Lotto

Hatfield, PA

#21 Jul 3, 2013
Info wrote:
<quoted text>As I said, this is a blue collar town. How long will it last?
I have no idea how long it will last, but I wish them well. Here's their web site: http://www.angalleries.com/
RichlandResident

Quakertown, PA

#22 Jul 3, 2013
It's going to be a Scottish pub. There are pictures of the interior renovations posted on the Facebook group, "You may have grown up in Quakertown if..."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1855619281773...
Yuck

Perkasie, PA

#23 Jul 3, 2013
RichlandResident wrote:
It's going to be a Scottish pub. There are pictures of the interior renovations posted on the Facebook group, "You may have grown up in Quakertown if..."
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1855619281773...
Hope it's not that Tilted Kilt. That place is an insult to Celtic women & culture.Like disgusting Hooters, I would never enter but it would fit in well in that location with all the dregs living in the section 8 part of town.
teacher with a ruler

Sellersville, PA

#24 Jul 3, 2013
WIU wrote:
Anyone know what's really going on with this building?
Chocolate Factory? Braveheart? Dunkin Donuts? Tilted Kilt? Sports Bar?
What originally was in that building when it was built? Movie theatre ?
RichlandResident

Quakertown, PA

#25 Jul 3, 2013
teacher with a ruler wrote:
<quoted text>
What originally was in that building when it was built? Movie theatre ?
Yes, it was the Palace Theater and if you look thought the posts on the Facebook page I mentioned, there are pictures of what it looked like prior to Dimmig's store conversion in 1971.
Curious

Quakertown, PA

#26 Jul 3, 2013
Wasn't there a barber shop by the entrance to the Palace Theater?
Richland Resident

Quakertown, PA

#27 Jul 3, 2013
Curious wrote:
Wasn't there a barber shop by the entrance to the Palace Theater?
Yes, the Palace Barber Shop which moved across from QNB and was operated by Charlie Brader was on the left side of the entrance. The other side was a travel agency, but I don't know what it was called.
teacher with a ruler

Sellersville, PA

#28 Jul 3, 2013
RichlandResident wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it was the Palace Theater and if you look thought the posts on the Facebook page I mentioned, there are pictures of what it looked like prior to Dimmig's store conversion in 1971.
Oh. That recent. I always figured it hadn't been a theater since like the 50 s. interesting. I always find pics of the center of town before the island very interesting. Huge Victorian house I've seen pics of that sat where Wells Fargo bank is now.
Electronic

Hatfield, PA

#29 Jul 4, 2013
Richland Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the Palace Barber Shop which moved across from QNB and was operated by Charlie Brader was on the left side of the entrance. The other side was a travel agency, but I don't know what it was called.
It might have been All-Ways Travel's first location.
Richland Resident

Quakertown, PA

#30 Jul 4, 2013
Electronic wrote:
<quoted text>It might have been All-Ways Travel's first location.
I don't think so. I'm fairly certain that was always on the other side of Broad St. near Cohen's pharmacy.
Waste of Time and Money

Reading, PA

#31 Jul 4, 2013
This place will be another Eagle. Mark my words. They dont call that place the dirty bird for nothing. Right across from the biggest drug hub in town. Brilliant business plan.
Crown Royale

Quakertown, PA

#32 Jul 4, 2013
The old Twin Gables (Lucky's) would have been a better location, however, the parking is a nightmare. Who owns Lucky's?
resident

Quakertown, PA

#33 Jul 4, 2013
Crown Royale wrote:
The old Twin Gables (Lucky's) would have been a better location, however, the parking is a nightmare. Who owns Lucky's?
No you have to inject life into downtown. With that said, it would be nice to see the old Lucky's re-open. Don't worry about parking. Qtown is very walkable.
New Feel

Quakertown, PA

#34 Jul 7, 2013
It's another business trying to revive the downtown. Good for them. Next step, implement imminent domain, buy all those crumbling houses and businesses and start building up this area.
New park, plenty of community activities on holidays, and more trendy places, Chocolatier, Karlton Cafe, Panera, etc.
Not bad for ol'Q-town. Oh, by the way, someone said it's a "Blue collar town"???? More like a predominately "no-collar town" but at least some folks are trying to spruce it up.
Electronic

Hatfield, PA

#35 Jul 7, 2013
New Feel wrote:
It's another business trying to revive the downtown. Good for them. Next step, implement imminent domain, buy all those crumbling houses and businesses and start building up this area.
New park, plenty of community activities on holidays, and more trendy places, Chocolatier, Karlton Cafe, Panera, etc.
Not bad for ol'Q-town. Oh, by the way, someone said it's a "Blue collar town"???? More like a predominately "no-collar town" but at least some folks are trying to spruce it up.
WTF is "imminent domain".
Info

Quakertown, PA

#36 Jul 7, 2013
Electronic wrote:
<quoted text>WTF is "imminent domain".
eminent domain: The property may be taken either for government use or by delegation to third parties who will devote it to public or civic use or, in some cases, economic development.

They used eminent domain to take the rear of homeowner's properties for the Liberty trail in Schwenksville a number of years ago.
Snowman

Lansdale, PA

#37 Jul 7, 2013
Info wrote:
<quoted text>eminent domain: The property may be taken either for government use or by delegation to third parties who will devote it to public or civic use or, in some cases, economic development.
They used eminent domain to take the rear of homeowner's properties for the Liberty trail in Schwenksville a number of years ago.
You going to bring somebody's kid into this thread too, LOWLIFE!
resident

Perkasie, PA

#38 Jul 7, 2013
Crown Royale wrote:
It's owned by a woman named Jlia. She's a realtor.
Electronic

Hatfield, PA

#39 Jul 7, 2013
resident wrote:
<quoted text>It's owned by a woman named Jlia. She's a realtor.
Julia Bossert.
Spade a Spade

Horsham, PA

#40 Jul 10, 2013
Quakertown:
where the collars are blue, the necks are red and the trash is white!'Merica. F-yeah.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coopersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All Star Kenpo Karate (Jan '11) 3 hr noreen 13
Bucks County News Feed (May '14) 9 hr Whois 105
Trader Joes 20 hr In the Know 4
local raw honey on 663 (May '14) Thu shut up trolls 32
Ametek U.S. Gauge (Jul '12) Thu SBO 701 123
Faulkner Ciocca Divorce Wed robb 1
cretinville Mar 3 Fan 5

Coopersburg News Video

Coopersburg Dating
Find my Match