Burgers & Beans
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
just me

Humble, TX

#42 Jun 24, 2013
Thrilled there will be someplace to eat in town. Cooper has a lot of potential. My husband and I both work and do not get home until after 5 each night. Sad to say but we have to drive to Commerce, Sulphur springs or Paris to eat out. So happy someone is willing to stay open a few nights and on weekends! DQ is fine but just so much of that one can take... I hope other businesses will follow suit and give this town a chance again.
Why

United States

#43 Jun 28, 2013
Why are the people in delta county so negative, are y'all so far behind you don't know how to move forward and let growth come to this town? You should be encouraging to people who have the motivation to start something to better their self and this town!
kelly stewart

Athens, TX

#44 Jun 28, 2013
amen.......
good luck

Cumby, TX

#45 Jun 29, 2013
I'm not holding my breath on this one being very succesful. The people that are renting the place have both had several failed business' and no real resturant experiance. The food they cooked this week was horrible . Not off to a good start. So I guess the good people of Cooper will be their lab rats.
just me

Humble, TX

#46 Jul 5, 2013
Hard for me to understand why people in Cooper bash someone trying to bring some businesses to the town. People complain about the roads and everything else but I guess they do not understand it takes tax monies to get things like roads repaired... if we had just one big business or manufacturing company put some roots in Cooper it would begin to generate money. My family and I cannot wait until the new restaurant opens. More power to those willing to take a chance and more this town in the right direction! I hope the place is a success and others will begin to follow suit! If the people of Cooper would frequent the business here they would grow, I do know bashing and small talk does not generate growth!
really

Ashburn, VA

#47 Jul 5, 2013
what makes you think people will frequent the 'new' place when they didn't before? there are many places to eat in town and all are just barely making it. they come & they go due to bad service, bad food, high prices, lack of consistancey in hrs, and pure laziness. if you want real good food you have to go out of town. we need industry and jobs, not another cafe.
Agree

Lone Oak, TX

#48 Jul 5, 2013
Why wrote:
Why are the people in delta county so negative, are y'all so far behind you don't know how to move forward and let growth come to this town? You should be encouraging to people who have the motivation to start something to better their self and this town!
You can't judge what is written in this forum or any other for that matter. The comments listed here are those of a few people, and don't represent the whole county. They are ney sayers who have been disgruntled since they experienced their own failures in life. These few are miserable and only want to stir the pot.
Agree

Lone Oak, TX

#49 Jul 7, 2013
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't judge what is written in this forum or any other for that matter. The comments listed here are those of a few people, and don't represent the whole county. They are ney sayers who have been disgruntled since they experienced their own failures in life. These few are miserable and only want to stir the pot.
I support anyone who is interested in being a part of the communities of Delta County. My hat is off to anyone who has the foresight and/or vision to develop a plan and move forward in any legal business venture. Most of us are happy to know another restaurant will replace the one that left. There are always a few who are resistant to change and have nothing positive to say about anyone or anything. Good Luck to Silver Skillet!
Good Citizen

Porter, TX

#50 Jul 7, 2013
My, oh my,.....I can hardly believe what I read on this forum. Got on here this morning to see if I could find out about a house fire I heard about in Westtowne over the holiday. Saw Burgers and Beans had a recent post and thought it would be lot of congratulations to the owners, but no, lots of ugly talk that apparently is from several uninformed folks. I am a lady and whenever I walked into B& B once I was spotted the cursing stopped and everyone was courteous. I do know that at one time a preacher man was frequenting the place and trying to push his "opinions" on others and I understand that's when they would cut loose. Burgers and Beans will be missed by a lot of good folks, but we now will have The Silver Skillet and I'm sure it will be delicious. Gaylon is a fantastic cook, and with his supervision I feel certain it should be a success. Have known Gaylon all of his life. He is a great father, son, and friend. He is an educated individual and a very hard worker. So... for those who choose to get on here and say ugly, vicious things, why don't you crawl right back into that sewer and leave the rest of us alone.!!?
Seriously

Paris, TX

#51 Jul 8, 2013
Good Citizen wrote:
My, oh my,.....I can hardly believe what I read on this forum. Got on here this morning to see if I could find out about a house fire I heard about in Westtowne over the holiday. Saw Burgers and Beans had a recent post and thought it would be lot of congratulations to the owners, but no, lots of ugly talk that apparently is from several uninformed folks. I am a lady and whenever I walked into B& B once I was spotted the cursing stopped and everyone was courteous. I do know that at one time a preacher man was frequenting the place and trying to push his "opinions" on others and I understand that's when they would cut loose. Burgers and Beans will be missed by a lot of good folks, but we now will have The Silver Skillet and I'm sure it will be delicious. Gaylon is a fantastic cook, and with his supervision I feel certain it should be a success. Have known Gaylon all of his life. He is a great father, son, and friend. He is an educated individual and a very hard worker. So... for those who choose to get on here and say ugly, vicious things, why don't you crawl right back into that sewer and leave the rest of us alone.!!?
AMEN!!!
Cooper needs a facelift and this family is doing it! They have 2 businesses on the square now and trying to HELP!
Be supportive.
Be positive!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cooper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why are white women, starting to prefer black m... (Feb '13) Mon SICK OF SOCIETY 253
Fake SEAL in Sulfur Springs (Jul '14) Jun 23 Anonymous 11
coot coots , and, prune shoots Jun 23 steve miller tex 4
Ladonianites for Bernie Sanders Jun 22 marci_g2000 2
who doesnt enjoy a xanax? Jun 22 marci_g2000 2
jan cooper for mayor! Jun 22 marci_g2000 3
husband and wife pill duo Jun 22 marci_g2000 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cooper Mortgages