Truth) Online and found the reporting excellent. It is slanted, but they don't hold much back.
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Regards, Terri

Central NJ

#8 Feb 16, 2013
It is the most "balanced" of the news "shows/stations". If you like that. I don't! If I wanted to hear left/liberal opinions I'd go to MSNBC. Frankly, I can guess before they open their mouths what their position will be. Yes, They are that stagnant!
Sic Semper Tyrannis!
Regards, Terri
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

#9 Feb 16, 2013
TerryE wrote:
Yes and no! There is a lot of "human interest" Fluff on Fox and friends in the AM. Hannity is Israel's mouthpiece. O'Reilly is a pompous ahole. Stoessel is good. Judge Andrew Napolitano was very good. It is what it is! I've just found RT (Russian News,#478) They do a better job of reporting. I've frequently read Pravda (Truth) Online and found the reporting excellent. It is slanted, but they don't hold much back.
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Regards, Terri
Agree on most of that - asking to approve of 100% of programming on any channel is asking a bit much. Pravda? Really? You lost me there.
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

#10 Feb 16, 2013
TerryE wrote:
<quoted text>It is the most "balanced" of the news "shows/stations". If you like that. I don't! If I wanted to hear left/liberal opinions I'd go to MSNBC. Frankly, I can guess before they open their mouths what their position will be. Yes, They are that stagnant!
Sic Semper Tyrannis!
Regards, Terri
The problem with surrounding yourself with only people who think the same as you is it makes your views reflexive and not considered - a kind of closed loop. The more I engage with Liberals, the more I'm convinced that less government is the more intelligent choice.

Central NJ

#11 Feb 16, 2013
Pravda.ru covers subjects we'd rather not cover. Yes I know it's slanted! However, It's good spice to throw into your "awareness mix"
You get a Russian perspective on subjects that you don't ordinarily hear. Also RT(Russian television?)Channel 478, I think) gives a lot of opinion and substance and a minimum of left-right politics.
My President was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree on most of that - asking to approve of 100% of programming on any channel is asking a bit much. Pravda? Really? You lost me there.

Central NJ

#12 Feb 16, 2013
I think you are where I was twenty years ago. Now I just think "and this improves human happieness, how?" Or "these rules will help us how?" I have a Gay nephew (Not related by blood) who buys into this liberal garbage 100%. There is NOTHING! I repeat NOTHING! that I would exchange with him or his life. It is totally unsuited to me. He has never known the sense of accomplishment of doing some of the things I have done in my life. He has never flown a plane (Too scared) he has never worked underground in a mine (It's too yucky) He has never bought a house, fixed it up and sold it at a profit.(Ugh, That's work) Or a car, tractor, backhoe, or a Stock. The guy is just plain too scared to do anything adventurous. His idea of adventure is attending a book signing. It would hardly keep me awake! He is totally stifled. That's the common denominator of liberals, They're all afraid of something and they need their surrogate parent to protect them!
Regards, Terri
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with surrounding yourself with only people who think the same as you is it makes your views reflexive and not considered - a kind of closed loop. The more I engage with Liberals, the more I'm convinced that less government is the more intelligent choice.
dbar

Quakertown, PA

#13 Feb 17, 2013
TerryE wrote:
I think you are where I was twenty years ago. Now I just think "and this improves human happieness, how?" Or "these rules will help us how?" I have a Gay nephew (Not related by blood) who buys into this liberal garbage 100%. There is NOTHING! I repeat NOTHING! that I would exchange with him or his life. It is totally unsuited to me. He has never known the sense of accomplishment of doing some of the things I have done in my life. He has never flown a plane (Too scared) he has never worked underground in a mine (It's too yucky) He has never bought a house, fixed it up and sold it at a profit.(Ugh, That's work) Or a car, tractor, backhoe, or a Stock. The guy is just plain too scared to do anything adventurous. His idea of adventure is attending a book signing. It would hardly keep me awake! He is totally stifled. That's the common denominator of liberals, They're all afraid of something and they need their surrogate parent to protect them!
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
slipping the tin foil again?
short sighted,arrogant and pompous to boot.
seems you decide what a person's accomplishments are only if they follow your accomplishments.
little too narcissistic,but then again that fits your libertarian views.
most people realize that accomplishment is what the individual believes is his or her success.
too bad you missed that lesson.
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

#14 Feb 17, 2013
TerryE wrote:
<quoted text>Pravda.ru covers subjects we'd rather not cover. Yes I know it's slanted! However, It's good spice to throw into your "awareness mix"
You get a Russian perspective on subjects that you don't ordinarily hear. Also RT(Russian television?)Channel 478, I think) gives a lot of opinion and substance and a minimum of left-right politics.
My President was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
Is that satellite? I have Comcast, not sure they carry it, but if so I will check it out.
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

#15 Feb 17, 2013
TerryE wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are where I was twenty years ago. Now I just think "and this improves human happieness, how?" Or "these rules will help us how?" I have a Gay nephew (Not related by blood) who buys into this liberal garbage 100%. There is NOTHING! I repeat NOTHING! that I would exchange with him or his life. It is totally unsuited to me. He has never known the sense of accomplishment of doing some of the things I have done in my life. He has never flown a plane (Too scared) he has never worked underground in a mine (It's too yucky) He has never bought a house, fixed it up and sold it at a profit.(Ugh, That's work) Or a car, tractor, backhoe, or a Stock. The guy is just plain too scared to do anything adventurous. His idea of adventure is attending a book signing. It would hardly keep me awake! He is totally stifled. That's the common denominator of liberals, They're all afraid of something and they need their surrogate parent to protect them!
Regards, Terri
I don't think you have 20 years on me, I'm 65 and a recovering Democrat.

I think it's a mistake to stereotype ALL members of any group. You certainly don't fit into the stereotype of a transgender and I don't fit into the stereotype of the Jewish businessman.

I know and work with very bright people who are devout Liberals and I've been able to change their minds on some positions by engaging them in discussion, and sometimes they've changed my perspective also. If I didn't do that, they would stay rigid in their beliefs as would I.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coopersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guitar Villa Demo / New Building? Fri Not a Chipotle 2
MUSLIMS Who cares Fri pissed 10
News Two charged in Quakertown burglary (Jun '12) Fri HaterzgonnaHATE 5
Ametek U.S. Gauge (Jul '12) Sep 22 Its Time 141
The Democracts and their maniacal leader! Sep 21 Benny 5
Neighbor Videotaping my kids (Sep '08) Sep 21 mamarose3 29
Tim Arnold's neighborhood Sep 21 Sigourney 2

Coopersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance