Next Last
Tired

Hatfield, PA

#1 Mar 4, 2013
Watch this video on wealth distribution in America:

Info

Quakertown, PA

#2 Mar 4, 2013
I'm not rich, but I want some rich guy to give me his money because that's fair.

Well, tough luck. You want money...earn it.
Info

Quakertown, PA

#3 Mar 4, 2013
More class warfare BS.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

#4 Mar 4, 2013
As Rinehart observed in an earlier magazine piece: "There is no monopoly on becoming a millionaire. If you're jealous of those with more money don't just sit there and complain, do something to make more money yourself. Spend less time drinking, smoking and socializing and more time working."

"Rinehart knows what it means to pull yourself up by the bootstraps. She inherited a fortune now estimated to be worth about $18 billion. That's a heavy burden to bear."
Inquiring Mind

North Wales, PA

#5 Mar 4, 2013
dbar wrote:
As Rinehart observed in an earlier magazine piece: "There is no monopoly on becoming a millionaire. If you're jealous of those with more money don't just sit there and complain, do something to make more money yourself. Spend less time drinking, smoking and socializing and more time working."
"Rinehart knows what it means to pull yourself up by the bootstraps. She inherited a fortune now estimated to be worth about $18 billion. That's a heavy burden to bear."
So inheriting money somehow makes one unable to formulate a sensible opinion? If she had inherited zilch, would it have made the complainers who sit on their ass and wait for the govt to take care of them more likely to become millionaires? You're blaming the messenger. I suspect there are many people who had nothing to start and worked for their fortunes that would agree with her advice.
Joe

Quakertown, PA

#6 Mar 4, 2013
People become wealthy through inheritance, luck and connections. If any skill is involved, it's through communications.
Info

Quakertown, PA

#7 Mar 4, 2013
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
So inheriting money somehow makes one unable to formulate a sensible opinion? If she had inherited zilch, would it have made the complainers who sit on their ass and wait for the govt to take care of them more likely to become millionaires? You're blaming the messenger. I suspect there are many people who had nothing to start and worked for their fortunes that would agree with her advice.
Of course he's blaming the messenger.

RULE 13 of Rules for Radicals:“Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

RULE 5:“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
Info

Quakertown, PA

#8 Mar 4, 2013
Joe wrote:
People become wealthy through inheritance, luck and connections. If any skill is involved, it's through communications.
Wow, you forgot to mention hard work, a concept completely foreign to government leeches like you.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

#9 Mar 4, 2013
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
quite true there are people who earned their fortune.
they worked hard for their wealth,kudos to them.
she inherited hers.
so claiming the secret to being a millionaire is working harder does not apply to her.
or does she mean to be a billionaire you have to inherit it?
nothing wrong with her stating her opinion,however she is on the same level as a lawyer claiming to be a scientist.

at the very least she is completely tone deaf on the condition of the average working person.
Lehigh County Resident

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Mar 4, 2013
Joe wrote:
On 1/3/1995 I did not have a nickle to my name, actually I probably have a negative net worth. Since then, I did not inherit a penny, did not get lucky, or connect with any millionaires. However, I relied on hard work and perseverance to accumulate well over a million dollars by the time I was 38. With your negative outlook on money, you are never going to accumulate any.
Lehigh County Resident

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Mar 4, 2013
Just an FYI, < 16% of millionaires inherit their money.
Joe

Quakertown, PA

#12 Mar 4, 2013
Lehigh County Resident wrote:
<quoted text>On 1/3/1995 I did not have a nickle to my name, actually I probably have a negative net worth. Since then, I did not inherit a penny, did not get lucky, or connect with any millionaires. However, I relied on hard work and perseverance to accumulate well over a million dollars by the time I was 38. With your negative outlook on money, you are never going to accumulate any.
You were at the right place at the right time investing in an emerging market.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

#13 Mar 4, 2013
Just an FYI, < 16% of millionaires inherit their money.
and what is the percentage of billionaires?
Wrong

Quakertown, PA

#14 Mar 4, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Luck? How about investing smartly.

Again, you are going back to your assumptions of inheritance and luck. Not everyone has Lady Luck on their side.

It's called hard work, but that is something you wouldn't know.
Lehigh County Resident

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Mar 4, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually lost 66,912 in just investments in 2008, that's not good luck.

Instead of making excuses, why don't you make a commitment to better yourself or your financial position.
Inquiring Mind

North Wales, PA

#16 Mar 4, 2013
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
quite true there are people who earned their fortune.
they worked hard for their wealth,kudos to them.
she inherited hers.
so claiming the secret to being a millionaire is working harder does not apply to her.
or does she mean to be a billionaire you have to inherit it?
nothing wrong with her stating her opinion,however she is on the same level as a lawyer claiming to be a scientist.
at the very least she is completely tone deaf on the condition of the average working person.
Very faulty logic. Donald Trump was left $180 million by his father and is regarded as an "expert" in financial matters even though he's gone bankrupt several times. Many other successful people have also made and lost fortunes. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to know it's a bad idea to shove an icepick in your ear.
Inquiring Mind

North Wales, PA

#17 Mar 4, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You, my friend, are the poster boy for failure. You will always be at the bottom of the heap with your attitude. Clueless doesn't even to begin to address your situation.
Joe

Quakertown, PA

#18 Mar 4, 2013
<quoted text>I actually lost 66,912 in just investments in 2008, that's not good luck.
Instead of making excuses, why don't you make a commitment to better yourself or your financial position.
The stock market is all about luck. You can research companies and monitor national and international politics, but it still comes down to picking the right investments at the right time. I don't examine my investments everyday. I have more interesting things to read. But the value of my investments have increased by 40% under the Obama Administration.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

#19 Mar 4, 2013
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Very faulty logic. Donald Trump was left $180 million by his father and is regarded as an "expert" in financial matters even though he's gone bankrupt several times. Many other successful people have also made and lost fortunes. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to know it's a bad idea to shove an icepick in your ear.
"expert" by who.
himself?
not many people earn billions.
i think that is more inherited.
Joe

Quakertown, PA

#20 Mar 4, 2013
Inquiring Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
You, my friend, are the poster boy for failure. You will always be at the bottom of the heap with your attitude. Clueless doesn't even to begin to address your situation.
Let's revisit this post because it's so rich and telling. When losing the argument launch a personal attack. Because I don't subscribe to IQ's political ideology, I have been labeled the "poster boy for failure." Wow. Talk about being narrow-minded. I not even going to brush this up as GOP arrogance. Because I have GOP and conservative friends, some serving in elected office. Opinions differ, but respect never wanes. No, this is just arrogance coming from a very bitter man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coopersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i am new here,want to make friends (Oct '11) Fri In the Know 26
Girl in Red Kia Jul 31 Tits McGee 3
Local child rapist not on megans law Jul 31 Curiousity Cat 1
Bucks County News Feed (May '14) Jul 31 QMart lurker 133
Memories of Quakertown (Jan '10) Jul 30 Spice 754
Contractor Fraud - Tom Dwyer Jul 29 buckscoguy 3
How much do ELECTRICIANs charge? (Jul '11) Jul 29 2033_reallysucks 39
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Coopersburg Mortgages