Nuclear Attacks? Where are our fallout shelters?

Posted in the Cooper Forum

Jeremy

Wylie, TX

#1 Jul 25, 2007
In the light of the below information, it is vitally important that if we do not have shelter here in the town for us, that we begin to work on a plan of some kind to protect our family and friends and build our own shelters if we have to ...
Contingencies for nuclear terrorist attack
Government working up plan to prevent chaos in wake of bombing of major city

As concerns grow that terrorists might attack a major American city with a nuclear bomb, a high-level group of government and military officials has been quietly preparing an emergency survival program that would include the building of bomb shelters, steps to prevent panicked evacuations and the possible suspension of some civil liberties.
Many experts say the likelihood of al Qaeda or some other terrorist group producing a working nuclear weapon with illicitly obtained weapons-grade fuel is not large, but such a strike would be far more lethal, frightening and disruptive than the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. Not only could the numbers killed and wounded be far higher, but the explosion could, experts say, ignite widespread fires, shut down most transportation, halt much economic activity and cause a possible disintegration of government order.
The efforts to prepare a detailed blueprint for survival took a step forward last month when senior government and military officials and other experts, organized by a joint Stanford-Harvard program called the Preventive Defense Project, met behind closed doors in Washington for a day-long workshop.
The session, called “The Day After,” was premised on the idea that efforts focusing on preventing such a strike were no longer enough, and that the prospect of a collapse of government order was so great if there were an attack that the country needed to begin preparing an emergency program.
One of the participants, retired Vice Adm. Roger Rufe, is a senior official at the Department of Homeland Security who is currently designing the government’s nuclear attack response plan.
The organizers of the nonpartisan project, Stanford’s William Perry, a secretary of defense in the Clinton administration, and Harvard’s Ashton Carter, a senior Defense Department official during the Clinton years, assumed the detonation of a bomb similar in size to the weapon that destroyed Hiroshima in World War II.
Such a weapon, with a force of around 10 to 15 kilotons, is small compared with most Cold War-era warheads, but is roughly the yield of a relatively simple bomb. That would be considerably more powerful and lethal than a so-called dirty bomb, which is a conventional explosive packed with some dangerous radioactive material that would be dispersed by the explosion.
read the full article here > http://forgenerations.net/ssblog/...
For more information about the world we are living in and how our new dictator Bush is trying to completely become the Emperor of our country, click over to this page: http://www.forgenerations.net/nwo/index.html .
Thanks,
Jeremy Nelson
> jeremy@forgenerations.net
> www.forgenerations.net
Edward Ballor

AOL

#2 Sep 28, 2007
I would like to find a government fallout shelter for sale..When a private individual gets their hands on one, even though they paid peanuts from the government, they ask a fortune for them. Example: A government fallout shelter in Texas, sold by the government for $28,000, is now being sold by the private owner for $600,000. That's rediculous..I believe in making a profit, but I think this is a bit averboard...Talk about trying to take advantage of the people!!!
Pip

Sulphur Springs, TX

#3 Nov 23, 2007
Do you really think it would help?Seriously, if it comes down to it, we ate going to die.nuclear bomb=destruction.End of story
Sonja

Whitefish, MT

#4 Oct 23, 2008
Edward Ballor wrote:
I would like to find a government fallout shelter for sale..When a private individual gets their hands on one, even though they paid peanuts from the government, they ask a fortune for them. Example: A government fallout shelter in Texas, sold by the government for $28,000, is now being sold by the private owner for $600,000. That's rediculous..I believe in making a profit, but I think this is a bit averboard...Talk about trying to take advantage of the people!!!
http://nuclearradiationshelter s.com My father Jim Nelsen designed plans for shelters that are affordable!!
he would be happy to answer any questions that you may have his email is on the web page.
David

Austin, TX

#5 Jan 13, 2009
Go here:

http://www.strategicengineeredsolutions.com/p...
Jeremy wrote:
In the light of the below information, it is vitally important that if we do not have shelter here in the town for us, that we begin to work on a plan of some kind to protect our family and friends and build our own shelters if we have to ...
Contingencies for nuclear terrorist attack
Government working up plan to prevent chaos in wake of bombing of major city
As concerns grow that terrorists might attack a major American city with a nuclear bomb, a high-level group of government and military officials has been quietly preparing an emergency survival program that would include the building of bomb shelters, steps to prevent panicked evacuations and the possible suspension of some civil liberties.
Many experts say the likelihood of al Qaeda or some other terrorist group producing a working nuclear weapon with illicitly obtained weapons-grade fuel is not large, but such a strike would be far more lethal, frightening and disruptive than the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. Not only could the numbers killed and wounded be far higher, but the explosion could, experts say, ignite widespread fires, shut down most transportation, halt much economic activity and cause a possible disintegration of government order.
The efforts to prepare a detailed blueprint for survival took a step forward last month when senior government and military officials and other experts, organized by a joint Stanford-Harvard program called the Preventive Defense Project, met behind closed doors in Washington for a day-long workshop.
The session, called “The Day After,” was premised on the idea that efforts focusing on preventing such a strike were no longer enough, and that the prospect of a collapse of government order was so great if there were an attack that the country needed to begin preparing an emergency program.
One of the participants, retired Vice Adm. Roger Rufe, is a senior official at the Department of Homeland Security who is currently designing the government’s nuclear attack response plan.
The organizers of the nonpartisan project, Stanford’s William Perry, a secretary of defense in the Clinton administration, and Harvard’s Ashton Carter, a senior Defense Department official during the Clinton years, assumed the detonation of a bomb similar in size to the weapon that destroyed Hiroshima in World War II.
Such a weapon, with a force of around 10 to 15 kilotons, is small compared with most Cold War-era warheads, but is roughly the yield of a relatively simple bomb. That would be considerably more powerful and lethal than a so-called dirty bomb, which is a conventional explosive packed with some dangerous radioactive material that would be dispersed by the explosion.
read the full article here > http://forgenerations.net/ssblog/...
For more information about the world we are living in and how our new dictator Bush is trying to completely become the Emperor of our country, click over to this page: http://www.forgenerations.net/nwo/index.html .
Thanks,
Jeremy Nelson
> jeremy@forgenerations.net
> www.forgenerations.net
David

Austin, TX

#6 Jan 13, 2009

Since: Jun 09

Scrotum, Idaho

#7 Jun 20, 2009
A bomb shelter for some 14,000 people.

Let's see - we're not going to walk to this thing - we'll also need parking for about 7,000 cars.

And bathroom facilities - and food.

That's a pretty tall order. Let me know when it's presented to the City Council - that should be something to remember!
allen

Sandpoint, ID

#8 Aug 31, 2009
Come talk to us we can put you something togather for alot less than 600,000.
www.northwestsheltersystems.com
TJ Mich

Trenton, MI

#9 Feb 17, 2010
Who would want to stick around after somthing this big happens?
Not me, I would rather meet my maker then live in a mad max world.
TK715Luke

AOL

#10 Apr 16, 2010
Personally I'd take the Mad Max world... everyone pulls their own weight to survive... no freeloaders
Michael98

Brazoria, TX

#11 Jun 2, 2010
I would also prefer the "Mad Max" world. As you guys point out, everyone pulls their own weight to survive, no freeloaders. I have the resources to outfit a bunker, just can't find one in S-SE Tx. Would appreciate any information. Already have enough basic dry goods (in storage lockers) for a community of 35-40 people for 2 yrs (yeah, it's a lot).
htwooh

Humble, TX

#12 Jun 3, 2010
drinking waters gonna be the first big problem
Prepared

United States

#13 Jun 5, 2010
EMERGENCY Preparation Meeting!!!

When: Tuesday June 8th

Time: 7:00 PM

Where: Republican Headquarters on the Cooper Square
next to mexican restaurant.

Program: Emergency preparedness in your home.
What you need to know and how to prepare
for an emergency.

Since: Jun 09

Scrotum, Idaho

#14 Jun 5, 2010
Prepared wrote:

What you need to know and how to prepare for an emergency.
Do what everybody else does - Call 911
Prepared

United States

#15 Jun 5, 2010
Telstar wrote:
<quoted text>
Do what everybody else does - Call 911
What if it is a EMP?

You won't have any phones, electricity, water, food, cars, etc.
It will throw our county back into the early 1800's. It will
take 3 years if we are lucky to get our country back up and running.
doomsday paradise

Simpsonville, SC

#16 Dec 11, 2012
China

Rockford, IL

#17 Mar 24, 2013
ugg i think north korea might nuke us. where do we go in Illinois. i do not have any money i am a single mother. Help. Where do we go?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cooper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two Women Shoplift From Several Stores in the P... 9 min Blue 25
Endangerment to a child in Commerce, Texas 10 hr usalltheway 5
why are white women, starting to prefer black m... (Feb '13) Thu Obsessed with Facts 151
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Herb Brookshire (May '11) Dec 16 Ol Lang 1,017
angel tree sign up (Oct '11) Dec 16 quatisha 12
Pie-in-the -sky Dec 7 Liberal forever 17

Cooper News Video

Cooper Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cooper People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cooper News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cooper

Personal Finance