Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, ordinarily I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories. However, Obama's comments in his "apology" tour in Mexico tend to support Issa's contention. I would rather not think about a President of the United States agreeing to such a plan and being indirectly responsible for the death of an American border control agent and other murders to advance a political agenda. Given that, I'd like to know the compelling reason for invoking Executive Privilege. Being open and forthcoming would go a long way to quell this type of speculation from the Right. Seem the "most transparent" administration in history plays it pretty close to the vest when it comes to their own.
as to executive privilege no President would want to simply give it up.
executive privilege is needed.
even if the President did waive all claims it would only allow his opponents to go after his advisers as well.
now any politician with an axe to grind like Issa would constantly demand all communications for the simple purpose of obstruction.
would Issa agree to make all of his communications open to the public?
any person could request all emails and phone records?
not a chance in hell.
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

dbar wrote:
<quoted text>well i would disagree about a conspiracy to get gun legislation.
as to the right wing version of the speech.

http://politic365.com/2013/05/03/president-ob...

"In the United States, we recognize our responsibilities as well. We understand that the root cause of much of the violence here—and so much suffering for many Mexicans— is the demand for illegal drugs, including in the United States. Now, I do not believe that legalizing drugs is the answer; instead, I believe in a comprehensive approach—not just law enforcement, but education, prevention and treatment. And we’re going to keep at it—because the lives of our children and the future of our nations depend on it.

We recognize that most of the guns used to commit violence here in Mexico come from the United States. In America, our Constitution guarantees our individual right to bear arms, and as President I swore an oath to uphold that right—and I always will. At the same time, as I’ve said back home, I will continue to do everything in my power to pass common sense gun reforms that keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people—reforms that will save lives in both our countries. Meanwhile, we’ll keep increasing the pressure on the gun traffickers who bring illegal guns into Mexico, and we’ll keep putting these criminals where they belong—behind bars."

nothing in the President's statement is an "apology"

is the demand for drugs financing the drug wars in Mexico.
yep it is.
do most of the guns come from the US.
yep again.

for example.
when a gun buyer buys twenty m-4 carbines and then simply claim that they were stolen from his car---what law has the guy violated?
by design no record of the purchase is kept.
where is the record of the serial numbers that follows the weapon from buyer to buyer?

so the guy just goes and buys more and the cycle continues.
or the guy just sells them at a gun show and he could care less who buys as long as the money is right.
and selling guns like that is very profitable.
legally he has committed no crime.
and the NRA will legally fight to keep such a process in place.

so either the problem gets fixed or accept the fact of gun violence.
the NRA seems to believe that gun violence is just something that happens and people have to accept it under the guise of "freedom".
Why mention that the guns come from the U.S. as well as the demand for drugs? Why state the obvious if not to express a level of "guilt" and appease and reinforce the anti-American sentiment of many Mexicans? He was clearly playing to the audience, just as he was in his European apology tour.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Why mention that the guns come from the U.S. as well as the demand for drugs? Why state the obvious if not to express a level of "guilt" and appease and reinforce the anti-American sentiment of many Mexicans? He was clearly playing to the audience, just as he was in his European apology tour.
and he ignores the truth and the right wing hammers him for not mentioning the drug wars that fuels gun violence.
either way the President gets attacked by the right wing.
it is a "President Obama walks across the Potomac river and the right wing bitches he cannot swim' scenario.
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

dbar wrote:
<quoted text>as to executive privilege no President would want to simply give it up.
executive privilege is needed.
even if the President did waive all claims it would only allow his opponents to go after his advisers as well.
now any politician with an axe to grind like Issa would constantly demand all communications for the simple purpose of obstruction.
would Issa agree to make all of his communications open to the public?
any person could request all emails and phone records?
not a chance in hell.
I agree there is a time and place for Executive Privilege, but there is also the potential for abuse. In an operation like F&F, you have to wonder why the need and who's being protected at the expense of the public's right to know.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree there is a time and place for Executive Privilege, but there is also the potential for abuse. In an operation like F&F, you have to wonder why the need and who's being protected at the expense of the public's right to know.
it could be CYA or principle.
well the courts will decide.
i for one would like to know all of the people involved in the US attorney scandal under President Bush.

but the following makes some sense.

