Local

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/05/10/the-ed-show-ge...

The Ed Show hosted by Ed Schultz will return to MSNBC starting Saturday, May 11 at 5 p.m. ET.

The Saturday and Sunday show will debut as a one-hour long program, but expand to a two-hour format from 5-7 p.m. ET later this summer.

Ive got an awful lot of fish to catch between, you know, the summer and the end of the summer, Schultz said.Lets not get carried away with this.

As previously announced, the move is an expansion MSNBCs live weekend programming.

MSNBC will be expanding its weekend programming and this opens a big opportunity for The Ed Show and my brand, said Schultz.I raised my hand for this assignment for a number of personal and professional reasons. My fight on The Ed Show has been for the workers and the middle class. This new time slot will give me the opportunity to produce and focus on stories that I care about and are important to American families and American workers.

Im thrilled for Ed and happy to be expanding our weekend programming, MSNBC President Phil Griffin said in a statement.Its an exciting time for MSNBC, and Im looking forward to having Eds powerful voice on our network for a long time.

The first show of the weekend program will feature highlights from a town hall Schultz hosted at The Barrymore Theatre in Madison, Wis., on May 2. Schultz will also update viewers on what hes been doing since signing off from his weekday TV show on March 14.

I want to thank all the folks for staying engaged [during the break] and being on Twitter and Facebook and constantly asking questions, he said.
Joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Ed Shultz is always an excellent source of information.
Info

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Joe wrote:
Ed Shultz is always an excellent source of information.
You're funny, Kline. Really funny. How many more conservative women will he call slut now?
Joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Info wrote:
<quoted text>You're funny, Kline. Really funny. How many more conservative women will he call slut now?
This is too easy. How soon we forget about Rush Limbaugh's behavior.
Info

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

No comparison. Limbaugh was bringing up the fact that Sandy Flake, a career college student, wanted free contraception and that she grossly exaggerated the cost of it ($3000) when it can be bought at a local Walmart for $9.

She was also propped up at a phony hearing by Nancy Pelosi anyway.

Angry Ed was just being hateful...as usual.

The reason he went off the air at 8pm was that O'Reilly's ratings tanked him, just like they did to Olbermann, and just like they will do Hayes.

MSLSD, the pr firm, can't compete in the ratings dept. anyway.
Jersey Duke

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

Did anybody notice he was gone?
Local

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Jersey Duke wrote:
Did anybody notice he was gone?
Apparently a lot did.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Info wrote:
No comparison. Limbaugh was bringing up the fact that Sandy Flake, a career college student, wanted free contraception and that she grossly exaggerated the cost of it ($3000) when it can be bought at a local Walmart for $9.
She was also propped up at a phony hearing by Nancy Pelosi anyway.
Angry Ed was just being hateful...as usual.
The reason he went off the air at 8pm was that O'Reilly's ratings tanked him, just like they did to Olbermann, and just like they will do Hayes.
MSLSD, the pr firm, can't compete in the ratings dept. anyway.
and how did rushbo conclude that Sandra was a slut?
what did he base his "opinion" on?
when did he apologize?
Ed apologized personally and on air.
"pills " limbaugh attacked someone without provocation and doubled down on his insults.
guess the right has a double standard as usual
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

dbar wrote:
<quoted text>and how did rushbo conclude that Sandra was a slut?
when did he apologize?
"pills " limbaugh attacked someone without provocation and doubled down on his insults.
And your assertion is that the Left has no double standard? Really? Is that what you're going with?
Jersey Duke

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
and how did rushbo conclude that Sandra was a slut?
when did he apologize?
I think if she needed $3000 a year for birth control you could conclude that she was a slut.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Jersey Duke wrote:
<quoted text>
I think if she needed $3000 a year for birth control you could conclude that she was a slut.
only if you have the morals of rush limbaugh.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
And your assertion is that the Left has no double standard? Really? Is that what you're going with?
comparing Ed and rush-- the right definitely has a double standard.
but if you want to excuse rush for his crass behavior go ahead.
Ed admitted he was wrong and apologized.
care to show how rush handled his problem
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

dbar wrote:
<quoted text>comparing Ed and rush-- the right definitely has a double standard.
but if you want to excuse rush for his crass behavior go ahead.
Ed admitted he was wrong and apologized.
care to show how rush handled his problem
Not taking either side. Just pointing out what every non-comatose observer should agree on. The double standard is alive and well in both Left and Right-wing camps. To point to one instance of it and attribute it to "the Right as usual" claims a "high road" under false pretenses. It's that "H" word again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Coopersburg News Video

•••
•••

Coopersburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Coopersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE