auto repair that does air conditioning?

Posted in the Coopersburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious

Bryn Mawr, PA

#1 Jul 13, 2013
Hi, I need to get my car air conditioning fixed and was wondering if anyone knows a good place in or close to Quakertown that doesn't charge too much? Thank you in advance for your answers.
no air

Sellersville, PA

#2 Jul 14, 2013
Curious wrote:
Hi, I need to get my car air conditioning fixed and was wondering if anyone knows a good place in or close to Quakertown that doesn't charge too much? Thank you in advance for your answers.
Try juniper auto care In The boro on juniper st. Sometimes tough to get appt. if u have foreign high end the dealer is best or if benz try Walters foreign car repair in bethlehem.
Jersey Duke

Quakertown, PA

#3 Jul 14, 2013
no air wrote:
<quoted text>
Try juniper auto care In The boro on juniper st. Sometimes tough to get appt. if u have foreign high end the dealer is best or if benz try Walters foreign car repair in bethlehem.
So an AC unit works different on a high end foreign car? LOL OK if you are dumb enough to spend the money on a high end foreign car go piss it away at the dealership for the repair! You can get an American car that is just as fancy and works just as well, and keep the money here. Our economy suffers with everything you buy from offshore.
phillybou

Drexel Hill, PA

#4 Jul 14, 2013
Curious wrote:
You can also try a recharge kit from the store, it's cheap and a do it yourselfer.
Okay

Broomall, PA

#5 Jul 14, 2013
Jersey Duke wrote:
<quoted text>
So an AC unit works different on a high end foreign car? LOL OK if you are dumb enough to spend the money on a high end foreign car go piss it away at the dealership for the repair! You can get an American car that is just as fancy and works just as well, and keep the money here. Our economy suffers with everything you buy from offshore.
What, like the BMW plant in South Carolina? The one that employs American auto workers.
Jersey Duke

Quakertown, PA

#6 Jul 14, 2013
Okay wrote:
<quoted text>
What, like the BMW plant in South Carolina? The one that employs American auto workers.
What don't you understand about the word offshore. Anyway, who gets the profit from the BMW you buy (or wish you could buy)from South Carolina?
Okay

Broomall, PA

#7 Jul 14, 2013
Jersey Duke wrote:
<quoted text>
What don't you understand about the word offshore. Anyway, who gets the profit from the BMW you buy (or wish you could buy)from South Carolina?
I really don't care actually. I do own an X5 SUV which is very nice and I picked it up off-lease. Let some other sucker take the depreciation first!

At least they are employing our people to make these SUV's that are sold worldwide. This is the only X3/X5 plant they have.

I'm sure ALL of your American was made right here.
Electronic

Perkasie, PA

#8 Jul 14, 2013
Jersey Duke wrote:
<quoted text>
Half the profits made by U.S. companies goes offshore to avoid paying taxes.
no air

United States

#9 Jul 14, 2013
Jersey Duke wrote:
<quoted text>So an AC unit works different on a high end foreign car? LOL OK if you are dumb enough to spend the money on a high end foreign car go piss it away at the dealership for the repair! You can get an American car that is just as fancy and works just as well, and keep the money here. Our economy suffers with everything you buy from offshore.
No. Idiot it works the same. Go and ask YOUR mechanic if he can replace the evaporator core in a mercedes benz s500. It involves the complete removal of dash and steering just for starters. Your mechanic better be able to and know how to remove it all or you will wind up with busted car being towed to the dealer. Get back in your dodge ram.
jersey gook

United States

#10 Jul 14, 2013
Jersey Duke wrote:
<quoted text>So an AC unit works different on a high end foreign car? LOL OK if you are dumb enough to spend the money on a high end foreign car go piss it away at the dealership for the repair! You can get an American car that is just as fancy and works just as well, and keep the money here. Our economy suffers with everything you buy from offshore.
Go take your dodge to the mercedes shop and they will be able to fix it. Take your mercedes to the dodge shop and guess what??
Curious

Bryn Mawr, PA

#12 Jul 17, 2013
Thank you for your answers. I have an older American car and I did recharge it but it is leaking out. I don't have that much money to get it fixed so I was hoping someone could tell me a good place to go that won't charge me an arm and a leg.
Inquiring Mind

North Wales, PA

#13 Jul 17, 2013
Okay wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't care actually. I do own an X5 SUV which is very nice and I picked it up off-lease. Let some other sucker take the depreciation first!
At least they are employing our people to make these SUV's that are sold worldwide. This is the only X3/X5 plant they have.
I'm sure ALL of your American was made right here.
You saved money by buying a used car and avoided paying the higher price of a new car, which depreciates in resale value quickly. No problem with that. BMWs have great resale value. But that is not the same as depreciation of a leased car. The previous owner was not a "sucker" for paying for the depreciation expense on a leased vehicle. He got to drive it for 3-4 years for maybe 1/2 what the payments would have been to buy it, and if he used it for business, the cost of the lease would be a deductible business expense. It's not for everyone, there's mileage, insurance, and other factors to consider, but you're certainly not a "sucker" to lease a car if it makes sense for your situation.
Imfo

Broomall, PA

#14 Jul 17, 2013
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
You saved money by buying a used car and avoided paying the higher price of a new car, which depreciates in resale value quickly. No problem with that. BMWs have great resale value. But that is not the same as depreciation of a leased car. The previous owner was not a "sucker" for paying for the depreciation expense on a leased vehicle. He got to drive it for 3-4 years for maybe 1/2 what the payments would have been to buy it, and if he used it for business, the cost of the lease would be a deductible business expense. It's not for everyone, there's mileage, insurance, and other factors to consider, but you're certainly not a "sucker" to lease a car if it makes sense for your situation.
The point is "if" it was used for business. If it's for personal use, then you are wasting money by renting your car.
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

#15 Jul 17, 2013
Imfo wrote:
<quoted text>The point is "if" it was used for business. If it's for personal use, then you are wasting money by renting your car.
For some people, that may be true. On the other hand, some may think the person who buys instead of leases a car is "wasting" their money on golf or NASCAR collectibles. Different strokes. If you are happy with how you spend your money, it's not wasted.
Jersey Duke

Quakertown, PA

#16 Jul 18, 2013
no air wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Idiot it works the same. Go and ask YOUR mechanic if he can replace the evaporator core in a mercedes benz s500. It involves the complete removal of dash and steering just for starters. Your mechanic better be able to and know how to remove it all or you will wind up with busted car being towed to the dealer. Get back in your dodge ram.
Replacing the evaporator core is not a normal AC repair. If your MB needs one it is probably time to think about the junk yard!
Humid

Perkasie, PA

#17 Jul 18, 2013
Jersey Duke wrote:
<quoted text>
Replacing the evaporator core is not a normal AC repair. If your MB needs one it is probably time to think about the junk yard!
No matter what brand of car you have, needing an evaporator core is not a reason to junk the car.
Juniper

Quakertown, PA

#18 Jul 18, 2013
no air wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not affordable ! Going to any car dealer that has your brand would be cheaper.
jersey gook

Sellersville, PA

#19 Jul 18, 2013
Jersey Duke wrote:
<quoted text>Replacing the evaporator core is not a normal AC repair. If your MB needs one it is probably time to think about the junk yard!
Your a complete idiot. Do some research before you spout off. Don't make comments that just make you look even dumber. You think you know it all then you better try again. People don't send their 7 yr old 100k car to the junk yard because it needs an evaporator core due to a design flaw that mercedes will not pay to fix. Your an IDIOT. Lol.
Jersey Duke

Quakertown, PA

#20 Jul 18, 2013
jersey gook wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a complete idiot. Do some research before you spout off. Don't make comments that just make you look even dumber. You think you know it all then you better try again. People don't send their 7 yr old 100k car to the junk yard because it needs an evaporator core due to a design flaw that mercedes will not pay to fix. Your an IDIOT. Lol.
You want to drive that high end foreign junk then be prepared to PAY!! The Duke says, buy American the job you save just might be yours!
jersey gook

United States

#21 Jul 18, 2013
Jersey Duke wrote:
<quoted text>You want to drive that high end foreign junk then be prepared to PAY!! The Duke says, buy American the job you save just might be yours!
That wasn't the issue idiot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coopersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's almost that time of year again 4 hr Dick Dynasty 7
Mr. Ritter please answer my question 15 hr Barb Lavin 5
RTPD and Walmart 16 hr Timsuckedtomuchor... 14
rtbos 16 hr Timsuckedtomuchor... 8
Clowns running Richland Township (Jul '16) 16 hr Timsuckedtomuchor... 34
Paul Stepanoff Needs to be Removed NOW! (Jul '14) Wed Such BS 244
Tim Arnold Oct 18 The Watchers 9

Coopersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance