Enloe Museum's Richard Duncan captures Delta County history

Jul 11, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: North Texas e-News

Unique in many ways, the Mary Slough Museum in downtown Enloe, seven miles northeast of Cooper is likely to become a favorite Texas historical showcase for visitors who spend an hour with Richard Duncan, director of research, genealogist, and chief volunteer.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jun 10, 2012
sweet caroline

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2011

I believe the name is Clara Foster Slough Museum, but everything else is right. It is well worth a trip to Enloe, but be sure and allow yourself plenty of time to tour the museum. If you are lucky enough to go when Richard Duncan is there, you are in for a special treat. He is a storehouse of information. Wish I'd had more time when I was there. Will certainly go back.
Sunrise

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2011

sweet caroline wrote:
I believe the name is Clara Foster Slough Museum, but everything else is right. It is well worth a trip to Enloe, but be sure and allow yourself plenty of time to tour the museum. If you are lucky enough to go when Richard Duncan is there, you are in for a special treat. He is a storehouse of information. Wish I'd had more time when I was there. Will certainly go back.
That sounds interesting. Do you know the days and hours they are open?
sweet caroline

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Best I recall, they are open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. I know there was a sign on the front with phone numbers to call if nobody was at the museum.
Tiger fan

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

more info can be found about the museum at www.enloemuseum.blogspot.com . They are open most weekends and by appointment during the week.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2012

The history there is so rich

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cooper Discussions

Search the Cooper Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Defiant1 16,983
KSST, Enola Gay (Jan '10) 1 hr From The Peanut Gallery 15
Ben Snow and the Wet/Dry petition 1 hr June 16
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 1 hr Defiant1 751
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Defiant1 21,375
Dating in Sulphur Springs (Dec '11) 2 hr nina roth 5
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) 2 hr Larry Grover 591
•••
•••

Cooper News Video

•••
Cooper Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Cooper Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••