Speakers at PPL hearing say plan to cut energy consumption isn'...

Full story: The Morning Call

A plan proposed by PPL to reduce the energy consumption of its customers should include more options and not rely so heavily on compact fluorescent light bulbs.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 22 of22
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Local guy

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Yeah, we are supposed to conserve electricity yet the government comes up with this billiant idea to make everyone switch to digital TV's which take 3 times the electric to run. So all those bulbs you changed don't mean a damn thing when you fire up that fancy new digital television. How stupid.

And again I say we had a system of affordable electric, but we all swallowed the thought of competition driving it even lower. HA! That was one Hell of a joke on the consumer.
Gary

Schnecksville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2009

Local guy wrote:
Yeah, we are supposed to conserve electricity yet the government comes up with this billiant idea to make everyone switch to digital TV's which take 3 times the electric to run. So all those bulbs you changed don't mean a **** thing when you fire up that fancy new digital television. How stupid.
And again I say we had a system of affordable electric, but we all swallowed the thought of competition driving it even lower. HA! That was one Hell of a joke on the consumer.
Digital TV takes 3 times the electricity to run???
Where did you hear that one?
Think about it, on cable you can use the same television that you used before without any extra converter boxes. What is causing the requirement for the extra power?
If you are using an antenne you would need a converter box, it's just a tuner, They use very little power.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 22 of22
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Coopersburg Discussions

Search the Coopersburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Brew pub in Dimmig Building 5 hr ready for change 42
Quakertown Community School District Superinten... 7 hr Meh 79
Is God Real? (Mar '13) 8 hr right 225
bar 8 hr Queerintown 25
Does anyone know when Little Caesar's is opening? 11 hr Huh 12
Paul Stepanoff Needs to be Removed NOW! 13 hr Taxpayer 72
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 19 hr Go Blue Forever 3,744
•••
•••

Coopersburg News Video

•••
•••

Coopersburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Coopersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE