Posted in the Coopersburg Forum
#1 Jan 18, 2013
I haven't had a good Philly cheesesteak in a long time. Is there a place in or near Qtown that has a great Philly cheesesteak? I like it with lots of sauteed onions and sauce on the side. Thanks.
#2 Jan 18, 2013
Big Daddy's Wagon Wheel has a good cheesesteak.
#3 Jan 18, 2013
There's already a few threads on this subject. Look them up.
#4 Jan 18, 2013
Go eat your tube steak!
#5 Jan 18, 2013
If you haven't had one from Frank's you haven't had a REAL cheesesteak
#6 Jan 18, 2013
Thanks Circus and Jersey Duke.
Is Wagon Wheel on Rt. 313 before you get to Rt. 563? Do they have karaoke there too?
Where is Frank's? I don't know many places in the area. That's why I was asking.
BTW, Nope, I did a TOPIX search about CHEESESTEAKS and didn't see anything. I guess I'm blind.
#7 Jan 19, 2013
Don't worry about it. The same has happened to me several times with Topix search, even when I try different ways. Sometimes if you try the same search on a different day, it will work. I know there have been a number of threads on the subject, but I could only find this one and one other. Try this one http://www.topix.com/forum/city/quakertown-pa...
#8 Jan 19, 2013
Franks is on 309 just south of the 7-11
#9 Jan 19, 2013
Thank you! I know just where you mean. There was a motorcycle supply store in that strip too but I think it's gone now.
#11 Jan 20, 2013
HOW TO MAKE A PHILLY STEAK OR CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH:
Time required: 15 minutes
Decide if you want a steak or a cheesesteak.
Decide if you want Cheez Whiz, Provolone, or American cheese.
Decide if you want your steak with or without fried onions.(Fried onions are standard.)
Decide if you want mushrooms, sweet peppers, hot peppers, pizza sauce, tomatoes, pickles, etc.
24 oz. top quality rib eye, eye roll, or USDA choice top round beef.(Using top quality beef is the key.)
3 or 6 table spoons Soya bean oil.
4 to 6 oz. Cheez Whiz.
12 to 16 slices provolone or American cheese.
4 Fresh, crusty Italian rolls.(Using fresh high quality Italian rolls like Amoroso’s is also important.)
1 Large Spanish onion.
1 Cup mushrooms, sweet green or red peppers, hot peppers.
(Important: Do not overcook the ingredients.)
1. Shave the beef VERY thin.(So it cooks quickly and still remains tender.)
2. Cut the onions into about 3/4 inch long pieces.
3. Cut the peppers and mushrooms into about 1 inch long pieces.
4. Heat an iron skillet or a non stick pan over medium heat.
5. Add 3 tablespoons of oil to the pan
6. Saute’ the onions to a light brown.
7. Add the other 3 tablespoons of oil to the pan.(Optional for sweet peppers and mushrooms.)
8. Sauté the peppers and mushrooms until soft.
9. Fry your steak until brown (NOT crispy, burned, or dried out).
10. You can mix in the fried vegetables now or add them after putting the meat on the roll.
11. If you want American cheese or Provolone, place the cheese on the meat until slightly melted.
12. If you choose Cheez Whiz, you can smear it on the roll, or put it on top of the meat.
13. Place the roll over 6 oz. of meat / cheese / vegetables, and scoop them into the sandwich.
14. Garnish your sandwich with pizza sauce, peppers, pickles, etc.
1. Start with a hot grill and your favorite Philadelphia Cheesesteak Company brand steak or chicken product. Toss in some fresh cut onions along side.
2. Using 2 spatulas, hold the steak or chicken meat with one hand, then with the other cut through and "chop" the meat to a rough consistency.
3. As the steak or chicken meat cooks, rotate it around with your spatulas and combine with the onions.
4. Within a few minutes you'll have a juicy mix of cooked steak or chicken, combined with sautéed onions. Once thoroughly cooked, arrange in a long mound of the approximate size of your hoagie roll.
5. Add a few slices of American cheese and allow a few moments for the cheese to melt. Place the roll on the grill to toast as desired.
6. Using a spatula, you can scoop the delicious cheesesteak into the hoagie roll, or as the professionals do, you can lay the hoagie roll upside down on the meat and slide your spatula underneath, then "flip" the whole thing right-side up (this takes some practice!)
7. The finished product should be a moist, delicious mix of steak (or chicken), cheese, and grilled onions, served traditionally on a Philly-style hoagie roll.
8. And don't forget your favorite condiments like hot/sweet peppers, onions, tomatoes, pickles, and mustard/ketchup/mayo.
#12 Jan 20, 2013
I am a good cook. I have gotten the chip steak at Fredericks. I am sorry there is no body who makes a cheesesteak at home as good as they do at a good steak place.
Besides then I would have to clean it up
#13 Jan 20, 2013
I know you're right, but sometimes people want to try and make them.
#14 Jan 20, 2013
Yep that is where it is.
#15 Jan 20, 2013
had one from denunzios is the qmart Friday night. Best cheese steak I have in this area. I have tried most of the places in town and some are good. Denunzios is the best up this way. Great rolls too.
#16 Jan 21, 2013
It's nice to have some choices. Sounds like 3 good recommendations. What entrance in the QMart would Denunzios be? Thanks.
#17 Jan 21, 2013
Dominick's (Pizza) in the Bottom Dollar Shopping Center, or my very favorite is the Pub Resturant in the Plaza Shopping Center, afew doors up from Friendly's. And, you can get an adult beverage while there if you choose. They just remodeled and it's beautiful.
#18 Apr 6, 2013
Tried out Frank's yesterday. Disappointed. Maybe I hit them on a bad day. Too much oil/grease.
I'll try one of the other places suggested. See if I can get a cheese steak hoagie that's not soggy.
#19 Apr 26, 2013
No one in Quakertown Allentown or any other town knows how to make a real Philly steak
#20 Apr 26, 2013
The Webber was invented right here at the former Smitty's.
Italian Delight makes a good one, as does Frank's.
I sure do miss Bill & Meg's. Bill's were the best.
And Ceese Whiz...that's just gross. American or provolone, with sauce and onions.
You can buy chipped steak from Landis Meats at Redner's. It's in the same case as Steakum.
#21 Apr 26, 2013
WOW.Had a DiNuzios cheese steak tonight.It was very good.Thanks samcro.
Add your comments below
|Quakertown begins planning for community center||44 min||Planner||44|
|Memories of Quakertown (Jan '10)||13 hr||Patrish||757|
|i am new here,want to make friends (Oct '11)||Jul 31||In the Know||26|
|Girl in Red Kia||Jul 31||Tits McGee||3|
|Local child rapist not on megans law||Jul 31||Curiousity Cat||1|
|Bucks County News Feed (May '14)||Jul 31||QMart lurker||133|
|Contractor Fraud - Tom Dwyer||Jul 29||buckscoguy||3|
Find what you want!
Search Coopersburg Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC