Speakers at PPL hearing say plan to c...

Speakers at PPL hearing say plan to cut energy consumption isn'...

There are 22 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jul 31, 2009, titled Speakers at PPL hearing say plan to cut energy consumption isn'.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A plan proposed by PPL to reduce the energy consumption of its customers should include more options and not rely so heavily on compact fluorescent light bulbs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Local guy

Allentown, PA

#21 Aug 5, 2009
Yeah, we are supposed to conserve electricity yet the government comes up with this billiant idea to make everyone switch to digital TV's which take 3 times the electric to run. So all those bulbs you changed don't mean a damn thing when you fire up that fancy new digital television. How stupid.

And again I say we had a system of affordable electric, but we all swallowed the thought of competition driving it even lower. HA! That was one Hell of a joke on the consumer.
Gary

Schnecksville, PA

#22 Aug 7, 2009
Local guy wrote:
Yeah, we are supposed to conserve electricity yet the government comes up with this billiant idea to make everyone switch to digital TV's which take 3 times the electric to run. So all those bulbs you changed don't mean a **** thing when you fire up that fancy new digital television. How stupid.
And again I say we had a system of affordable electric, but we all swallowed the thought of competition driving it even lower. HA! That was one Hell of a joke on the consumer.
Digital TV takes 3 times the electricity to run???
Where did you hear that one?
Think about it, on cable you can use the same television that you used before without any extra converter boxes. What is causing the requirement for the extra power?
If you are using an antenne you would need a converter box, it's just a tuner, They use very little power.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coopersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Sign on 309 Sat Jennifer schaible 13
Quakertown Electric (Jul '10) Sat Jennifer schaible 65
Couple that thinks the are Quakertown best!! Sat Jennifer schaible 4
school bus. Fri marie 19
dealer (Jun '13) Dec 7 No name 17
Need a great hair stylist Dec 6 gerry curl 7
Above ground pool eyesore (Jun '13) Dec 6 me 53

Coopersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance