Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

OK, you libs all want to blame Bush for everything, how about admitting he was right about Saddam having WMD's and sending them to Syria before we got there. Now that they have used poison gas it is pretty obvious where they went!
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Jersey Duke wrote:
OK, you libs all want to blame Bush for everything, how about admitting he was right about Saddam having WMD's and sending them to Syria before we got there. Now that they have used poison gas it is pretty obvious where they went!
"Signaling growing official concern over Syria's burgeoning CW production capability, in June of 1986 the Reagan Administration banned the sale of sarin and mustard precursors to Syria.[23] However, by the early 1990's numerous reports of illicit trade began to emerge. In 1996 Russian authorities charged retired Lieutenant General Anatoliy Kuntsevich with shipping 800-kilograms of precursor chemicals to Syria.[24] Although these charges were eventually dropped, Israeli press reported that Kuntsevich later admitted to the transfer of nerve agent precursors.[25] It later emerged that Kuntsevich and Syria first agreed to collaborate on the transfer of equipment and materials to Syria in 1992.

"By 1997, both U.S. and Israeli sources claimed that Syria's CW program, under the administration of CERS, included production facilities in Damascus, Homs, and Aleppo and could produce sarin, mustard, and potentially VX.

"From 2002 to 2006, reports from the U.S. Director of Central Intelligence repeated that "Damascus already held a stockpile of the nerve agent sarin, but apparently tried to develop more toxic and persistent nerve agents." [31] The 2009 and 2010 versions of this report repeated a similar line, that Syria "has had a CW program for many years and already has a stockpile of CW agents" and that "Syria remains dependent on foreign sources for key elements of its CW program, including precursor chemicals."

http://www.nti.org/country-profiles/syria/che...

Syria made their own way before.
Thursday

Hatfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Jersey Duke wrote:
Even the guys who lied to Bush about them now admit they lied.
diesel

White Haven, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

I'm curious to witness how the Nobel Peace prize winner is going to react.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

diesel wrote:
I'm curious to witness how the Nobel Peace prize winner is going to react.
guess you will have to ask President Carter about it.
Bullwinkle

Collegeville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

dbar wrote:
<quoted text>guess you will have to ask President Carter about it.
You really do need your ass kicked
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Bullwinkle wrote:
<quoted text>
You really do need your ass kicked
you can try.
but i suspect that you have tried a lot of things and failed.
so your used to being a failure.
Bullwinkle

Collegeville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

dbar wrote:
<quoted text>you can try.
but i suspect that you have tried a lot of things and failed.
so your used to being a failure.
You're used to being a douchbag. Me? Failure ? Never. And you really do need your ass kicked, so you just let me know. I'd like to help with that. I love to smack the shit out of Communists.
diesel

White Haven, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Obama, the President of peace, Nobel Peace Prize winner, spreading peace, one cruise missile and drone strike at a time.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Bullwinkle wrote:
<quoted text>
You're used to being a douchbag. Me? Failure ? Never. And you really do need your ass kicked, so you just let me know. I'd like to help with that. I love to smack the shit out of Communists.
well put on your tinfoil lined deerstalker hat and go for it.
you will know your getting closer when the laughter gets louder.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Jersey Duke wrote:
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2012/07...

"Saddam Did No Such Thing Because That Would Be Ridiculous One of those people is Kris Alexander, an officer in the U.S. Army, writing in Wired's Danger Room today. Alexander says if you think about this theory logically, it makes no sense.. First, it's illogical to think that in 2003 with the U.S. on the brink of invading, Saddam would give up the one thing that would raise the stakes of a U.S.-led invasion. But that's not the only reason this theory is illogical, he argues:

Second, let’s say that Saddam wasn’t so concerned about the Americans — a miscalculation that Saddam seems to have made. That’s actually not a rationale for transferring weapons to Syria. Just like in 1991, he faced the collapse of his regime. Except back then, he slaughtered jubilant Shiites and used chemical weapons on the Kurds. Why, in 2003, would Saddam give up the worst threat he could make against his people?
Third, the Iraqi Ba’athists and Syrian Ba’athists are far from allies. Syria’s Allawites are minority Shiites and proxies to Iraq’s arch-enemy Iran. They fought on the allied side against Iraq during Desert Storm. Why would Saddam turn over his deadliest weapons Iran’s best friend in the region? Remember: Saddam says he made his WMD threats to cower the Iranians.
Fourth, from a U.S. military perspective, the transfer would have been impossible to hide. I worked at U.S. Central Command’s Mideast headquarters before, during, and after the invasion, which gave me a good understanding of what was going on at the time. The region was blanketed by U.S. military assets. Operation Enduring Freedom was in full swing in Afghanistan, and Operations Northern and Southern Watch were still in place over Iraq. If something moved — like, say a convoy of Winnebagos of Death heading for Syria — it could be detected and killed.
Do you think anyone in the administration or the military would have turned down the chance to justify the war before it started? Further, does anyone honestly think that if the Bush administration had good evidence that the material was somehow making its way into Syria, it wouldn’t have acted? Defense Secretary Rumsfeld was threatening Assad almost as soon as U.S. troops reached Baghdad"
Jersey Duke

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2012/07...
"Saddam Did No Such Thing Because That Would Be Ridiculous One of those people is Kris Alexander, an officer in the U.S. Army, writing in Wired's Danger Room today. Alexander says if you think about this theory logically, it makes no sense.. First, it's illogical to think that in 2003 with the U.S. on the brink of invading, Saddam would give up the one thing that would raise the stakes of a U.S.-led invasion. But that's not the only reason this theory is illogical, he argues:
Second, let’s say that Saddam wasn’t so concerned about the Americans — a miscalculation that Saddam seems to have made. That’s actually not a rationale for transferring weapons to Syria. Just like in 1991, he faced the collapse of his regime. Except back then, he slaughtered jubilant Shiites and used chemical weapons on the Kurds. Why, in 2003, would Saddam give up the worst threat he could make against his people?
Third, the Iraqi Ba’athists and Syrian Ba’athists are far from allies. Syria’s Allawites are minority Shiites and proxies to Iraq’s arch-enemy Iran. They fought on the allied side against Iraq during Desert Storm. Why would Saddam turn over his deadliest weapons Iran’s best friend in the region? Remember: Saddam says he made his WMD threats to cower the Iranians.
Fourth, from a U.S. military perspective, the transfer would have been impossible to hide. I worked at U.S. Central Command’s Mideast headquarters before, during, and after the invasion, which gave me a good understanding of what was going on at the time. The region was blanketed by U.S. military assets. Operation Enduring Freedom was in full swing in Afghanistan, and Operations Northern and Southern Watch were still in place over Iraq. If something moved — like, say a convoy of Winnebagos of Death heading for Syria — it could be detected and killed.
Do you think anyone in the administration or the military would have turned down the chance to justify the war before it started? Further, does anyone honestly think that if the Bush administration had good evidence that the material was somehow making its way into Syria, it wouldn’t have acted? Defense Secretary Rumsfeld was threatening Assad almost as soon as U.S. troops reached Baghdad"
BS! One of Saddam's top generals said the WMD's were put on commercial airliners with the seats removed and something like 54 flights took the poison gas to Syria. Dumbar wouldn't know the truth if it bit you in the butt.
Joe

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Jersey Duke wrote:
Bush was wrong. He accused Saddam Hussein of developing a nuclear program. And there was no evidence that any program existed.
Info

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush was wrong. He accused Saddam Hussein of developing a nuclear program. And there was no evidence that any program existed.
That's true.

And Obama will be wrong if he gets us involved in another middle eastern war, won't he? This time, we'll have Russia, China, and Iran to fight with.

Welcome to WW III.
Thom

Haldensleben, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

both these criminals are global criminals and global genocides, psychopaths without rules, morality, honour, regard.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Jersey Duke wrote:
<quoted text>
BS! One of Saddam's top generals said the WMD's were put on commercial airliners with the seats removed and something like 54 flights took the poison gas to Syria. Dumbar wouldn't know the truth if it bit you in the butt.
and "curveball"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curveball_ (informant)

" is an Iraqi citizen who defected from Iraq in 1999, claiming that he had worked as a chemical engineer at a plant that manufactured mobile biological weapon laboratories as part of an Iraqi weapons of mass destruction program.[2] Alwan's allegations were subsequently shown to be false by the Iraq Survey Group's final report published in 2004.[3][4]
Despite warnings from the German Federal Intelligence Service and the British Secret Intelligence Service questioning the authenticity of the claims, the US Government and British government utilized them to build a rationale for military action in the lead up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq, including in the 2003 State of the Union address, where President Bush said "we know that Iraq, in the late 1990s, had several mobile biological weapons labs", and Colin Powell's presentation to the UN Security Council, which contained a computer generated image of a mobile biological weapons laboratory."

"Former CIA official Tyler Drumheller summed up Curveball as "a guy trying to get his green card essentially, in Germany, and playing the system for what it was worth."[2]
In a February 2011 interview with the Guardian he "admitted for the first time that he lied about his story, then watched in shock as it was used to justify the war"

so you want to believe just one source?
Baghdad Bob made quite a lot of claims as well.
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Thursday wrote:
<quoted text>Even the guys who lied to Bush about them now admit they lied.
Really? Who are these guys who admitted they lied?
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Rewriting history again? The whole world, including the Democrat Congress and the UN believed he had a nuke program. He ignored 12 resolutions and kicked out the UN inspectors. He wanted the world to think he had WMD and there's no doubt he would have pursued them as he used chemical weapons on his own people, invaded Kuwait, and tortured, raped, and killed tens of thousands of innocent civilians. We were mislead by bad intel - but to think Saddam wasn't planning on getting nukes is just selective memory at work.
Inquiring Mind

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Thom wrote:
both these criminals are global criminals and global genocides, psychopaths without rules, morality, honour, regard.
A German accusing another country of genocide? What's the German word for "irony"?
UsedtotheLies

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>A German accusing another country of genocide? What's the German word for "irony"?
You really. Are an Ass

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Coopersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Ferguson - Quakertown, PA 39 min info 81
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Jelly 51,280
I can't drive…55 3 hr Opinion 10
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 5 hr A Muslims Useful... 3,899
driveway paving Wed robb 7
HD antenna Wed Townes 1
In a lot of pain I need help Wed cls0707 7

Search the Coopersburg Forum:
•••

Coopersburg News Video

•••
•••

Coopersburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••