""The President relies upon his staff to provide him candid advice. The framers of the Constitution understood this vital role when developing the separate branches of government. And if the staff of a President operated in constant fear of being hauled before various committees to discuss internal deliberations, the President would not receive candid advice, and the American people would be ill-served.... I will oppose any attempts to subpoena White House officials.... My choice is to make sure that I safeguard the ability for Presidents to get good decisions."
Inquiring Mind

North Wales, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
it could be CYA or principle.
well the courts will decide.
i for one would like to know all of the people involved in the US attorney scandal under President Bush.
but the following makes some sense.
""The President relies upon his staff to provide him candid advice. The framers of the Constitution understood this vital role when developing the separate branches of government. And if the staff of a President operated in constant fear of being hauled before various committees to discuss internal deliberations, the President would not receive candid advice, and the American people would be ill-served.... I will oppose any attempts to subpoena White House officials.... My choice is to make sure that I safeguard the ability for Presidents to get good decisions."
Yes, well at least some heads rolled because of that "scandal" (which was just politics as usual IMO). We can agree that accountability should be non-partisan.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

This is one of the most egregious piece of inaccurate, ignorant anti gun propaganda that I have seen in a long while!
No one goes in and buys 20 M4 carbines without leaving a huge paper trail. BTW, What is a an M4 carbine? I've heard of M1 carbines, M2 carbines, Winchester Carbines, Trap door Carbines, Moisin-Nagant Carbines, Eagle Carbine Carbine Williams and more, but never a M4 carbine. I think you mean MP5 Submachine gun. These are illegal under the Gun Control Act of 1933. If you could buy one in you lifetime, I know people who would consider you to be very lucky.
To purchase a fully auto, it requires a $200 dollar tax transfer stamp and a full background check. Also, It must have been made prior to 1985.
In case you didn't mean a MP5, go rent a copy of the movie "Red Dawn" There is a mention of the federal forms that must accompany each sale and the eventual effect of having such documentation. You liberals love to perpetuate the myth that there is full access to the most lethal forms of weapons, but you do it with no respect for the truth.
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
well i would disagree about a conspiracy to get gun legislation.
as to the right wing version of the speech.
http://politic365.com/2013/05/03/president-ob...
"In the United States, we recognize our responsibilities as well. We understand that the root cause of much of the violence hereand so much suffering for many Mexicans is the demand for illegal drugs, including in the United States. Now, I do not believe that legalizing drugs is the answer; instead, I believe in a comprehensive approachnot just law enforcement, but education, prevention and treatment. And were going to keep at itbecause the lives of our children and the future of our nations depend on it.
We recognize that most of the guns used to commit violence here in Mexico come from the United States. In America, our Constitution guarantees our individual right to bear arms, and as President I swore an oath to uphold that rightand I always will. At the same time, as Ive said back home, I will continue to do everything in my power to pass common sense gun reforms that keep guns out of the hands of dangerous peoplereforms that will save lives in both our countries. Meanwhile, well keep increasing the pressure on the gun traffickers who bring illegal guns into Mexico, and well keep putting these criminals where they belongbehind bars."
nothing in the President's statement is an "apology"
is the demand for drugs financing the drug wars in Mexico.
yep it is.
do most of the guns come from the US.
yep again.
for example.
when a gun buyer buys twenty m-4 carbines and then simply claim that they were stolen from his car---what law has the guy violated?
by design no record of the purchase is kept.
where is the record of the serial numbers that follows the weapon from buyer to buyer?
so the guy just goes and buys more and the cycle continues.
or the guy just sells them at a gun show and he could care less who buys as long as the money is right.
and selling guns like that is very profitable.
legally he has committed no crime.
and the NRA will legally fight to keep such a process in place.
so either the problem gets fixed or accept the fact of gun violence.
the NRA seems to believe that gun violence is just something that happens and people have to accept it under the guise of "freedom".
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

TerryE wrote:
This is one of the most egregious piece of inaccurate, ignorant anti gun propaganda that I have seen in a long while!
No one goes in and buys 20 M4 carbines without leaving a huge paper trail. BTW, What is a an M4 carbine? I've heard of M1 carbines, M2 carbines, Winchester Carbines, Trap door Carbines, Moisin-Nagant Carbines, Eagle Carbine Carbine Williams and more, but never a M4 carbine. I think you mean MP5 Submachine gun. These are illegal under the Gun Control Act of 1933. If you could buy one in you lifetime, I know people who would consider you to be very lucky.
To purchase a fully auto, it requires a $200 dollar tax transfer stamp and a full background check. Also, It must have been made prior to 1985.
In case you didn't mean a MP5, go rent a copy of the movie "Red Dawn" There is a mention of the federal forms that must accompany each sale and the eventual effect of having such documentation. You liberals love to perpetuate the myth that there is full access to the most lethal forms of weapons, but you do it with no respect for the truth.
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
well for starters

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_carbine

the bushmaster used to kill school kids is.
http://www.bushmaster.com/firearms/XM-15.asp

or as bushmaster lists it, a m-4 type.

second off what paper trail is created by a gun buyer purchasing 20 assault rifles from individuals at a gun show?

there is no paper trail.
no one has any record of you owning those twenty weapons.

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
well for starters
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_carbine
the bushmaster used to kill school kids is.
http://www.bushmaster.com/firearms/XM-15.asp
or as bushmaster lists it, a m-4 type.
second off what paper trail is created by a gun buyer purchasing 20 assault rifles from individuals at a gun show?
there is no paper trail.
no one has any record of you owning those twenty weapons.
Here again, It's Selective Fire. That means full auto! No full auto in civilian hands made after 1985. Ain't gonna happen! Another Liberal, anti gun lie shattered.
Go to the gun show at the VFW on Park Ave. and try to buy the most lethal looking, killing machine and see what happens. They will run a background check on you. Go over to another table and try to buy a WW2 relic M1 Garand. Same thing! And then a WW1 relic bolt action, Springfield, again you have to pass a back ground check. And while you're there, take a good look at the people there, do some look a little out of place, a little too well dressed, not really "Gunny" enough? Well, they're either state police or ATF guys. Usually both. Go ahead, make a scene about your "Rights". See what happens! These guys have FFLs and won't risk it. Good luck!
Regards, Terri
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

TerryE wrote:
<quoted text>
Here again, It's Selective Fire. That means full auto! No full auto in civilian hands made after 1985. Ain't gonna happen! Another Liberal, anti gun lie shattered.
Go to the gun show at the VFW on Park Ave. and try to buy the most lethal looking, killing machine and see what happens. They will run a background check on you. Go over to another table and try to buy a WW2 relic M1 Garand. Same thing! And then a WW1 relic bolt action, Springfield, again you have to pass a back ground check. And while you're there, take a good look at the people there, do some look a little out of place, a little too well dressed, not really "Gunny" enough? Well, they're either state police or ATF guys. Usually both. Go ahead, make a scene about your "Rights". See what happens! These guys have FFLs and won't risk it. Good luck!
Regards, Terri
never said the twenty weapons were full auto.
but then again you never heard of a m-4 but all of sudden seem to want to split hairs over select fire.
either way show me where it is against the law for you to go a gun show and buy an m-4 type weapon from an individual.
show me where when i am buying from an individual that i must undergo a background check.

spare me your lurking Federal agents and paranoia.
the only real requirement is cash.

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

I didn't know what a M$ was. I haven't kept up with the latest developments, thanks for the information. "Selective fire" means semi auto or full automatic firs. This is controlled by a switch above the Trigger, Selective fire has been around since the 1930s, The 1936 Simonov had it and couldn't be imported after WW2. Likewise the PPSH (papasha) and the German "Sturmgewehr". The US produced M1 and M2 carbines. The MI carbines were legal to own, the M2 s were not because of the select fire aspect. Ditto for the SKS and AK47s being imported from Norinco. They cannot have the selective fire ability and be sold inside of the US. And the trigger mechanism must not be interchangeable with a selective fire or full auto trigger mechanism. Furthermore, No gun capable of full auto fire, made after 1985 can be sold to the public. The M4, according to your link, is selective fire and capable of full auto fire and therefore cannot be owned by a private person. Even as a "Dewat" (Deactivated War Trophy) with a welded barrel.
Gun shows are full of plainclothes police and ATF agents. Arrests are made! Some of them are obvious, some are not! But they're there. Your fanciful images of someone buying 20 of these guns and "losing" them is pure sensational myth and legend. It ain't gonna happen!
Regards, Terri
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
never said the twenty weapons were full auto.
but then again you never heard of a m-4 but all of sudden seem to want to split hairs over select fire.
either way show me where it is against the law for you to go a gun show and buy an m-4 type weapon from an individual.
show me where when i am buying from an individual that i must undergo a background check.
spare me your lurking Federal agents and paranoia.
the only real requirement is cash.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

TerryE wrote:
I didn't know what a M$ was. I haven't kept up with the latest developments, thanks for the information. "Selective fire" means semi auto or full automatic firs. This is controlled by a switch above the Trigger, Selective fire has been around since the 1930s, The 1936 Simonov had it and couldn't be imported after WW2. Likewise the PPSH (papasha) and the German "Sturmgewehr". The US produced M1 and M2 carbines. The MI carbines were legal to own, the M2 s were not because of the select fire aspect. Ditto for the SKS and AK47s being imported from Norinco. They cannot have the selective fire ability and be sold inside of the US. And the trigger mechanism must not be interchangeable with a selective fire or full auto trigger mechanism. Furthermore, No gun capable of full auto fire, made after 1985 can be sold to the public. The M4, according to your link, is selective fire and capable of full auto fire and therefore cannot be owned by a private person. Even as a "Dewat" (Deactivated War Trophy) with a welded barrel.
Gun shows are full of plainclothes police and ATF agents. Arrests are made! Some of them are obvious, some are not! But they're there. Your fanciful images of someone buying 20 of these guns and "losing" them is pure sensational myth and legend. It ain't gonna happen!
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
again show me the law that requires a paper trail when i buy an m-4 type say bushmaster rifle from an individual seller.
while your at it show me the law that holds me responsible for a bushmaster getting stolen from my house or vehicle.

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

How many times do I have say it. You can't own a full auto made after 1985! That means no one has one to sell you! None in civilian hands! What more do I have to say? This is one of the reasons I had never heard of it, no one can own it! This "Bushmaster" thing falls under the same laws, If it's capable of full auto it can't be owned since it was made after 1985. These fanciful scenarios just don't happen. Furthermore, Legal guns of this type have a very small market, no one wants them! And they cost a couple of thousand dollars. I can't imagine a dealer having twenty of these for sale.
Regards, Terri
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
again show me the law that requires a paper trail when i buy an m-4 type say bushmaster rifle from an individual seller.
while your at it show me the law that holds me responsible for a bushmaster getting stolen from my house or vehicle.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

TerryE wrote:
How many times do I have say it. You can't own a full auto made after 1985! That means no one has one to sell you! None in civilian hands! What more do I have to say? This is one of the reasons I had never heard of it, no one can own it! This "Bushmaster" thing falls under the same laws, If it's capable of full auto it can't be owned since it was made after 1985. These fanciful scenarios just don't happen. Furthermore, Legal guns of this type have a very small market, no one wants them! And they cost a couple of thousand dollars. I can't imagine a dealer having twenty of these for sale.
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
and the weapon does not have to be full auto.
the bushmaster used to kill school kids is semi-auto.
if you want to buy that type weapon(semi) from an individual at a gun show there is no paper trail of any kind.
all you need is cash.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 34 of34
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Coopersburg Discussions

Search the Coopersburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Window tinting 2 hr Trailerboy 1
Pod Casts worth following 2 hr Bald Brian 1
Hiker recovering from copperhead snake bite 5 hr Trailmaster 3
Paul Stepanoff Needs to be Removed NOW! 11 hr Meh 94
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 19 hr Capt Lou 51,114
Brew pub in Dimmig Building 22 hr Ha Ha 43
Quakertown Boro Police Blotter (Feb '13) Fri Bigpoppa 32
•••
•••

Coopersburg News Video

•••
•••

Coopersburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••